PDA

View Full Version : Mauro Picotto

lunatrick
08-01-2003, 02:57 PM
What does everyone think of this guy. Personally I have played a lot of his productions i.e. baguette, like this like that , awesome, verdi etc, yet i 've never heard any of the london guys playing his tunes, even though they rock, and have sick and twisted production, which sounds very similar imo to some of the stuff that comes out on hydraulix, max min, cluster etc. On the other hand i only ever seem to see him advertised playing at massive trance parties such as slinky so is the perception of him that he is a sell-out? He's from italy so i guess to him it probably doesn't make any difference wether he's considered 'underground' in uk or not, but if you look at his playlists he plays more percussive techno than you would expect, mixed in with his own productions. He also been responsible for some chart topping cheese such as 'the lizard' which I wouldn't touch with a barge pole. He seems to be a bit of a contradiction, but as long as his undeground productions continue in the same vein I'll keep buying them.... :wink:

miromiric.
08-01-2003, 04:44 PM
ermmmm.... i think you are on the wrong forum.
try with trance forum, ok?
:oops:

lunatrick
08-01-2003, 04:55 PM
errmmm i think i would classify the tunes of his that I've mentioned as techno rather than hard trance as it goes....... it is a fine line tho, but if you can't think of any thing contructive to say then don't say anything at all :wink:

TeKnOPoW
08-01-2003, 05:18 PM
I have his double album on BXR called 'awesome', and i have to say it`s... well, it`s awesome. =)
I heard the liberators playing this record. it`s quality stuff.

MARKEG
08-01-2003, 06:31 PM
Yes, the acid techno guys do play Picotto productions. I'm very surprise at how 'techno' some of his productions are sometimes actually. But there's always that crowd pleasing breakdown which tends to spoil it a bit for me. A little too predictable and 'samey' in places. Mind you there have been some gems on Nukleus that alot of the techno guys miss cause it's 'Nukleus'.

lunatrick
08-01-2003, 06:35 PM
yeah I know what you mean about his breakdowns, but his programming and sound selection are wicked...

I also slip some nucleaz( damn can never spell that label right!) into my sets and get away with it. especially some of the nick sentience stuff - but i think he has left them now?...not sure.

Esox Lucius
08-01-2003, 07:04 PM
personally i don`t like him, he`s a pretty good dj & and though i don`t like them his productions are usually very well produced, there not real techno imho.

just not my cup of tea really, although when i saw him dj he was pretty good, but played a lot of trance in his sets.

DJPAUZE
08-01-2003, 08:51 PM
Okay heres my scoop.
As a dj, hes OKAY, people dont really notice his mistakes. I've seen him play, he tends to play alot of trance but when i saw him he played hard german techno ONLY, was great music but i wasnt too into the mixing.
As for his productions, i have baguette, in my opinion its one of the tracks that made him what he is today. His new label SACRIFICE has been putting out some okay material. I like Picotto because his productions are different. The sound quality is always great and his arrangements are sometimes twisted. I do have a listen to all the stuff on his label, i dont buy all but the odd track i will go for.
Mauro Picotto is one of the biggest names in the world right now, but that can be affiliated with the fact that he makes and plays trance as well.
And yes i do like him, as a producer, and i will buy his music if he makes something hard and intelligent for my likings.

Pauze :twisted:

DJPAUZE
09-01-2003, 12:14 AM
Hey guys, was just surfing and found this article you might want to read on Picotto.
http://www.nocturnalmagazine.net/interviews/mauropicotto.shtml

see ya
Pauze :twisted:

Adverse
09-01-2003, 01:08 AM
i have a record on bxr simply put great. marco zaffarano replay take back or something.. pure peak hour killa both sides.

Esox Lucius
09-01-2003, 10:40 AM
yeah marco is a very good producer, a lot of his stuff is being played out by most acid dj`s.

278d7e64a374de26f==