PDA

View Full Version : julian liberators 4 x 4 label.....

conor256
17-05-2007, 08:18 PM
brilliant label ........

i was going through some not so often used records today and came accross 4 x 4 x 13 - haitian analogue e.p by julian and henry - forgot what a brilliant e.p this was - will be at the front of the box again

i think it has to be said that 4 x 4 has put out some quality tunage over the years and hasn't stayed with any one sound - the only formula being hard, deep, funky and clanking - which imo is more than one cld expect normally from an e.p - i look fwd to the next release each time and im rarely dissappointed .....

;)

Aratron
17-05-2007, 08:22 PM
brilliant label ........

i was going through some not so often used records today and came accross 4 x 4 x 13 - haitian analogue e.p by julian and henry - forgot what a brilliant e.p this was - will be at the front of the box again

i think it has to be said that 4 x 4 has put out some quality tunage over the years and hasn't stayed with any one sound - the only formula being hard, deep, funky and clanking - which imo is more than one cld expect normally from an e.p - i look fwd to the next release each time and im rarely dissappointed .....

;)

i've helped a friend of mine to nearly complete the whole catalogue. they always sound punchy played out imo

they dropped the deep funky subtitles - not sure if it was a good idea or not.

dan the acid man
17-05-2007, 08:23 PM
yeah great label, had some corking releases

Si the Sigh
18-05-2007, 07:34 AM
An often overlooked label IMO. Dug out the first 3 releases the other day to play out. Great stuff! Went a bit too distorted during the later releases, but the last 5 or so have been superb and back on track.

MITA
30-05-2007, 03:22 PM
brilliant label ........

;)

! Word !

never left out of my sight that record :)
i love it

4x4 25 too

all in all a great and consistent label from Julian!

ThankS

NIKCAM
04-06-2007, 03:38 PM
Great label - always offered something different than the norm. 4x4x9, 11, 13, 18 are all time favourites.

The Overfiend
23-06-2007, 07:37 AM
That Jamie Ball one was sickening.

pat_mcgerkin
23-06-2007, 09:20 AM
Are you talking about the Rock n Roll time bomb ep? If so, that was one of the few 4x4 records I really gt into, although I often found the tracks a bit of a prick to mix into.

FILTERZ
28-06-2007, 04:40 PM
agreed , wicked label

christian wagner
28-06-2007, 08:05 PM
That Jamie Ball one was sickening.

Sickening as in good or bad???

I thought it was wicked, i cained the first track on the A-side, and the Second track on the B-side :) great Stuff!

rhythmtech
28-06-2007, 08:08 PM
Sickening as in good or bad???

I thought it was wicked, i cained the first track on the A-side, and the Second track on the B-side :) great Stuff!

knowing wetworks its a comliment of very high order :cool:

tOM B
29-06-2007, 06:09 PM
yeh the rock n roll timebomb ep is my favourite - it consistantly stays in my bag. Although the last ten have generally been really good. i love the paul langley one .
they always sound better on a rig than at home imo - am always amazed by how kick ass number 1 is on a soundsystem

278d7e64a374de26f==