PDA

View Full Version : Help... what's that track called "RIFFIN" on?

jonnyspeed
13-11-2003, 07:28 PM
Wanna copy of the hard techno track with scratching and the "we're riffin" sample on it.

Anybody got the artist, label, title, number?

schlongfingers
13-11-2003, 07:46 PM
Wanna copy of the hard techno track with scratching and the "we're riffin" sample on it.

Anybody got the artist, label, title, number?

I think you're on about:

http://www.discogs.com/release/47098

You'll be bloody lucky to find it, had my eye out for a couple of years and I know a few other people who have been looking even longer with no success :-/

jonnyspeed
13-11-2003, 08:27 PM
jiz mate. actually so close I'll give you it :)

it was release 2. nice.

http://www.discogs.com/release/27107

schlongfingers
13-11-2003, 08:38 PM
jiz mate. actually so close I'll give you it :)

it was release 2. nice.

http://www.discogs.com/release/27107

hMMM, Now I've got this one, but no decks where I am, but i THINK the riffin remix is a remix of riffin on the 001 release - I don't remember the vocal on Don't 002, but then I always play the other side so could be wrong :-D

Anyway, if you can get either of them do, because they both rock - Trakheadz will almost certainly have the 2nd one in - 020 7485 1845

Glad i was some help, even if it was in the most convoluted manner :crackup:

jonnyspeed
13-11-2003, 10:40 PM
Thanks. Never knew that site was for Access All Areas in Kentish Town. Man love that shop. They've got a big back catalogue and alot of techno/acid. I got Audio 31 from there a few weeks ago. That has the same bloke, Jerome, doing a scratch remix with Pounding Grooves on the B side which is really phat. That has three really good loop tracks + dirt and Filter mixes on the A side. 6 parts in total-really flexible and gives the mix a bit of humour. I'll give them a ring. cheers.

Angrymann
14-11-2003, 10:54 AM
Is the 001 release the one that has what sounds like someone mc'ing over the top of a Ben Sims like tribal beat.

Small Paul
14-11-2003, 11:12 AM
Its Dont 01 by Jerome Hill and Rob Stow (I think) as Groove Asylum, but I think you might find getting hold of a copy a bit difficult. I was given (wel, blagged) a copy of my mate but he said something about the masters being lost so they couldn't press any more copies. Not 100% about that but you might want to pop into Trackhedz and ask Jerome, I'm sure he'll be able to help.

Angrymann
14-11-2003, 11:16 AM
Thanks man. I'll be in London in December so i'll pop into the shop then.

I was trying to track it a while ago after Jerome played it up here but I couldn't find it.

Small Paul
14-11-2003, 01:00 PM
:) No worries, its a cracking tune though innit?

Angrymann
14-11-2003, 01:08 PM
Aye it certainly is , although at the time I just thought it was an accapella over the top of a loopy tribal track.

I reckon it could be another one of those one's I'll never get along with DJ Shufflemaster - Subvoice XXltd ( the one with the Goodmen _ Giving it up drum loop) Quality track

jonnyspeed
15-11-2003, 04:11 PM
No you are right it is DONT01 rather than DONT02. found loads of copies of 02 so my last hope is that Jerome can get me one next week when he gets back from Bazil. fingers crossed cos I love it

278d7e64a374de26f==