PDA

View Full Version : Turntable Trouble

K Front
12-11-2003, 02:29 PM
Ocassionally, one of my decks cuts out on one side, so theres only sound coming out of one side. If i turn it off an on again its fine.

Any ideas?

WEZ
12-11-2003, 02:35 PM
Hammer !

EmotionComplex
12-11-2003, 03:05 PM
thats quite strange, a turntable will send audio to the mixer if its pluged in or not so it points towards something being loose or worn out within the turntable.

(that is if i have understood what u mean)

have u tried the turntable on another mixer channel, did the sound come back on when u turned the deck on then off or the mixer on then off, its important to make sure which unit is causing the problem.

check the phono cables from the turntable that is causing problems, if there not removable (i.e technics etc) make sure that it hasnt been yanked loose inside, if it keeps happening send them off to the manurfacturer or contact the place of purchase.

just to be safe swap the headshells on the decks too incase it lies in a faulty headshell

WEZ
12-11-2003, 03:09 PM
dodgy cable , signal interferance from speaker or amp , solder gone inside !

K Front
12-11-2003, 04:39 PM
Cheers emo, no its when i turn the deck on an off, and the cables do disconnect.

Ive been mixing all afternoon and it hasnt done it again. But hopefully its the cable. If it starts again i will swap the cable an see if theres a difference. ;)

EmotionComplex
12-11-2003, 04:41 PM
Cheers emo, no its when i turn the deck on an off, and the cables do disconnect.

Ive been mixing all afternoon and it hasnt done it again. But hopefully its the cable. If it starts again i will swap the cable an see if theres a difference. ;)

good man :cool:

probobly something small that is easily sorted :)

K Front
12-11-2003, 06:08 PM

good man :cool:

probobly something small that is easily sorted :)

Hopfully mate, i love my decks to bits.

WillGraney
21-11-2003, 08:51 AM
I was just about to start a topic on a very similar subject. I know what the problem with one of my decks is though, I think.

Because they're now about 5 or so years old, the RCA connectors have gone a bit baggy & aren't making proper contact with the mixer's inputs.

Anyone had to replace these before or got a rough idea of how much it'll be?

WEZ
21-11-2003, 08:52 AM
bout £4 an 5 mins soldering :lol:

278d7e64a374de26f==