PDA

View Full Version : Sir Alex in fine form

Numeric
09-05-2007, 12:31 PM
Sir has spoken...

"I'd bet for sure that Milan will win the Champions League. I'm absolutely certain of it," he told The Sun. "I told their manager Carlo Ancelotti at the end of our semi-final that there is no way he cannot win it now."

Sir even plans to drink to Milan's success in two weeks' time.

"Carlo gave me a magnificent bottle of wine. But I immediately told him there is no point in giving such a wonderful gift if he then fails in the final.

"In fact, I told him I would only drink his wine once I see him lifting the Champions League Cup."

:cheese:

Traxx
09-05-2007, 12:36 PM
We'll see. Heard all this before 2 years ago.

Insomnia
09-05-2007, 12:54 PM
Not surprising coming from Sir Alex........

He likes to wind the Pool up for sure!! :ohdear:

Esox Lucius
09-05-2007, 12:55 PM
got to agree with traxx, to be honest i think ac will win it, but you never know with liverpool. half time 2 years ago we thought they were dead & buried, anything can happen on the night.

Numeric
09-05-2007, 12:59 PM
true anything can happen, but there's no chance any of the Milan players will lose concentration this time, if Liverpool go a couple of goals behind there's no way Milan will allow them back into it like last time...

Insomnia
09-05-2007, 01:00 PM
got to agree with traxx, to be honest i think ac will win it, but you never know with liverpool. half time 2 years ago we thought they were dead & buried, anything can happen on the night.

The greatest come back i've ever seen in such an important game.....:cool:

basslinejunkie
09-05-2007, 01:03 PM
bitter bitter bitter.

what a gobshite.

yep milan are clear faves,but we'l see what happens on the nit.

Numeric
09-05-2007, 01:04 PM
The greatest come back i've ever seen in such an important game.....:cool:

**** that, they need to try winning without extra time and penalties...

Insomnia
09-05-2007, 01:07 PM
**** that, they need to try winning without extra time and penalties...

It goes without saying you'd rather say the 99 final was better i suppose....:;

Numeric
09-05-2007, 01:14 PM

DJ RE:HAB
09-05-2007, 03:29 PM
Sir has spoken...

"I'd bet for sure that Milan will win the Champions League. I'm absolutely certain of it," he told The Sun. "I told their manager Carlo Ancelotti at the end of our semi-final that there is no way he cannot win it now."

Sir even plans to drink to Milan's success in two weeks' time.

"Carlo gave me a magnificent bottle of wine. But I immediately told him there is no point in giving such a wonderful gift if he then fails in the final.

"In fact, I told him I would only drink his wine once I see him lifting the Champions League Cup."

Aye yer, funny i thought he would of been banging on about how good winning the premier league was. As this was more important to him...

3 days down the line and he's talking about the champs league...

Your not bitter are you Alex...?

Of course hes gonna be bitter after all, what will his 2007 Champs League been remembered for?

The 7-1 against roma?

Nah the 3-0 hammering and how bad they played against milan in semi's.

Thats the way football works...

And Numeric states Milan chucked away an adavantage in the 05 final...?

Pot, Kettle, Black.

Numeric
09-05-2007, 05:22 PM
this years Champions League campaign will always be over-shadowed by the fact that we won the Premiership, the European run was a bonus, we will remember it as the year that we missed out on the chance to t**t Liverpool in the final, because we were beaten by a rampant and full deserving Milan team, who we then got to enjoy watching t**t Liverpool in the final...

LittleMinx
09-05-2007, 05:25 PM
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

basslinejunkie
09-05-2007, 05:27 PM
this years Champions League campaign will always be over-shadowed by the fact that we won the Premiership, the European run was a bonus, we will remember it as the year that we missed out on the chance to t**t Liverpool in the final, because we were beaten by a rampant and full deserving Milan team, who we then got to enjoy watching t**t Liverpool in the final...

hahahaha

CROCK OF SHITE.

Insomnia
09-05-2007, 05:36 PM

Dude that makes me laugh!! :laughing:

You cant be for real?? :briggin:

Traxx
09-05-2007, 06:20 PM
The bad thing is, he means it. Clueless cunt, like the rest of his kind.

Numeric
09-05-2007, 06:31 PM
what part are you havin trouble with? the fact that United fans will remember this season for us winning the title, rather than the fact that we nearly got to the Champions League final, that's a bit of a no brainer one would have thought...

or is it that United would have beaten Liverpool in the final had we made it? considering Liverpools recent record vs United (two goals in three years), i think it's fair to assume we would have d**ked you quite royaly...

or perhaps you think that Liverpool may actualy win in Athens vs Milan? you're havin a laugh...

:laughing:

Richierush
09-05-2007, 06:51 PM
no liverpool fan round here wanted united,must have thought they had more chance against milan,personally there aint gona be no comebacks this year milan want revenge an i got a feelin comfortable revenge :cheese:
know'in The stuffie reds though i dunno :whoops: :laughing:
an that was never the greatest come back Tranmere v southamton in fa cup was,tranmere 3-0 down,at full time tranmere won 4-3 didnt need no penaltes to win the match :laughing:

Insomnia
09-05-2007, 07:22 PM
an that was never the greatest come back Tranmere v southamton in fa cup was,tranmere 3-0 down,at full time tranmere won 4-3 didnt need no penaltes to win the match :laughing:

What a Champions league final is no better way to do it than compared to the 3/4 round of the FA cup, i right who you trying to kid!! :;

LittleMinx
09-05-2007, 09:07 PM
what part are you havin trouble with? the fact that United fans will remember this season for us winning the title, rather than the fact that we nearly got to the Champions League final, that's a bit of a no brainer one would have thought...

or is it that United would have beaten Liverpool in the final had we made it? considering Liverpools recent record vs United (two goals in three years), i think it's fair to assume we would have d**ked you quite royaly...

or perhaps you think that Liverpool may actualy win in Athens vs Milan? you're havin a laugh...

well said r kid :laughing:

Richierush
09-05-2007, 10:14 PM
What a Champions league final is no better way to do it than compared to the 3/4 round of the FA cup, i right who you trying to kid!! :;

its doesnt matter what competition,tranmere were 2 divisions below southamton its was a real giant killing coming back from 3 to a team on the same par as you an not even winnin the match in full time an xtra time,tranmere did it in the 90 mins :cheese: :laughing: :briggin:

Traxx
09-05-2007, 10:15 PM
Who gives a flying fuk about united fans or what they think? tit.

Richierush
09-05-2007, 10:28 PM
:laughing: see your happy as ever m8 :laughing:

Esox Lucius
09-05-2007, 11:47 PM
probably on the blob.

Numeric
10-05-2007, 12:07 AM
Traxx is hatin the fact that United have won the title and his precious Liverpool are gonna end the season empty handed...

Traxx
10-05-2007, 07:02 AM
Again, we'll see.

nick_anarchy
10-05-2007, 08:35 AM
champions champions

Insomnia
10-05-2007, 09:26 AM
its doesnt matter what competition,tranmere were 2 divisions below southamton its was a real giant killing coming back from 3 to a team on the same par as you an not even winnin the match in full time an xtra time,tranmere did it in the 90 mins :cheese: :laughing: :briggin:

Okay Richie i'll let you have your moment dude!! :; :laughing:

french_og
10-05-2007, 11:48 AM
I reckon Liverpool will beat Milan in the Final, I think apart from Kaka Milan do not have enough to hurt Liverpools solid defence/ midfield. I think it will be close but think Liverpool will do it.

Liverpool are training in La Manga from Tuesday apparantly - i play Cricket there also so should get to watch it.

basslinejunkie
10-05-2007, 11:57 AM
mancs make me laugh.there so dumb,its actually quite cute. ferguson craves another european cup,that is common knowladge.i think if you asked him what would he prefer,a crack at the euro cup and being in the final,or a prem title,he'd go with the euro. no doubt about it. yet mancs cirp on about the title now as theyve won it.

want some seafood sauce with them prawns???

french_og
10-05-2007, 12:21 PM
Liverpool still have to win it yet.. you would have to say if Liverpool don't win it then its been a bad season for Rafaand Liverpool as it would of been another season of not challenging for the league and winning nothing.

Souness who won 5 leagues with Liverpool and 4 Euro Cups was saying on Sky last night that winning the league meant more to him than anything as that meant you were the best over the course of the season and had to play well in every game instead of a handfull of games.

LittleMinx
10-05-2007, 12:22 PM
I reckon Liverpool will beat Milan in the Final, I think apart from Kaka Milan do not have enough to hurt Liverpools solid defence/ midfield. I think it will be close but think Liverpool will do it.

Liverpool are training in La Manga from Tuesday apparantly - i play Cricket there also so should get to watch it.

I reckon Milan will rip um to pieces :;

Numeric
10-05-2007, 12:23 PM
Sir said in an interview just the other day that although it was the Champions League that he craved a few seasons back, since Chelsea began to dominate his priorities switched back to the Prem, thinkin that it's more important to win your domestic league, which i agree with...

Gerrard has said many times that it's the Premiership he wants to win, and if i had a dollar for everytime i've heard a kopite say 'the league's our bread n butter' i'd have quite a few dollars...

one of you kopites on here made the analogy that the league is the bread n butter and the Champions League is the jam, well what good's the jam without the bread n butter, yeah it may taste good but it's not going to satisfy your hunger for long is it? give me bread n butter over jam anyday of the week...

10-05-2007, 12:28 PM
Typical United Fan...

Choosing to forget that years from 1969 to 1993 didnt exist, when you didnt win **** all...

Numeric
10-05-2007, 12:31 PM
typical kopite, choosing to pretend that the league doesn't matter because Liverpool haven't come anywhere near close to winning it for 17 years...

Insomnia
10-05-2007, 12:32 PM
I reckon Milan will rip um to pieces :;

What like they ripped you lot!!! :laughing:

10-05-2007, 12:36 PM
Typical United Fans trying to make everyone believe that even though there the most hated club in country and possibly in the world...

THERE NOT ARSED...

:)

Numeric
10-05-2007, 12:41 PM

Numeric
10-05-2007, 12:42 PM
What like they ripped you lot!!! :laughing:

would have been a different story if Nev was playin...

:;

kai
10-05-2007, 02:02 PM
Liverpool still have to win it yet.. you would have to say if Liverpool don't win it then its been a bad season for Rafaand Liverpool as it would of been another season of not challenging for the league and winning nothing.

Souness who won 5 leagues with Liverpool and 4 Euro Cups was saying on Sky last night that winning the league meant more to him than anything as that meant you were the best over the course of the season and had to play well in every game instead of a handfull of games.

EXACTLY!!!

10-05-2007, 02:37 PM
I dont remember man utd playing well in every game?

So thats a crock of shite to start with.

kai
10-05-2007, 04:51 PM
Knit picking!

Point is that it takes playing well consistently on a week in week out basis to win a league, not just raising your game for the odd match like it does to win a cup tournament. Yeah, obviously every team has its bad days in a league campiagn but the point remains the same.

Why do you think that in competitions like the FA Cup the top teams dont always make it the furthest - its the nature of cup football that the best team on the day goes through - that doesn't necessarily mean that the best team goes through.

Insomnia
10-05-2007, 05:18 PM
Why do you think that in competitions like the FA Cup the top teams dont always make it the furthest - its the nature of cup football that the best team on the day goes through - that doesn't necessarily mean that the best team goes through.

That's what i love about the FA cup, it's a one off and small clubs know that they can make big bucks and perform much better on the day.....

There have been some giant killings in the past......

Richierush
10-05-2007, 06:22 PM
I LOVE BANTER :cheese: :laughing:

Will
11-05-2007, 01:24 PM
Knit picking!

Point is that it takes playing well consistently on a week in week out basis to win a league, not just raising your game for the odd match like it does to win a cup tournament. Yeah, obviously every team has its bad days in a league campiagn but the point remains the same.

The CL is different to the Prem, but certainly no less worthy, it's about being able to perform on the big occasion rather than being consistent against the lesser teams, like the World Cup. I mean against the top teams Man U scraped 2 undeserved wins against Liverpool and lost or drew the other games.

And you play home and away in the CL, apart from in the final so it's fair, it's usually the likes of Real Madrid, AC Milan or Liverpool who win it, so it obviously does a pretty good job of sorting the wheat from the chaff.

kai
11-05-2007, 02:36 PM
True enough mate - it is usually won by one of the top teams as it takes putting together an impressive string of results but still, I think a teams league position is a much better guide to their performances over an entire season and therefore how good they are on a consistent basis.

Your right it is like the World Cup in the respect that its about performing on the big occasion - and how often is the World Cup (or European Championships for that matter) not won by the best team in the tournament - Greece as best team in Europe anyone?

Numeric
11-05-2007, 02:49 PM
United dominated Liverpool at Old Trafford in actual fact...

basslinejunkie
11-05-2007, 03:19 PM
o god it continues. i give up.

Numeric
11-05-2007, 03:48 PM
finaly...

:)

FILTERZ
11-05-2007, 04:55 PM
west ham are gonna stuff you northern monkeys tommorow

Numeric
11-05-2007, 06:15 PM