PDA

View Full Version : RAW 10 Remixes

Spooney
13-11-2003, 01:27 PM
Quite different from the original.....Rowland The Bastard remix is fat :clap: What does everyone else think?

Si the Sigh
13-11-2003, 01:28 PM
Quite different from the original.....Rowland The Bastard remix is fat :clap: What does everyone else think?

I think the original should have been left well alone! :nono:

Spooney
13-11-2003, 01:30 PM
True its one of the best releases on the label imo.....but i do like the bastards remix

Si the Sigh
13-11-2003, 01:34 PM
RAW's gone a bit downhill IMO. It's all sounding the same, and a tad boring. The first 10 releases were the best IMO. It's just the same old same old at the mo. Mr McAffer wants to try and do something a bit different. Rowland the Bastards remix wasn't too good either on RAW Remix. Mind you, it was better than that 1st release on Analogue Mud. Hope Rowland sorts it out, as he has produced some good stuff!

Spooney
13-11-2003, 01:50 PM
Agreed that he's starting to rinse the formula, most of his tunes have the same sound to them and im not to keen on the vocals he's been using either. Ive just got 19 which is the first release ive bought since 13. Still an xcellent producer though, the b side to raw 20 is quality.

WillGraney
13-11-2003, 01:50 PM
Not heard them yet. No. 10 is one of my RAW favourites though. Played it last Sunday in fact. Hope they've done a better job than they did on 9.

You not a fan of 17 Si?

Si the Sigh
13-11-2003, 01:52 PM
TBH mate, not really. I like Guy's stuff I really do, I think the Highwire stuff is wicked at the moment, but RAW's just not as doing it. 20 wasn't too bad, but I wasn't going crazy for it...

Spooney
13-11-2003, 01:52 PM
I have a feeling that there will be a remix of 13 aswell

Si the Sigh
13-11-2003, 01:55 PM
Why's that? Know something we don't? SPILL THE BEANS BOYO! ;)

Spooney
13-11-2003, 02:07 PM
I heard Guy play it a few months back.....maybe it wasn't the finished product but i wouldn't be surprised to see it make an appereance on RAW Remixes boy bach

dcdn
13-11-2003, 03:33 PM
yeah i like 20 also very much, especially the track with the dark iron tube samples (as i describe them), NICE

spiralx
13-11-2003, 04:03 PM
RAW's gone a bit downhill IMO. It's all sounding the same, and a tad boring. The first 10 releases were the best IMO. It's just the same old same old at the mo. Mr McAffer wants to try and do something a bit different. Rowland the Bastards remix wasn't too good either on RAW Remix. Mind you, it was better than that 1st release on Analogue Mud. Hope Rowland sorts it out, as he has produced some good stuff!
I agree with this... haven't bought the last few remixes as there's been nothing that stands out like the older stuff. The general sound of each track is a bit to samey...

anx
13-11-2003, 04:10 PM

i agree with you 110%

stopped buying raw after 9 (which im sick of to death)...13 was alright but it still sounds the same as all of them

dan the acid man
13-11-2003, 04:28 PM
i have to agree with most of you aswell, i love guy, i think he,s a fantastic producer and i own most of the raw releases but he does seem to be stuck in a rut at the moment, the b side on 20 shows he can still make different tunes, but he should be making more of these type of tunes, 07 the a side is my favourite raw release.

Si the Sigh
13-11-2003, 06:08 PM
I'm glad that im not the only person who feels RAW has lost it's quality at the moment. I'm really hope Guy does inject something new into this label, as I think it needs it. Just needs to gain a new fresh sound in my opinion.

meri
13-11-2003, 06:20 PM
Quite different from the original.....Rowland The Bastard remix is fat What does everyone else think?

Yessir, this is his best work for a while...

jonnyspeed
13-11-2003, 07:30 PM
Roland is the only artist in the truelove/SUF crew that I don't rate. That CD "What to do in devon..." was total fackin' rubbish apart from 1 or 2 tracks that were average at best. Talentless shi.te

Si the Sigh
13-11-2003, 07:48 PM
Roland is the only artist in the truelove/SUF crew that I don't rate. That CD "What to do in devon..." was total fackin' rubbish apart from 1 or 2 tracks that were average at best. Talentless shi.te

That LP on Smitten your on about was a bit piss poor wasn't it! :neutral:

saki nzyme
13-11-2003, 08:02 PM
yeah i have to agree with you all guys tunes recently are just sounding the same.....raw 7 and 9 were just fukin amazing!

since them i havn't been right impressed at all.

sort it out guy!

ROD
13-11-2003, 09:12 PM
i really like the rowland's mix.
awesome.....a lot of time i dont see good things of him.
cheers RODOLFO

anx
13-11-2003, 10:01 PM
that hip hop sample is just so terrible tho

raw 7 is the best imo
i like 3 as well

Louk
14-11-2003, 10:19 AM
oh my God this is one of my favourite techno tunes ever i cant wait to hear the remixes.

most of all we need is funk...

Louk

Paul Zykotik
14-11-2003, 03:18 PM
Jonnyspeed - I'd hardly say the man's untalented on the strength of one release. Granted that LP wasn't great but it wasn't THAT bad.

I've always rated tunes like 14 Trips To Kansas and Audio Orgy, and the Infected releases he did were very good as well.

As far as RAW goes, it's been that long since I've had any money I didn't even realise it had got as far as 20! The last one I bought was 14, but as people have said he's really got stuck in a rut.

For the record my favourite was the a-side of 8. Top tune!

spiralx
14-11-2003, 05:27 PM
Roland is the only artist in the truelove/SUF crew that I don't rate.
Definitely don't like anything he's released... very plodding and staid. I've got a couple of good sets of his though... although nothing extraordinary.

Paul Nisbet
14-11-2003, 09:23 PM
I liked 17, 19 and 20 in the recent batch, i kinda turned off after about 13 tho, there was nothing to tell the tunes apart!!!

Louk
15-11-2003, 08:01 PM
Spooney cheers for the tip mate i spent today in Leeds jumping around listening to this in the record shop before going **** yes and buying it - guy mcaffers rework is amazing stuff and even rolands mix is nice thanks once again bey happy dyas.

Louk

jonnyspeed
15-11-2003, 11:45 PM
Sorry i didn't mean he is talentless just really didn't like that LP. I have heard some good stuff I'm sure but nothing comes to mind. Guess what I should have said is that it is not my taste.

duncandisorderly
16-11-2003, 01:49 PM
RAW's gone a bit downhill IMO. It's all sounding the same, and a tad boring.....

raw 20 is starting to break the mould a little. guy and rachel rackitt.

DJMAYA
16-11-2003, 07:25 PM
I have to agree also here with some of dis.

the RAW10 remixes don't do it for me.
the RAW9 ones definitely did!!!

and RAW20 rocks....both sides.

as for HIGHWIRE, well im in love!!! :lol:

MrAcid
19-11-2003, 09:06 PM
well.....Guy is one of my favorite producers....
i really like his label...but...i agree with you Anx,he needs to try something new...why he dont try new productions with KN,Dave,Ant, etc
he just use always the same formula, i´m a littlebit tired of this label...
i like raw´s 7,9,13,15,17,18 i like a lot of raws...but guy needs to try
something new...i dont buy Raw´s anymore

cheers :rambo:

Si the Sigh
20-11-2003, 08:11 AM
RAW's gone a bit downhill IMO. It's all sounding the same, and a tad boring.....

raw 20 is starting to break the mould a little. guy and rachel rackitt.

yea, i have checked number 20 out & its deffo a break from the norm. lets hope it stays that way... :cool:

and DJ Maya, i agree with you 100% about Highwire! im loving those releases, even though there are many people who DONT rate them. each to their own & all that init... ;)

Louk
20-11-2003, 03:11 PM
si what you think of orig of raw 10 and remixes of it too

i love both

Louk

Si the Sigh
20-11-2003, 03:16 PM
The original RAW 10 is wicked! Like I said after 11 they started to sound a bit too samey for my liking. The remixes are alright. Nothing special. The flip side of RAW 10 (the original is a class tune as well). To be honest, both RAW Remix 1 & 2 are a tad poo...

matt303
20-11-2003, 09:14 PM
The b side of raw20 is one of the finest records i've heard in a while, sums up totally what i love about guy's sound. My personal favourites are 1,5b and 7, but all least one side of all the releases do it for me.

278d7e64a374de26f==