PDA

View Full Version : New Joris Voorn album...

MARK ANXIOUS
20-05-2007, 09:14 AM
God I'm speechless, you all need to get this. Here's the link... http://www.jorisvoorn.com/

eyeswithoutaface
20-05-2007, 12:51 PM
yeah quality stuff, as always going to get this for sure

ds2
20-05-2007, 03:17 PM
you can pre order the limited triple vinyl version here:
http://www.ds2shop.co.uk/joris-voorn-from-deep-place-limited-edition-green-p-1679.html

only a handful left though - shipping end of next week.

http://img515.imageshack.us/img515/7586/000002mv4.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

basslinejunkie
20-05-2007, 05:00 PM
found an excellent set of his the other day,ive had it on constantly.il post it up in the files section

Darkmode
20-05-2007, 05:30 PM
God I'm speechless, you all need to get this. Here's the link... http://www.jorisvoorn.com/

Joris Voorn is one of my fave Techno producers as he makes good quality Detroit sounding Techno. His last album was amazing as I'll look forward to hearing this one when it comes out.

The Overfiend
20-05-2007, 07:01 PM
Joris has a unique talent to make stuff that lingers in your mind. Look forward to this one.

tekara
21-05-2007, 05:02 AM
just when i thought Future Mix couldn't be topped, i was dead wrong.

t-dj
21-05-2007, 05:42 PM
bit trancey at some points
I got the CD, still prefer the future mix 3x 12" for DJing

davedogg
28-05-2007, 05:49 AM
MPX 309 is one of my favorite tracks, I started many of my sets with it this past summer, it's somewhat minimalistic, but it's got so much groove, the dance floor went nuts!

loopdon
28-05-2007, 06:51 AM
Superb music! Loving it...

This mpx track reminded me very very much of Chris Liebing's 'American Madness'. Anybody else noticed this?

MARK ANXIOUS
28-05-2007, 09:18 AM
bit trancey at some points
I got the CD, still prefer the future mix 3x 12" for DJing

you know, i can totally see why you would say this is trancey at points. i think it's his use of melody. it's just so damn in ya face that you might make this comparison. but if you really, really, think about it, trance is a very different story to joris voorn melodies. some of those melodies on that cd are ingenious. i'm not saying trance is not, but trance is much, much more formulated. and no way as dark. the melodies draw so heavily on early detroit stuff, and really complex and unpredictable chord patterns... that trance never really did.

actually, don't take this the wrong way, but i think this is such a great comment cause it makes you think about the way music has evolved - to the point that now someone is saying detroit sounding techno is trancey. phew. let the comments ensue heh..

:)

Sunil
28-05-2007, 09:13 PM
you know, i can totally see why you would say this is trancey at points. i think it's his use of melody. it's just so damn in ya face that you might make this comparison. but if you really, really, think about it, trance is a very different story to joris voorn melodies. some of those melodies on that cd are ingenious. i'm not saying trance is not, but trance is much, much more formulated. and no way as dark. the melodies draw so heavily on early detroit stuff, and really complex and unpredictable chord patterns... that trance never really did.

actually, don't take this the wrong way, but i think this is such a great comment cause it makes you think about the way music has evolved - to the point that now someone is saying detroit sounding techno is trancey. phew. let the comments ensue heh..

:)

I can't understand how you could consider the melodies on this to be ingenious? Are we listening to the same album?! Sure, there are lots of melodies in it, but nothing very unexpected or remarkable to my ears anyway.

I found it extremely bland and predictable throughout. Found the filtering on a lot of synths to be a little cheesy too, although that's just personal preference -just didn't seem like much seperating it from filtered disco/funky house.

Whatever you're all into I guess, personally I'm really not feeling this!!
And I don't consider it trancey either.

ps - I'm not having a go at this album just for the sake of it, but I do think there should be a little bit of balance. I'd really love to see you write a balanced review sometimes too Mark, you're around long enough at this stage, and for that reason I sometimes wonder how you get so blown away by some stuff.. this one included.

Sunil
28-05-2007, 09:16 PM
Btw - I've heard the CD version, not the vinyl version.

acos1
29-05-2007, 02:11 AM
Btw - I've heard the CD version, not the vinyl version.

u gettin this in spindizzy Sunil?. would love to get my hands on it. i love his sound personally. thought Future History was crackin too. I know this sound has been done to deadth and theres nothing innovative in it really but i really like it.

dirty_bass
29-05-2007, 04:42 AM
Very high grade, big studio production.
Very lush sounding, which makes this enticing, but ultimately I don`t think this album separates itself from the sunkissed deep melodic house of the last 5-7 years.
I didn`t find much pointing to detroit, and found the melodies fairly predictable, using fairly standard (admittedly sexy) scales.
Terry Lee Brown Jr has been doing this kinda stuff for years and years (and I would say, just a little less cheesily), As did the circulation boys. Whatever happened to Circulation?
There`s some great tech/deep/progressive house out there. And always has been, with, yes, melodies and chords.
Still a lovely album for a sunrise drive home post gig, or maybe for a morning shag on the beach.

Is this even a techno album?
It`s certainly a reasonably good deep (slightly cheesy) house album.
I might buy it for playing in the garden when drinking wine with the missus.

MARK ANXIOUS
29-05-2007, 05:14 AM
i actually see what all of you are saying here. i think it's perhaps total personal taste and when you listen to it. i first got into joris's music through his last album, and i found myself always putting it on whilst driving home after gigs - something quite melodic, easy to listen to after bang bang dark dark all night and puts a smile on your face when the sun comes up. this cd gives me that feeling again and htat's why i like it. sort of 'after club' techno and i find his sound very very unique. nothing else gives me that 'ok it's 6 hours home, it's 7am in the morning, but i really don't mind cause this cd is on'. sure the production is big, almost film-like i thought at points, so i suppose you could call that commercial in some respects, but i like what it does, the nod it gives to detroit and the value for money it gives.

i really think it's worthy of an album of the month i really do. i think that's the problem with reviews, they can be very personal. i write them as a pointer, i really hope ppl realise that. at the end of the day, i just enjoy writing words about music i love. hope y'all see that ;)

tonyc2002
29-05-2007, 10:01 AM
ive been checking out the previews on his site and it sounds pretty chilled. definately easy listening :cool:

might buy it in digital format

TechMouse
29-05-2007, 10:10 AM
...something quite melodic, easy to listen to after bang bang dark dark all night and puts a smile on your face when the sun comes up. this cd gives me that feeling again and htat's why i like it. sort of 'after club' techno...
I don't understand.

Surely after a night of fierce Techno, the best thing to listen to is even fiercer Techno?

Lather, rinse, repeat until sunday evening.

dirty_bass
29-05-2007, 11:50 AM
i actually see what all of you are saying here. i think it's perhaps total personal taste and when you listen to it. i first got into joris's music through his last album, and i found myself always putting it on whilst driving home after gigs - something quite melodic, easy to listen to after bang bang dark dark all night and puts a smile on your face when the sun comes up. this cd gives me that feeling again and htat's why i like it. sort of 'after club' techno and i find his sound very very unique. nothing else gives me that 'ok it's 6 hours home, it's 7am in the morning, but i really don't mind cause this cd is on'. sure the production is big, almost film-like i thought at points, so i suppose you could call that commercial in some respects, but i like what it does, the nod it gives to detroit and the value for money it gives.

i really think it's worthy of an album of the month i really do. i think that's the problem with reviews, they can be very personal. i write them as a pointer, i really hope ppl realise that. at the end of the day, i just enjoy writing words about music i love. hope y'all see that ;)

It is nice, especially the production values making it great for in-car, and home listening, and I do generally like this kind of gear for chilling out, or adding a bit of sexiness to an evening (I did just recently play a house live pa in Brighton), so I`m not really knocking this release at all.

But if you listen to 10 random deep and tech house albums, and then 10 techno albums.
I`ll swing this one waaaaaay over to the house side of things.
Nothing wrong with that at all, but this ain`t really techno.
Made by a techno producer, yes, but it`s house all the way.

Si the Sigh
29-05-2007, 12:34 PM
I'd agree with you on that. ^

Really nice LP, and deffo something I'd listen to to chill out to.

tekara
02-06-2007, 04:42 PM
does anyone know where i can buy this CD or download online? He says you can get it on iTunes on his webpage but i dont see it.

Anyhow, i agree that this album is probably not techno at all. Well, the only exception is the MPX_303 which has been played to death. I did notice Joris has been scaling VERY heavily towards the housier side of things.

Im not saying thats a bad thing, its just i don't really recall him making any techno since 'Incident'. Everything he has put out since that track has been very very very housey. In a way, im quite glad that he has progressed and is trying to push the envelope. But in a way, i also miss his top notched techno productions. To this day, i still think his LIVE PA set at Tresor is one of the best i have heard in a long time.

acos1
12-06-2007, 05:16 PM
does anyone know where i can buy this CD or download online? He says you can get it on iTunes on his webpage but i dont see it.

Anyhow, i agree that this album is probably not techno at all. Well, the only exception is the MPX_303 which has been played to death. I did notice Joris has been scaling VERY heavily towards the housier side of things.

Im not saying thats a bad thing, its just i don't really recall him making any techno since 'Incident'. Everything he has put out since that track has been very very very housey. In a way, im quite glad that he has progressed and is trying to push the envelope. But in a way, i also miss his top notched techno productions. To this day, i still think his LIVE PA set at Tresor is one of the best i have heard in a long time.

Hey man do u have any links to that tresor set?

Ritzi Lee
13-06-2007, 08:43 AM
I think this album is a reference to the music he plays now during DJ sets. I've heared Joris play a set during a Rekorder night in Rotterdam last weekend. And it was al the way house music like I used to hear back in the days of the Roxy scene in Amsterdam.

Some parts have a littlebit that high tech soul music feel from Detroit. But Joris is still (don't take this disrespectfull) a white guy. Can they truly funk the ass outof you? I can understand some reactions about 'it sounds in some way too trancey'. But in some way I would consider this normal. Cause you know where Joris is from... And it ain't from African Ancestors... I wouldn't want to say white men can't funk, but 9 of the 10 times this is true.

tekara
14-06-2007, 06:56 AM
Hey man do u have any links to that tresor set?

i dont have a link to it, but i have a copy of the mp3 lying around. PM me if you need me to send it to you :)

Its a great Live PA

BDC
20-06-2007, 01:18 AM
yeah...its sounds badas* for sure... Joris is the man!

jon connor
20-06-2007, 01:58 PM
It is nice, especially the production values making it great for in-car, and home listening, and I do generally like this kind of gear for chilling out, or adding a bit of sexiness to an evening (I did just recently play a house live pa in Brighton), so I`m not really knocking this release at all.

But if you listen to 10 random deep and tech house albums, and then 10 techno albums.
I`ll swing this one waaaaaay over to the house side of things.
Nothing wrong with that at all, but this ain`t really techno.
Made by a techno producer, yes, but it`s house all the way.

pure art that very good joris voorn releasing himself here its more than just electronik music is moody moving atmospheric it`s quality well produced music. well done mr voorn . ill have a copy of that most deffo......

icb
23-06-2007, 04:57 PM
Yeah, his live sets are dope.....pure class :)

Ms.Rhythm
25-06-2007, 02:11 PM
aww i'll have to get my hands on this... love joris has to be one of my fav producers at the mo...tidy:briggin:

...Dave...
25-06-2007, 02:13 PM
got this from beatport a while ago.. lush.

beautiful album:cheese:

Ms.Rhythm
25-06-2007, 02:22 PM
awww this is tidy just downloaded it the now :briggin:
you can listen to full tracks on his myspace tooo

278d7e64a374de26f==