PDA

View Full Version : spurs capture bale!!

lukekendall
29-05-2007, 09:54 AM
i really thought man unt would of got him!!!

great signing!! really good to see him in the prem!!

hopefully we can capture nani under unt's nose too!!!! ;)

Insomnia
29-05-2007, 09:59 AM
Yeah that is a good signing esp with the likes of Man U keeping track on him...

Great player it has to be said still young and plays for the National side already, plenty years to get out of him and a great addition to the side....

xes
29-05-2007, 11:52 AM
:cool:

Just hope we can hold on to some other key players and really build a strong squad.

Esox Lucius
29-05-2007, 12:35 PM
good player but 10 mil though!!

french_og
29-05-2007, 01:08 PM
That ok they will get 37 mil from Utd for Berbatov!!!

basslinejunkie
29-05-2007, 01:11 PM
37 mil?!?!?

is this bale any good,or is it just hype.ive not seen enough of him really

Insomnia
29-05-2007, 01:39 PM
I know that Bale has a mean free kick on him, scored some crackers! :cool:

xes
29-05-2007, 02:46 PM
That ok they will get 37 mil from Utd for Berbatov!!!

they can't ****ing have him :grr:

basslinejunkie
29-05-2007, 03:30 PM
37 mill is a ridiculous price.even the mancs arent dumb enough to pay that surely

Insomnia
29-05-2007, 04:26 PM
37 mill is a ridiculous price.even the mancs arent dumb enough to pay that surely

We'll soon see :laughing:

Serious though hope he dont!! :grr:

lukekendall
30-05-2007, 07:44 AM
We'll soon see :laughing:

Serious though hope he dont!! :grr:

he aint going no where!!!

apparently he is currently sortting out a new deal at the club

french_og
30-05-2007, 08:45 AM
Apparantly it was £37 Million plus Saha. Probably paper talk. Can't believe they would pay that much. Hope he stays at Spurs compete with this top 4.

lukekendall
30-05-2007, 09:56 AM
Apparantly it was £37 Million plus Saha. Probably paper talk. Can't believe they would pay that much. Hope he stays at Spurs compete with this top 4.

i hope so

berb said at the start of the season sir alex was interested in buying him the same time he moved to spurs but the deal never happened!!!

haha!!

unlucky!!

i so hope spurs break into the top 4 next season!!

basslinejunkie
30-05-2007, 10:10 AM
i hope so

berb said at the start of the season sir alex was interested in buying him the same time he moved to spurs but the deal never happened!!!

haha!!

unlucky!!

i so hope spurs break into the top 4 next season!!

unless arsenal go backwards and sell henry,youve not got a chance. im also a bit worried about newcastle,big sam with cash behind him is a scary thought,itl be you and them pushing for the top 4 next yr i think.

french_og
30-05-2007, 10:32 AM
Espeically if they can keep and get Owen back on form and form a good strike force with Martins.

Insomnia
30-05-2007, 12:00 PM
unless arsenal go backwards and sell henry,youve not got a chance. im also a bit worried about newcastle,big sam with cash behind him is a scary thought,itl be you and them pushing for the top 4 next yr i think.

We wont go backwards i'm sure of that, hopefully some silverware in the bag next season, proberly not the league but at least a Cup, that's what i expext after last season......:cheese:

Insomnia
30-05-2007, 12:01 PM
I agree about Newcastle about time they were more of a challenge, big club with a great support!!

Abit of a sleeping giant in the past!! :ohdear:

basslinejunkie
30-05-2007, 12:41 PM
theyre not a big club,what have they won?? ****all. they have a large stadium with a loyal crowd,thats all. every tom dick an harry gets labelled a big club nowadays i.e man city,newcastle etc wtf.............

Insomnia
30-05-2007, 12:52 PM
theyre not a big club,what have they won?? ****all. they have a large stadium with a loyal crowd,thats all. every tom dick an harry gets labelled a big club nowadays i.e man city,newcastle etc wtf.............

In terms of trophies they aint a big club i know that, but i'm meaning stadium size and a loyal fan base which packs the stadium every time they play and also follow them on away games, if i were a Newcastle fan i'd be wondering what the **** goes on inside the board etc...

To be honest they are a real dissapointment and have been over the years...

french_og
30-05-2007, 01:30 PM
In recent years the amount of injuries they pick up is unreal - must be the cold north east air.

lukekendall
30-05-2007, 02:35 PM

if i remember rightly we only finished 8 points behind arsenal and liverpool!! the season b4 only 2 points off arsenal

both of them 2 teams were 21 points behind man u and 15 behind chelsea!! thats a much bigger gap!!! so i would speak too soon mate!!! no one thought unt would win the title this year!! we had key players out most of the season, one of them being ledly king!!! if you look at out stats we were the only team apart for man u to score over 100 goals in all comps!! out defence was shocking tho!!!

with king back and bale on the left ( if they stay fit ) i can see us being in the top 4 quite easily!!!

really if we get good left winger we look very tasty on paper

robbo

chimbonda dawson king bale

lennon jenas zakora nani ( wishfull thinking)

keane berbatov

i dont get my hopes up tho, being a spurs fan !!! ;o)

Will
31-05-2007, 03:28 PM
Haha, yeah right, others teams had injuries you know, like Henry and van Persie missing over half the season, they had the best goals to games ratio in the league, so either one of them could have won the golden boot if they hadn't missed so much of the season, plus we had plenty of other injuries.

And it's not as though any of the top 4 will be standing still, they'll all be moving forward with signings of their own and will all want to be challenging for the title, not just scraping into the top 4! So there's no way you'll "easily" be getting into the top 4.

lukekendall
31-05-2007, 03:31 PM
Haha, yeah right, others teams had injuries you know, like Henry and van Persie missing over half the season, they had the best goals to games ratio in the league, so either one of them could have won the golden boot if they hadn't missed so much of the season, plus we had plenty of other injuries.

And it's not as though any of the top 4 will be standing still, they'll all be moving forward with signings of their own and will all want to be challenging for the title, not just scraping into the top 4! So there's no way you'll "easily" be getting into the top 4.

we have more of a chance of gettin in the top 4 than you ever winning the league again!!! least were moving forward hey!!!

Will
31-05-2007, 03:40 PM
Yeah, right! From 2 points behind last season, to 8 points behind this season when we had 4th wrapped up with games to spare, so didn't need to win our remaining games - you've really moved forward!

Insomnia
31-05-2007, 03:59 PM
8 points behind this season when we had 4th wrapped up with games to spare,

Exactly mate, we didn't even have to sweat! :laughing:

lukekendall
01-06-2007, 08:20 AM
Yeah, right! From 2 points behind last season, to 8 points behind this season when we had 4th wrapped up with games to spare, so didn't need to win our remaining games - you've really moved forward!

you seem to forget you were once the champions not that long ago and have got considerably worse season after season!! arsenal are in freefall with that usless arogent french tosser while spurs look to improve every season under Jol!!!

Insomnia
01-06-2007, 09:04 AM
you seem to forget you were once the champions not that long ago and have got considerably worse season after season!! arsenal are in freefall with that usless arogent french tosser while spurs look to improve every season under Jol!!!

We all have blips at somepoint, i'm not worried yet, good things to come you'll see...........:;

basslinejunkie
01-06-2007, 09:23 AM
if i remember rightly we only finished 8 points behind arsenal and liverpool!! the season b4 only 2 points off arsenal

both of them 2 teams were 21 points behind man u and 15 behind chelsea!! thats a much bigger gap!!! so i would speak too soon mate!!! no one thought unt would win the title this year!! we had key players out most of the season, one of them being ledly king!!! if you look at out stats we were the only team apart for man u to score over 100 goals in all comps!! out defence was shocking tho!!!

with king back and bale on the left ( if they stay fit ) i can see us being in the top 4 quite easily!!!

really if we get good left winger we look very tasty on paper

robbo

chimbonda dawson king bale

lennon jenas zakora nani ( wishfull thinking)

keane berbatov

i dont get my hopes up tho, being a spurs fan !!! ;o)

how many of them players would ge tin a top four team?? id say 3.the rest are avarage.

french_og
01-06-2007, 11:48 AM
Keane, Berbatov, King, Lennon would get in the Liverpool team.

lukekendall
01-06-2007, 11:50 AM
Keane, Berbatov, King, Lennon would get in the Liverpool team.

indeed id also say chimbonda and bale ( maybe have to see on bale first actually)

kai
01-06-2007, 01:28 PM
Don't know about Chimbonda, but Bale potentially would and the others for definate - also add Robinson to that list.

Spurs are definately building a strong team - can see them, Newcastle and Villa, and maybe Portsmouth, all pushing for top four this season - dont think any of them will be quite there yet though!

french_og
01-06-2007, 01:30 PM
Nah Reina is defo better than Robinson and Liverpool are solid with Finnan and Risse at left and right back.

Will
01-06-2007, 02:57 PM

Wenger useless? I think that says it all about what you've said - load of shite!

lukekendall
04-06-2007, 02:50 PM
Wenger useless? I think that says it all about what you've said - load of shite!

why whats he won in the last 2 seasons??

about as much as us!!

Will
04-06-2007, 03:14 PM
He must be useless then, like Fergie when he didn't win anything... At least we got to two finals and were 13 mins away from winning the CL with 10 men.

lukekendall
05-06-2007, 07:29 AM
He must be useless then, like Fergie when he didn't win anything... At least we got to two finals and were 13 mins away from winning the CL with 10 men.

still didnt win nothing tho

Insomnia
05-06-2007, 10:59 AM
still didnt win nothing tho

I think you should worry more about you're own clubs last trophey which i think was back in 91! :cheese:

judas_beast
05-06-2007, 12:19 PM
Spurs wont do **** all next year. They're the nearly men. Villa to take 5th, top four stay the same. Deffo.

Will
05-06-2007, 03:12 PM
Well said!

lukekendall
06-06-2007, 08:11 AM
I think you should worry more about you're own clubs last trophey which i think was back in 91! :cheese:

hey your forgeting the peace cup !!

na what i was trying to get at is we are improving and i do think we do have a chance of breaking in the top 4 this season ( i hope)

278d7e64a374de26f==