PDA

View Full Version : Good News Tresor Is BACK!!!

Split-Personality
11-05-2007, 09:25 AM
The opening night of the new Tresor in a disused power plant has been planned for the end of May (little bit close to Sonar for my liking but still) and just as I thought this club is gonna absoulutely kick ass!

Check it out:-

http://www.tresorberlin.com/news/news.pl

CONSTRUCTION PHOTOS of the new Tresor Club! Regular image and diary updates on the work inside the former power plant. Only 14 days left until the grand opening! True Spirit gathers strength…

The construction work in the cathedral surroundings of the former power plant in the Köpernickerstrasse continues at a feverish pace. The allotted spaces for the new Tresor Club are revealing incredible possibilities on a daily basis, with every hammer swing, with every brick laid, with every cable crossing… The Tresor Floor takes a deeper, more powerful and auspicious breath as the structure takes shape, and the walls are already sighing for the Tresor beat to slam into the foundation…

The enormous Batterieraum continues to be a mind-boggling experience in re-structuring and a more than worthy parent to the revered Globus of the legendary old club. Massive yet homey: this is going to rock the socks off Tresor fans who are coming from around the world to join in the opening festivities.

Not to forget the “+4 Bar” which will serve as a large lounge to slide into during the night, listen to up and coming Tresor DJ’s and enjoy a view into the colossal belly of the power plant and its seven levels of astounding proportions.

Check out the construction photos! More photos and reports added regularly so keep checking our construction diary here!

Your Tresor.Team

After a compulsory two-year break, we're really happy to announce the opening of the new Tresor Club.

With its industrial character and massive space, the former power station on Köpenickerstrasse 59-73 - part of the Vattenfall compound - offers us an ideal environment for the implementation of our ideas and the creation of new perspectives.

Thanks to the tireless efforts and support from our partners Carlsberg, Campari and Redbull, the club will be structured with three floors: the "Batterieraum" as the legitimate successor to the legendary Globus; the "+4 Bar" with its magical view into the old power station ruins; and of course the Tresor basement floor which can be reached through a 30-meter long tunnel. Check out the construction report photos here!

On May 24th, 2007 we will start with a very special guest: Sven Väth celebrates a well-awaited comeback in Berlin after a three-year absence!

Thereafter Tresor will be open every Wednesday, Friday and Saturday, and also for special events.

Tresor.Back in May

Sounds like a truely amazing venue!!!

Frank Dogshit
11-05-2007, 12:39 PM
gonna go over i reckon....

advent & pacou looks a winner! Joey B and Neil Landstrumm in July...

jacques
11-05-2007, 12:52 PM
I'm in Berlin that weekend - definitely going to drop in

FILTERZ
11-05-2007, 01:43 PM
Excellent news

looks fantastic

Split-Personality
11-05-2007, 02:52 PM
I have been looking forward to this place to open for ages..............

http://img504.imageshack.us/img504/5666/newhomeoftresor1wx4.jpg

http://img513.imageshack.us/img513/3869/neuertresorur0.jpg

Jay Pace
11-05-2007, 03:26 PM
I've got loads of mates who have moved to Berlin recently.

Something of an artistic resurgence going on there apparently. Any deutsche about who can comment?

I reckon this looks like a belting weekend away, venue looks the nuts

Numeric
11-05-2007, 03:45 PM
that venue is insane...

Split-Personality
11-05-2007, 04:40 PM
Funny you should say that Pace, I know a load of people getting over there this summer too!!!

Even funnier is they're going out there for their productions and yet its my mates hiding away not playing out producing the much better quality tunes!!!

Strange how this shit breaks down!!!

fils_here
11-05-2007, 04:42 PM
sick venue that, me wants to go!!!!

MITA
11-05-2007, 05:58 PM
great im not in this shitty europe out of europe country

eyeswithoutaface
12-05-2007, 12:22 AM
see im confused by this, because that impressive pic has been posted before on numerous site's and alot of people have said this section of the building wont feature in the club whatsoever and that it's simply a section of the building???? and from the construction photo's i cant see much resembalance to that impressive, almost post-apocalyptic building above?

would genuinely be impressive being in those surroundings with a bit of the Advent swinging through the speakers.

great to see Tresor back, legendary.

re the berlin thing, it's been like that for a few years now Jay. It's almost the London of electronic music, in the sense that everyone kind of think's you need to go there to be in the cool crowd and to be getting ahead with things. From what people tell me who live there now it's just full of the same kind of people doing the same thing now, but i'd still like to go and see for myself, sounds like a beautiful city

dirty_bass
12-05-2007, 12:28 AM
Yeah, Berlin has become saturated now.
It`s kinda dying a little bit.
I was thinking of moving there myself, but after doing a bit of research and chatting to loads of peeps, I`ve changed my mind somewhat.

Still, I`d like to go to the new tresor.

loopdon
12-05-2007, 02:09 AM
I like Berlin. But i don't have my head so deep in the music biz (if at all) so just for making music I wouldn't go there. I am pretty sure there's loads going on production-wise, it's a vivid scene there. It's pretty central, too, i think that's one reason for some to move there. I think Amsterdam is the new hype city now.

Split-Personality
12-05-2007, 02:40 AM
from the construction photo's i cant see much resembalance to that impressive, almost post-apocalyptic building above?

Exactly what I thought earlier when I came across the web-site, but im sure the whole mission from arriving and seeing the funnels towering on the horizon to gaining entrance will be an experience!!!

A bit like pulling into Birmingham on the train being able to see the Que club spire........

Nah I have faith in the place like someone said I will need to see it for myself.

t-dj
18-05-2007, 05:33 PM
The club has basically just been constructed the last weeks from some open dungeon rooms within the big hall. It took ages to get all permits and planning lined up. Some current images are on www.tresorberlin.de

http://img294.imageshack.us/img294/9501/1inv1uw6.jpg

audioinjection
18-05-2007, 06:22 PM
damn that looks nuts, i hope i can go to tresor one day

loopdon
18-05-2007, 08:00 PM
Looking super-sweet!

Technobitch
21-05-2007, 01:14 PM
thinkning of berlin for my hols this summer, would be rund not to pop in me thinks :cheese:

Louk
22-05-2007, 11:45 AM
awesome! would love to go! do like some of the darker stuff on this label!

Split-Personality
23-05-2007, 03:42 PM
Im gonna let the mad opening rush die down, let the place get into its stride then plan a late Summer/early Winter trip out there after my brain and bank account has recovered from Sonar.

gunjack
25-05-2007, 01:45 PM
WHO went to the grand re-opening last night???????

Split-Personality
25-05-2007, 10:52 PM
Was it last night, **** that snuck up quickly!!!

Reports needed......................

jacques
29-05-2007, 11:15 AM
Didn't make the opening but went on the Friday. What an amazing place - absolutely stunning building. They've kept it nice and simple - very industrial and rough round the edges... I'll try and upload a couple of pics later.

jacques
29-05-2007, 11:31 AM
Pics...

Si the Sigh
29-05-2007, 11:38 AM
Looks proper weird!

Where's the sound system, people, DJ's to in those pics? In the rooms?

Jay Pace
29-05-2007, 11:39 AM
That looks mental.

jacques
29-05-2007, 12:13 PM
Looks proper weird!

Where's the sound system, people, DJ's to in those pics? In the rooms?

That's just an original part of the power station left open, the rest of the club is within smaller rooms (which you can't see in those pics)... there's a balcony from one of them which overlooks that space.

There are two main rooms - the batterieraum which has quite a clean clubby feel to it, then the second (just called Tresor I think) which is down in the basement and got a real dirty industrial feel to it (pic attached although you can't really see much of the room).

I took a few more pics but was using the camera on my phone so a lot of them didn't come out very well...

Split-Personality
30-05-2007, 06:16 PM
Well B***** me they did keep the "old power station" feel to the place. Cheers for the photos even if they are just a Phone. Was there a Bar then with a big window looking out over the old parts of the station???

jacques
01-06-2007, 08:33 PM
Yeah the bar has a balcony at one end overlooking the full height of the power station's main hall. You can't see it from anywhere else in the club...

It's an amazing place - well worth a trip over there.

Split-Personality
01-06-2007, 09:34 PM
Im so there, after ive pulled myself together after Sonar.............

278d7e64a374de26f==