PDA

View Full Version : TCWorks SideChainer

go|plastic
12-11-2003, 11:51 PM
Hey guys!

Could somebody tell me how the SideChainer from the TC Native Bundle works? I’m guessing it’s used along with the Compressor DeEsser or the Limiter (since they’re the only dynamic effects in the bundle), but I can't get them to work together.

Anyway, thankz!

L8R

DJZeMig_L
13-11-2003, 03:37 AM
Not tryed it meself but normally u'd need 2 make a duplicate of the track u want 2 use as key... on that track on the insert efxs open the TC Key insert plug in... not go to the track u want 2 have compressed, choose the TC compressor with SC... on that plug in there should b some sort of switch 2 choose/ activate the key Insert (=SideChain) 4 it!!

let us know if this helped m8,

Z

go|plastic
13-11-2003, 12:03 PM
Yeah I tried all of that already and still - nothing... the thing is that the “key input” button on the “Compressor DeEsser” unit is grayed out (as in “unpressable”... you know what I mean?) even when I put the sidechainer on the fx insert of a random channel... it looks like the compressor just doesn’t recognize the sidechainer for some reason! Maybe I have a faulty cracked version... could that be it?

Here’s a picture to illustrate this:
http://www.sscgbbfia.org.yu/temp/sidechain_1.jpg
Weird, ain’t it?

Well, see ya later...

DJZeMig_L
13-11-2003, 01:16 PM
Very true.. try some sort of preset that might have something with sidechain 2 C what happens...!? ... On the Insert pluggo are u choose channel 1 or 2?

Eventually it should just b a case o clicking ch 1 or 2 (depending on what u r using) on the comp-desser!? :( but U r not the first 2 tell me this... :(

Z

go|plastic
13-11-2003, 11:56 PM
I tried absolutely everything and it doesn't work... the sidechainer insert plugg won't let me change the 1/2 channel thing - I clicked it about a million times :doh: and none of the presets enables the key input...

This looks like one of 'em unsolved mysteries...

Anyway thanks for trying to help Z... please let me know if something comes up...

See ya!

Cheers

Dargonic
12-01-2004, 12:10 AM
Works fine now with the 3.1 version!!!!!!

DJZeMig_L
12-01-2004, 01:14 AM
I'll give it a try, my bad I was thinking of TC electronics ... I got the TC works now.. I'll give it a go.. soon!! :)

Thanks for setting the record straight D,

Z

go|plastic
12-01-2004, 03:26 PM
Thanks for the tip man! :clap:

278d7e64a374de26f==