PDA

View Full Version : Flashcore?

TechMouse
30-05-2007, 11:30 AM
Wasn't sure where to put this, so it's going in here....

http://www.spannered.org/music/1181/

Interesting.

DannyBlack
30-05-2007, 11:51 AM
It’s time to actually rethink music as something that clearly goes beyond the idea of harmony and rhythm.

so, just random non-sensical noise then?

force
30-05-2007, 01:20 PM
Not got time to read at the mo but i'm very curious now!

dirty_bass
30-05-2007, 06:21 PM
that`s an excellent article.
Lots of nice audio examples too.

Explorers into the further regions of fractal sound.

Great!!

Martin Dust
30-05-2007, 08:08 PM
That guy wrote to me to tell me I didn't know or understand what dark music was!!!! I told him to come down and listen to the TG/PTV practice tapes, made before he was little more warm liquid in his dads scrotum, and I beat him to death to the sound of his stupidity free into the bargain as well - he didn't reply.

dirty_bass
30-05-2007, 08:56 PM
Bizarrely, a lot of the new "Dark/Experimental" Heads poo poo TG saying it was never dark or whatever.
Probably without ever hearing it.
Orridge was delving into realms of taboo before TG even though, with Coum Transmissions. Now that was really sick, but more on a visual level.

anyway, I`ve recently got back into TG Stuff again. I`m starting to be re-impressed with just how advanced they were.

"Aaaaaaalllll day. Wot a day wot a day wot a day ALL day"
I`ve been singing that all day.
Sing along with TG?

And the rest of em SPK etc
Great stuff.

does anyone have the courage to go that far any more?

digitalboy
30-05-2007, 09:36 PM
it's certainly boundary pushing and quite intersting, but why does it need to be so fast?.

I don't mind hardcore but why not at 150-160 bpm. :)

Martin Dust
30-05-2007, 09:54 PM
It isn't about who's darkest for me, Gen had ideas and process behind his work, this guy has nothing but spin IMHO. The article is well written but how the hell do you measure or even show an interest in what the "atoms" are doing?

Martin Dust
30-05-2007, 10:03 PM
it's certainly boundary pushing and quite intersting,

I don't think it is, ask Stockhausen and Cage in the 60's what they where doing.

dirty_bass
30-05-2007, 10:19 PM
I think some of it is defintely interesting.
You can`t blatantly paint it all over with the same brush, there are merits in all kinds of music.

I`m not sure I dig it really. Some of the more spaceous soundscape stuff is ok for me, but the gurning glitch-fest just switches me off.
However, fair enough for them doing it, or at least trying to do something different, even if they fail, rather than just churning out cookie cutter electronics.

Little_Fella!
03-06-2007, 01:10 AM
Good article that...

Will have to go thro it properly at home...

Went to a club in Brixton two weeks ago n there was a room there that had speedcore n flashcore etc. (cant remember the chuffin name of the gig at the mo - doh!)...
no real dancin goin on but there were a good few people stood listenin - some swayin about a bit to it all - they were certainly into it..:;

Little_Fella!
03-06-2007, 01:15 AM
Oh.... and bloody gah.....

Missed it again for fecks sake!:doh:

http://www.throbbing-gristle.com/tg/tg.html

dirty_bass
03-06-2007, 03:34 AM
30 jib a pop though, I love Tg, but they can shove those prices up their poopers.

RDR
03-06-2007, 07:04 AM
Interesting sound.

Twaddle speak though.

dj_ld_50
03-06-2007, 11:00 PM

thats what it sounds like to me

but dont get me wrong i like abstract form of music but that just a tad to far imo....

RDR
04-06-2007, 09:05 PM
thats what it sounds like to me

but dont get me wrong i like abstract form of music but that just a tad to far imo....

Its art music really, conceptualising.

still twaddle talk though... been readin jeff mills sleeve note ithink :laughing:

Smear
04-07-2007, 05:39 AM
The whole idea seems to have gotten a better response on here than on another forum which actually had a lot of La Peste fans, haha. They all seemed to ignore the body of the article and got bogged down with him having the audacity to associate a word with his own music :p. Incidentally La Peste does a ****ing amazing live set, well worth checking out if he comes back here. The gig in Glasgow mentioned in the article was completely mindblowing stuff.

I wouldn't say TG was conspicuously dark though, it does sound dark but not in a contrived clichéd sense, it's more that they just followed their instincts and that just naturally leads them to make pretty sinsister music, since that's just how their minds naturally work.

Smear
04-07-2007, 05:50 AM
I don't think it is, ask Stockhausen and Cage in the 60's what they where doing.

Yes, BUT, they didn't have the technology that we have now, and the technology:ideas-to-exploit-said-technology ratio nowadays is pretty dismal. In fact the more it advances, the less creative a lot of musicians seem to become. Even the Beatles were more imaginative than most mainstream rock bands nowadays

xes
04-07-2007, 09:05 AM

*dear god,please don't techno into freeform jazz,thank you*

phantomdj
05-07-2007, 03:43 PM
You could see it coming... plenty of soundscape type tracks in the industrial hardcore scene from the likes of cyctochrome c, gwal, la peste, the michelson sisters in previous years... It's definately something everyone should experience at a live gig. I have not had this pleasure yet although I have seen it on youtube (yeah, lame i know), but i'll make the effort to see a La Peste performance next time he is in the UK.

I definately like this music. I still associate it with hardcore though- as a natural progression from gabber - hardcore techno - speedcore - industrial - experimental - flashcore

audioinjection
05-07-2007, 06:19 PM
hmmm, took a listen to some of the samples.......sorry i just dont get it

sounds like random noise with some glitches

robin m
05-07-2007, 07:54 PM
I don't get this either... fair play for trying to chuck the rule book out the window and do something different but the end product doesn't mean anything to me at all. Maybe my atoms just don't wobble right.

phantomdj
05-07-2007, 11:26 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6MMMhoMFs7I

check him out on youtube...

his performance is incredible... the whole set up looks the part...

that music is absolutely awesome... and it is danceable... i would dance at half the speed... i can easily move to it..

DannyBlack
23-07-2007, 05:11 PM
*dear god,please don't techno into freeform jazz,thank you*

free form jazz? Utter Bollocks.

278d7e64a374de26f==