PDA

View Full Version : Lost

dirty_bass
11-05-2007, 11:21 AM
Can anyone guess the lineup for the next lost?
With such imaginative promotions as this, the future of techno is surely secured.

rhythmtech
11-05-2007, 11:27 AM
jeff mills?

Frank Dogshit
11-05-2007, 12:38 PM
dont even need to guess that one.....

i went to see him the last time he played there...didnt really enjoy his set until the last hour when he started playing early 90s house stuff.

rhythmtech
11-05-2007, 12:42 PM
is it mills?

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

man.. they really need to sort their shizzle out.. thats just embarressing

Split-Personality
11-05-2007, 03:00 PM
Only been there once, after Retro-Verts Boat Party last August Bank Holiday.

Was not that impressed, and as for the mix of seriously dark lighting with a big strobe combined with a seriously HEAVY weekend I didnt find living my life every other second particulary comfortable...................

Was HORRENDOUS!!!!

Lost interest in that one, not wishing to sound like a hater from 4four!!!

Jay Pace
11-05-2007, 03:24 PM
I think they are going through the motions.

this text from their website says it all:

Francois first played at LOST in 2002 when we paired him with Derrick May, after which they went on to work together as the Cosmic Twins. They stormed the decks at the legendary LOST Lighthouse venue, (the only lighthouse/warehouse in London, which was home to LOST events for a number of years back in the day before the developers moved in, setting the precedent for warehouse parties to follow, this extreme location has not been surpassed r.i.p.)

Shadow of what it was. Such a shame.

I don't go out much these days. Although I went to a "run sounds" night not too long back which was really good fun.

Sounds awful but the only night I give two f*cks about these days is my own.

eyeswithoutaface
11-05-2007, 07:11 PM
it's actually annoying to see the stagnation of such a great night. It's beyond a joke now really the whole mill's at Lost thing

The Overfiend
11-05-2007, 10:32 PM
I don't understand why people hate on Mills so much.
Honestly.
Haterade.

The Overfiend
11-05-2007, 10:33 PM
That last comment is not directly aimed at anyone either, so please no backlash.

Stella Boy
11-05-2007, 10:54 PM
don't think it is a mills hating thread mate, more about the lack of originality of Lost's line ups. Lost did and still has imo, the potential to put on some top nights but for the serious techno heads its just same old same old.

I'm not complaining tho, i'd love to have a club local that had Mills on every 2 or 3 months where he got to play what the hell he wanted rather than playing what he's known for

eyeswithoutaface
11-05-2007, 11:49 PM
yeah it's nothing against mills whatsover Tony mate, it's more a regional and exasperational thing because Lost have fallen into this bizarre almost ritual of having Mill's on at practically everynight they do. To the point where they have alienated alot of their fanbase. Over here, Lost has the honour of being in that bracket of legendary club nights, night's that have truely, truely inspired the techno community over the years, but inevtiably, like alot of the big nights over here, it all seem's to have fallen slightly on the side of nepotism

Mill's is ****ing unreal still, but Lost's lineups however, are not

dirty_bass
11-05-2007, 11:58 PM
Hate on mills?
When he`s good, he`s the best.
Other times, weeelllll..... not so good.
Being a big name doesn`t make you excempt from critisism.

Lost can be great, but it`s totally sells itself on mills.
Which is kinda tedious considering the amount of great other peeps in techno.
What makes it more annoying is they have been known to book some cool acts.
The Mavericks
Paul Mac
lots of others.

But they are treated as warm up, and the crowd generally plods about in the bar or whatever, untill mills comes on then the whole gaff fills up before he`s even stuck on a record.
When at times the "warmups" have blown him so far out of the water he`s in the desert making sand castles.

People are odd.

Stella Boy
12-05-2007, 12:12 AM
how 65d can be described as warm up material is beyond me. I don't care if Mills is playing after or not :whoops:

Tiptoe
12-05-2007, 10:03 AM
remember when we warmed em up at darkside that night at stinkies. they were belting that night weren't they!

eyeswithoutaface
12-05-2007, 11:03 AM
steve didnt mean he views them as warmup, but it's fair to say that such amazing artists do get overshadowed when the majority of the crowd literaly are just waiting for the big guy to come on

loopdon
12-05-2007, 11:51 AM
Well, i'd like to see Mills live. I have seen lots of sets recorded elsewhere which surely isn't the same as being in the place. He's never played in my town as far as i know.

He's done his fair share for techno (and his wallet). Best set i heard of him was:

Jeff Mills aka The Wizard - WJLB Detroit 2-28-01

blew me away. His techno sets/mixing - not so.

With lots of the big names i was rather disapointed when finally seeing them live, Sven Väth for example, DJ Rush *live*, Westbam etc. etc.

Techno can be very pop music, too.

ds2
12-05-2007, 12:55 PM
Hate on mills?
When he`s good, he`s the best.

i knew you were talking bollox :briggin: :laughing:

dirty_bass
12-05-2007, 02:14 PM
i knew you were talking bollox :briggin: :laughing:

Seriously
Best DJ set I have ever heard bar none, was NYE 2001 at Lost, @ the mermaid theatre in London.
60K turbosound helped
Mills lived up to his reputation that day. Endless rising mix of peak upon peak for 4 hours, perfect tune choice, mixing was stunning, crowd just lost the plot he was so good. Made his own breakdowns, didn`t over rinse the 909, kept everyone right on the edge for ages and then tipped em over at just the right time.

I was completely straight, so no drugs involved.
It was stunning, then like someone chasing that first ever high, I returned to see him numerous times only to be dissapointed in the extreme.

Jay Pace
14-05-2007, 01:46 PM
Mills is the man, and this isn't a dig at Mills

Its just a shame about Lost, because it used to blaze a trail, now its just a bit predictable and stale

jon connor
14-05-2007, 04:08 PM
That last comment is not directly aimed at anyone either, so please no backlash.

twat bastrd mutha truckin bastardo hahahahahahahahahahaha!

aye! lost is a cool and awsome night and so is mills ok so he is an absolute fecking animal on the decks throwing mixes round like a lunatic but he is a legend gotta love him and aslo respect to steve bicknell for keeping this night going for so long fairdooze man, he is also a quality artist .

had the pleasure of watching 1 of my old boy heroes there once mr Robert hood live wot a set i danced my ass off hehehe!

anyway cant slate anything about this night or anyone who runs it but for sure the promoting seems a bit on the lost side but hey its diffrent ? or is it ? thats lost for ya living up to there name as usual.

jon connor
14-05-2007, 04:12 PM
Seriously
Best DJ set I have ever heard bar none, was NYE 2001 at Lost, @ the mermaid theatre in London.
60K turbosound helped
Mills lived up to his reputation that day. Endless rising mix of peak upon peak for 4 hours, perfect tune choice, mixing was stunning, crowd just lost the plot he was so good. Made his own breakdowns, didn`t over rinse the 909, kept everyone right on the edge for ages and then tipped em over at just the right time.

It was stunning, then like someone chasing that first ever high, I returned to see him numerous times only to be dissapointed in the extreme.

you were straight and went to here mills on a 60k turbo sound system steve im going to slap you with a wet kipper you deserve it you flaming loon.... i would at least of had a can of red bull

The Overfiend
14-05-2007, 06:56 PM
Yo Jon, what's up with Supertech?

jon connor
15-05-2007, 02:58 PM
Yo Jon, what's up with Supertech?

fuk knows yet dude had a bit of a dilemma talk u on msn but mabey i will release a few on digital ive loads of stuff needs sorting dude, my collage degree is taking up all my time. but summers comming phewww! thank god. easy now!

Martin Dust
15-05-2007, 09:32 PM
I wish I could moan about Mills playing here every month ;)

gunjack
25-05-2007, 10:53 PM
watch this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=STpOak4iAJY

dan the acid man
26-05-2007, 12:18 AM

awesome stuff:cool:

Jay Pace
26-05-2007, 01:41 AM
Thats ace

He had patti labelle (i think) on dvd before he played it at last sonar. it was memorable. And utterly brilliant.

On form, no one can touch him.

Little_Fella!
26-05-2007, 06:33 AM
I can only go by my experience a couple years back when Lost was @The Rocket on Holloway Rd. in London...

The organisational skills on the front line left alot to be desired- it was pretty cold outside, as I remember, and people were left waiting in the wrong queue's and all the bouncers had taken a 'I'm a complete arsehole' tablet or two...:pissed:

Inside I expected to hear nice smooth crisp basslines licking out from a nice posh rig, but whoever was playin when we entered was just rammin' the rig, so I might as well have been listening to some worn out squat party bins...:rupuke:

One red light in the main room... crackin' visuals that is to enhance the mood of a blindin' tune... boring:upset:

The second room was just thrown together as an after thought with a music policy that had absolutely no direction whatsoever...

AND to top it all the bar closed at 2am!!! which is absolutely ridiculous for a gig that finishes at 5-5.30am... couldn't anyone afford a bit more for a later license.. well tight:rumad:

Lost can get Lost as far as I'm concerned...

Little_Fella!
26-05-2007, 06:38 AM
Putting on a club night is about attention to detail, thinkin of the punter and what may make that persons night a special one to remember... and more importantly one they would like to come back to, with thier friends...

Those who put Lost on do not care about this because of thier size... they dont need to pay attention any more..

Give me Split any time- I might have paid £14 sovs @ The Key but the music was spot on and they gave me a good quality T-shirt as well...:)

Attention to detail...

Aratron
26-05-2007, 06:40 AM

incredible

MARK ANXIOUS
26-05-2007, 08:29 AM

deaf, where the hell have you been? hahah :cool:

MARK ANXIOUS
26-05-2007, 08:36 AM

jesus h. that's brilliant!

:laughing::cheese:

Split-Personality
26-05-2007, 10:38 AM
Give me Split any time- I might have paid £14 sovs @ The Key but the music was spot on and they gave me a good quality T-shirt as well...:)

Attention to detail...

Yeah got me one of them after I represented my home made Split T-Shirt at one of the Retro-Vert Boat Parties......

Shame Split has moved from Key to the old "SubClub" now Hubclub but it has been done up so we will see!

gunjack
26-05-2007, 06:47 PM
i am always around mark... more like where U been bro? i got 6 new singles out and you aint review a one of em haha

SlavikSvensk
26-05-2007, 07:53 PM
Thats ace

He had patti labelle (i think) on dvd before he played it at last sonar. it was memorable. And utterly brilliant.

On form, no one can touch him.

agreed.

oddly, though, i think the orchestral version would have been even better without the 909

Little_Fella!
29-05-2007, 02:12 PM
Yeah got me one of them after I represented my home made Split T-Shirt at one of the Retro-Vert Boat Parties......

Shame Split has moved from Key to the old "SubClub" now Hubclub but it has been done up so we will see!

Took about two days for it to sink in that your name is quite similar to the name of the event... heh heh

Went at it a bit too hard last weekend methinks!:briggin:

Is Split gonna be on at all in the near future?

TechMouse
29-05-2007, 02:31 PM
Premium poncery.

Can't help but think it sounds a bit shite.

Split-Personality
30-05-2007, 06:29 PM
Took about two days for it to sink in that your name is quite similar to the name of the event... heh heh

Went at it a bit too hard last weekend methinks!:briggin:

Is Split gonna be on at all in the near future?

Yeah mate my mate made him and me a Split T-Shirt each way back when it started and asked me what I wanted on the back...........................

The name stuck when I started using forums.

Yes Boss the next date is set 22/o5/o7 at the new venue:-

http://www.splitmusic.net/

http://www.splitmusic.net/mailoutassets/eventassets/2007_06_22_FlyerBothv2.0PortraitFinalWeb.gif

raza
05-07-2007, 08:44 PM
Seriously
60K turbosound helped

hi this is a slightly retarded question but does anyone know who was playing before jeff mills set that night.. the jazzy orchestra with great hats..anyone? anyone?

i think that was my favourite new years so far. why dont people use that venue more.. the steps worked really well for me.. it was nice to be able to see everyone.

Toad(1)
11-07-2007, 02:07 AM
I agree with the stagnation, but i saw mills probably about december last year at lost and i'd never heard anything like what he played that night before... maybe if they talk about the future of techno, they might be barking up the right tree, but immho

there must be succesors to these top guys, mustn't there?

Ritzi Lee
11-07-2007, 07:06 AM
lost present m-nus showcase

saturday 21st july 2007
11pm - 7am
red
minus.
richie hawtin
magda
troy pierce
mark houle (live)
heartthrob (live)
gaiser (live)

purple.
spacebase.
steve bicknell + guests

more info soon ................

BUY TICKETS ONLINE NOW - www.lost.co.uk
TICKET RESERVATIONS - lost@lost.co.uk
FURTHER INFO/TICKET OUTLETS: 020 7791 0402 - info@lost.co.uk

Split-Personality
11-07-2007, 08:48 AM
Have they said where it is yet, couldnt see on the Lost website.........

Split-Personality
13-07-2007, 04:14 PM
Yeah its in SE1

http://www.seonelondon.com/listings.aspx

278d7e64a374de26f==