PDA

View Full Version : REQ: Grapic designer for label releases

RDR
19-05-2007, 06:11 PM
Hi Folks

After a brief foray with photoshop i have decided that im rubbish. (DirtyB also pointed this out too.. so THANKS 'mate' :laughing: )

So im looking for designers to put forward designs for record covers.

Im open to any sorts of designs.

main precepts

1400x1400
nowt with gorillas or any other primate. oh and no snails.

Sadly we wont be able to pay for this as things are run on a shoe string budget.

The labels logo will be placed by me on the finished item although i can give designers the logo if they want to incorporate them into a design.

Thanks a lot!

PS if you want to contact me can you please use

chris@r3tox(dot)co.uk

Cheers!

Aratron
19-05-2007, 06:23 PM
Hi Folks

After a brief foray with photoshop i have decided that im rubbish. (DirtyB also pointed this out too.. so THANKS 'mate' :laughing: )

your okay dude

stick at it.

xes
19-05-2007, 07:17 PM
hhmm,if I can get the scanner working at work (don't have one here) I'll try to email you some of my pics that I drew when I was on drugs many years ago. If you like them,cool,if you don't,then scrap'em. Will see what I can do on monday. (if you do use any,a free record wouldn't go a miss :cheese: )

and also what Aratron said,stick with it. You can only get better the more you try.

dan the acid man
19-05-2007, 07:21 PM
would this be for digital releases, vinyl or both, just asking so we know what shape to design for?

xes
19-05-2007, 07:25 PM
can't go wrong with a square.

xes
19-05-2007, 07:26 PM
unless you make it oblong.....

RDR
19-05-2007, 08:03 PM
unless you make it oblong.....

A fair observation. :laughing:

its for digital releases.

RDR
19-05-2007, 08:26 PM
Here are a few examples of what ive been doing... opinions anyone, also it might give a good idea.

http://img256.imageshack.us/img256/6225/pedroartyc0.jpg
http://img413.imageshack.us/img413/940/wetworks4uj3.jpg
http://img265.imageshack.us/img265/1337/fuuredisciple2yn7.jpg

dan the acid man
19-05-2007, 08:46 PM
erm, best let somebody else have a go mate:laughing:

RDR
19-05-2007, 09:15 PM
This seems to be the consensus of opinion

ah bollocks!

I spent ages on them as well... :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Back to the drawing board innit...

SEE! i need help!

dan the acid man
19-05-2007, 09:17 PM
i'll have a play about, im sure lots more people will too.

MARK ANXIOUS
20-05-2007, 08:00 AM
i've learnt alot over the years about colour and shit through doing this website but everything takes me 10 years to get right and even then, i'm never happy with it. i think unless you're a trained graphic designer or have a natural talent for this shit, you're best using someone else. those designs you've done are good, but need stripping down colour-wise if you ask me. it's like making a tune i think, you gotta strip and strip, subtract subtrack, until it's really punching through. but then wtf do i know.

sure you're on a budget but sometimes you just gotta take the risk and pay. at the end of the day, the better the covers look, the more they will sell. if they look cheap, more often than not that means the music is shite (although hey, that theory has been proved wrong on numerous occasions over the years hehehe). it's worth it that you present yourself in a really nice way. you want to give your music the best chance don't ya?

i use the paranoid guys for all my artwork and it's the best decision i ever made. they're actualy really reasonably priced. ask them to make a logo and they'll give ya like a choice of 10 and ya pick the best. it's worth the initial spend mate, save up and trust me.... just check their portfolio on their website, the label will look wicked..

http://www.paranoiduk.com/ - tell them i sent ya (and anyone else reading this for that matter ;) )

good luck man.

RDR
20-05-2007, 08:47 AM
post removed...

reason: this is dodgyedgy's personal opinion...

MARK ANXIOUS
20-05-2007, 09:01 AM
ok wicked np's man. only trying to help!!! heheh.. :cheese:

perhaps look for someone else? any ideas anyone????

RDR
20-05-2007, 02:10 PM
ok wicked np's man. only trying to help!!! heheh.. :cheese:

perhaps look for someone else? any ideas anyone????

;)

o.k. mark! thanks man!

stjohn
20-05-2007, 02:26 PM
if you want to DIY it.. u could find some stuff on the web that you like, and work towards that! then maybe get someone to touch it up if needs be!

i can have a mess with some stuff if u want too... send me a message on msn

Honeey
20-05-2007, 09:56 PM
Just a suggestion how about you hold some kind of contest or something for the music junkie designers lol

Maybe somthing like whoever makes the chosen design would get to have a track released by you....a thought :) I wish you luck! I know it's hard when there's not a lot of cash flow and things need to be done proper like! Maybe someone starting out that needs experience and portfolio material would love to get their chance at a cool project like this...students yes good idea!

I know for myself having been doing graphic design on a professional level for 10+ years and to be honest it's work lol which is fine :) fun for me is music now so anything I do in the design area for free I hope would help my music in some way...this is my own personal opinion and maybe some others in my situation would be different.

Cheers!

dirty_bass
21-05-2007, 07:51 AM
(DirtyB also pointed this out too.. so THANKS 'mate' :laughing: )

Oi you cheeky fecker, I`m not a demon. I want your new venture to do well, and you need the whole package to be pro.
Did I not give you some good suggestions as places to look for designers?

The Overfiend
21-05-2007, 03:07 PM
Try Filip Xavi of the Concrete Djz, phenomenal work.
Also browse deviant art, alot of those guys are willing to work as long as credited for their designs.

Ritzi Lee
21-05-2007, 03:38 PM
Damn those graphics hurt my eyes! :lol:

But seriously, you can't expect to have something for free if you want it to have at least some quality.

teknotika
21-05-2007, 04:30 PM
dodgyedgy U have a mail :)

RDR
21-05-2007, 08:31 PM
Oi you cheeky fecker, I`m not a demon. I want your new venture to do well, and you need the whole package to be pro.
Did I not give you some good suggestions as places to look for designers?

im winding you up you twit!

RDR
21-05-2007, 08:32 PM
Damn those graphics hurt my eyes! :lol:

But seriously, you can't expect to have something for free if you want it to have at least some quality.

Yes and no to that.

your right and also wrong.

im hoping your wrong of course. :laughing:

The Overfiend
21-05-2007, 11:36 PM
If those were labels for vinyl they would be pretty signature stuff in my opinion.

BRADLEE
21-05-2007, 11:50 PM
I can do a little bit...I guess it's just a matter of if people are into my style of digital artwork. You can see examples with a lot of my tracks posted.

judas_beast
22-05-2007, 01:07 AM
I do a spot of Photoshop stuff, the best way is to keep it minimal and find yer own style. If you like it, and its for your lable, then thats what counts.

dirty_bass
22-05-2007, 03:26 AM
im winding you up you twit!

Sorry, post weekend brain skrunch

RDR
22-05-2007, 07:33 AM
Sorry, post weekend brain skrunch

:laughing: :cheese: :briggin:

Aratron
22-05-2007, 08:09 AM
why dont you do it dodgy and stop being a coward

RDR
22-05-2007, 09:58 AM
why dont you do it dodgy and stop being a coward

Thats a nice idea but i dont really have the time or the skill (as already proved - despite antonio's positive comments ;)

Im also after a kind of vibe that i dont really know how to create. some of dans designs i really liked but im waiting to see what the others can come up with.

@Honee - sorry i havnt sent you the bits yet, my bad - will do so ASAP.

Honeey
23-05-2007, 04:01 PM
@Honee - sorry i havnt sent you the bits yet, my bad - will do so ASAP.

cool no worries lol

278d7e64a374de26f==