PDA

View Full Version : acid weekender

parsley909
13-05-2007, 02:27 AM
how would people feel about such a thing if somebody was able to pull it off in the countryside with a big fat rig and other atractions?

you know stuff like a 30k rig loads of lighting cinema and alt rig playing all types of syzzle and land owners permission

what if all the areas were under cover so the weather couldnt spoil it?

what if it was a great location and camping was on site

how would you feal about such a thing

is it possible to pull it off in this day and age?

please post your thoughts

cough

fils_here
13-05-2007, 03:43 PM
i think that would be a great idea mate yeh! sounds good, what are you thinking... 1, 2 or 3 day event or just a 1 off? i'm sure with the connections you've got you'd be able to pull this off no problem dude, especially with the land owners permission, only thing though is you might have to get an entertainments licence & another licence for selling alcohol (if you were going to).

xes
13-05-2007, 09:17 PM
sounds like a corking plan. Make it close to me though (f*ck everyone else) cos nothing like that ever kicks off round here anymore now that exodus stopped.

paulcortex
14-05-2007, 11:47 AM
yeah sounds really good....if only ..............?
perhaps if i wish and wish and wish...it might all just come true!! ;)

Osirus
14-05-2007, 12:58 PM
I think this would be really good idea, but I'm not sure how easy it would be to do. AFAIK its very hard to get an entertainmant licence for an event like this. I know of another sound sytem that did a similar thing a year or two ago (tents, soundsystems, projector screne cinema etc) with land owners permission but without the correct licences and although the police didn't shut it down they did come down quite hard on the land owner after the event in terms of quite a hefty fine.

Definatly something worth looking into and certainly something i would be interested in if you can find a way to do it.

dan the acid man
14-05-2007, 06:45 PM
I think a few people on here are missing the subtle hints:laughing:

tOM B
14-05-2007, 06:46 PM
I think this would be really good idea, but I'm not sure how easy it would be to do. AFAIK its very hard to get an entertainmant licence for an event like this. I know of another sound sytem that did a similar thing a year or two ago (tents, soundsystems, projector screne cinema etc) with land owners permission but without the correct licences and although the police didn't shut it down they did come down quite hard on the land owner after the event in terms of quite a hefty fine.

Definatly something worth looking into and certainly something i would be interested in if you can find a way to do it.

This is something i've been putting some thought into recently but not for whole weekends - just for one (all) night events

I think the new liscensing laws make it a hell of a lot easier to get a temporary entertainment and alcohol lisence for events like this and can be applied to pretty much any site. However if you go down this route it means you have to comply to health and safety rules etc. meaning you have to have security, adequate toilets, parking, maybe sound level monitoring etc and you have to do it all by the book (i'm not saying this is neccessarily a bad thing - but can work out pretty expensive), even if you've covered all those bases there's nothing to stop the police raiding it if they don't like the look of it - some folks i know put a small event on in a mansion house and the police turned up an hour before they kicked off and demanded 20 tickets for their undercover officers which needless to say put a bit of a dampner on the vibe.

Having said that i do think it would be possible to pull off such an event completley legally as long as you were very well organised, had some financial backing and if people were prepared to put their hands in their pockets in order to cover the costs (which i think most people would be)

Alternatively for smaller and/or more subtle events i'm sure a loophole could be found to get you out of needing a lisence. Maybe requiring people to sign up for membership of a club entitling them to recieve an invite to a private party on a site with the landowners consent - i don't know but i'm sure there must be a way ... or there is always the more traditional methods :;

I think if you could pull it off it's a wicked idea and i definately think it's worth a shot - good luck,

tOM B
14-05-2007, 06:47 PM
I think a few people on here are missing the subtle hints:laughing:

yeh but interesting topic anyway....

paulcortex
15-05-2007, 10:25 AM
subtle hint?????

erm.........mmmmmmmmmmm........???

cough ;)

kev
15-05-2007, 11:37 AM
go for it !!!

ollie303
15-05-2007, 09:44 PM
rave at your house parsley :D

parsley909
15-05-2007, 11:17 PM
This is something i've been putting some thought into recently but not for whole weekends - just for one (all) night events

I think the new liscensing laws make it a hell of a lot easier to get a temporary entertainment and alcohol lisence for events like this and can be applied to pretty much any site. However if you go down this route it means you have to comply to health and safety rules etc. meaning you have to have security, adequate toilets, parking, maybe sound level monitoring etc and you have to do it all by the book (i'm not saying this is neccessarily a bad thing - but can work out pretty expensive), even if you've covered all those bases there's nothing to stop the police raiding it if they don't like the look of it - some folks i know put a small event on in a mansion house and the police turned up an hour before they kicked off and demanded 20 tickets for their undercover officers which needless to say put a bit of a dampner on the vibe.

Having said that i do think it would be possible to pull off such an event completley legally as long as you were very well organised, had some financial backing and if people were prepared to put their hands in their pockets in order to cover the costs (which i think most people would be)

Alternatively for smaller and/or more subtle events i'm sure a loophole could be found to get you out of needing a lisence. Maybe requiring people to sign up for membership of a club entitling them to recieve an invite to a private party on a site with the landowners consent - i don't know but i'm sure there must be a way ... or there is always the more traditional methods :;

I think if you could pull it off it's a wicked idea and i definately think it's worth a shot - good luck,

yeah i think that could be the way forward!

getting people to sign memebership for a club for a private party what a great idea!

cough

tOM B
16-05-2007, 06:40 PM
getting people to sign memebership for a club for a private party what a great idea!

yeh i think some folks might have done it before :laughing: :;

xes
16-05-2007, 10:19 PM
*dips feathered quill in anticipation*

278d7e64a374de26f==