PDA

View Full Version : Man Utd's Signings

french_og
31-05-2007, 01:43 PM
Fair play to Fergie bagging two quality attacking skillful players in Nani and Anderson and also the signing of Hargreaves on July 1st.

Three good signings that.

Insomnia
31-05-2007, 01:52 PM
Hargreaves will be something special no doubt.....

Man U dont mess around, they always get there players promt....

lukekendall
31-05-2007, 02:20 PM
Hargreaves will be something special no doubt.....

Man U dont mess around, they always get there players promt....

yeah right 3 quality players!!

all midfielders tho??! id of thought they would of more been after a striker!?!? wonder who they are going to get??

nani will obviously be the natural replacement for giggs over the yrs!! was gutted i dreamed of him comming to spurs !!!!

bit of a dreamer me........... haha!!!

french_og
31-05-2007, 03:02 PM
Think they needed a bit of quality depth in their squad. Getting a quality striker is always difficult as most are at big clubs already.

kai
31-05-2007, 03:04 PM
Delighted with the signings - though slight worry over Anderson is he's injury prone and we don't need another sick note in the squad...

No doubt the class of the two- unsure how it'll all gel together but see Nani as replacement for Giggs, and Anderson perhaps playing in front of Hargreaves and Carrick behind a lone front man (Rooney) once Scholes retires.

Think we still need a proven goal scorer in the team, though saying that Rooney is good for 20-25 goals a season so maybe not....

Still like one in the squad at least though just to give the option of playing with a penalty box player upfront when we're struggling for a goal - personally I'd like us to go for Huntelaar to complete the summer signings.

Nice to see the Glazers splashing the cash - really didn't think Utd would be making htese kinds of moves in the transfer market any more when they came.

Will
31-05-2007, 03:21 PM
How much did they actually spend?

Insomnia
31-05-2007, 03:23 PM
yeah right 3 quality players!!

I'm sure they will be.............

When i said promt meaning Man U dont by shite.....:;

kai
31-05-2007, 05:29 PM
How much did they actually spend?

Reports are 17 million on Hargreaves, then 7.5 milion each on the other two, which could rise up to 17.5 million each depending on trophies, appearances etc etc etc - sounds like the kind of deals you did for Reyes originally.

kai
31-05-2007, 06:34 PM
Delighted with the signings - though slight worry over Anderson is he's injury prone and we don't need another sick note in the squad...

No doubt the class of the two- unsure how it'll all gel together but see Nani as replacement for Giggs, and Anderson perhaps playing in front of Hargreaves and Carrick behind a lone front man (Rooney) once Scholes retires.

Think we still need a proven goal scorer in the team, though saying that Rooney is good for 20-25 goals a season so maybe not....

Still like one in the squad at least though just to give the option of playing with a penalty box player upfront when we're struggling for a goal - personally I'd like us to go for Huntelaar to complete the summer signings.

Nice to see the Glazers splashing the cash - really didn't think Utd would be making htese kinds of moves in the transfer market any more when they came.

Re-think on that - just been watching Anderson on YouTube - can see him ending up playing upfront with Rooney - lads got electric pace, skill, balance and looks to be able to finish - (though on a vid of his best bits he's bound to look like that I suppose) - can see SAF converting him from attacking midfielder to an out and out forward in the Henry mould from what just been watching...

Will
01-06-2007, 02:50 PM
Huntelaar's more like a Wenger signing anyway!

kai
01-06-2007, 03:59 PM
How so???

nick_anarchy
01-06-2007, 06:30 PM
3 quality signings !!! made up with nani , cant wait to watch him & ronaldo rip each wing up !!! him and Anderson have both stated they have joined the " best club in the world " and i think if they play to their best we can be once again .....50m spent on 3 players now and i can see a striker also being signed but who ?? i said in other posts we have a lot of money to spend and look !! and no one belived did they hey haha Chelsea were watching anderson for 2 years but we made the move quick , same with spurs and nani . He was about to join them but we snuck in and got the job done and he wanted to move to us more then spurs anyway

Only problem is how do they fit in ?

I can see anderson being cover for scholes for now but he will take over same with giggs, nani will play a bit part next season too ... Only problem is park tho i like the lad and is a good player i can see him just being cover for giggs & nani and also ronaldo if we get any bad injurys and i know we will play his heart out ....

I cant see a defender coming as now we have 2 or 3 kids coming up into the main squad and 2 on loan who will come back also with brown as cover along with o'sha we should be ok .... Its just a striker needed as saha is injured far to much !!

Frank Dogshit
02-06-2007, 01:33 AM
nice signings but theyll soon be moaning when they realise how tough the premier league is.

kick the little bastards off the park thats what i say.

Will
02-06-2007, 03:26 PM
Haha, that's a point! I would say I hope Hargreaves can oust Lumpard from the England team at least, but then Carrick hasn't managed it...

There's been talk of Man U signing Anelka...

Numeric
04-06-2007, 12:37 PM
well pleased with the signings thus far, just need Berbatov now and we're laughin...

i've never liked Anelka but he has skill and an awesome finish, can't deny that, just his attitude over the years has been s**t...

Will
04-06-2007, 03:12 PM
Very true, but it seems like he's slowly growing up... If Berbatov will cost anywhere near £37m then i'd have Man U wouldn't have the money...

Numeric
05-06-2007, 01:29 PM
indeed, but i heard that United were gonna offer Smith and Saha plus dollar for him, which would bring the price down considerably...

United been linked with Saviola too, that would be interesting, they'd be unstoppable on Pro...

:laughing:

278d7e64a374de26f==