PDA

View Full Version : Transfer rumours...

Will
31-05-2007, 03:57 PM
According to Marca, Barcelona have offered Eto'o plus £17m for Henry - if he were to go I'd be pretty happy with that deal! In an ideal world an Arsenal legend like Henry would see out his career at Arsenal, or at least stay 10 years, but he's looked increasingly injury prone and that'd be a good deal for the club - assuming there's any truth in it, which there probably isn't!

Hopefully we'll be signing Ribery either way, I think we're his first choice, just a question of money and if Wenger really wants another winger...

Insomnia
31-05-2007, 04:03 PM
Henry would be a massive blow, but looking at the exchange Eto'o plus that money makes it more bearable, like you said Henry picking up too many injuries of late not what we need if were to make a serious challenge these days...

Though you know what the papers are like, we'll have to wait and see..:cheese:

Insomnia
31-05-2007, 04:04 PM
As for Ribery i'd like to see him sign up, think he has plenty to offer us and would slot in nicely! :cheese:

french_og
31-05-2007, 08:06 PM
I'd snap there hands off for Eto'o plus £17 million. Eto'o is one of the best stikers in the world and although not as good as an alround player as Henry i would say Eto'o is a better finisher.

Esox Lucius
31-05-2007, 09:21 PM
liverpool = no doubt someone as shit as bellamy or crouch.

Richierush
31-05-2007, 11:00 PM
why is it Arsenal havent had really any money to spend over the last 2 or 3 seasons? :whoops:

Insomnia
31-05-2007, 11:07 PM
why is it Arsenal havent had really any money to spend over the last 2 or 3 seasons? :whoops:

I think our new stadium might have something to do with that mate...:;

lukekendall
01-06-2007, 08:22 AM

wenger is a french tosser who is to stuck up his own ass to admit his theory of using young ( not english) players is not the way forward and has won him f*ck all!!

Insomnia somehow double posted on this post oops (sorry) :whoops:

Corrected now, my post underneath....:)

Insomnia
01-06-2007, 08:53 AM
wenger is a french tosser who is to stuck up his own ass to admit his theory of using young ( not english) players is not the way forward and has won him f*ck all!!

My god just because he aint won anything in the last couple of seasons doesn't make him a tosser, not forgetting reaching the champions league final and also getting to the carling cup final this year.....

Our club has had great success under Wenger in the last 10 seasons, i for one think he's been great and see more silverware coming shortly so watch out!! :cheese:

Esox Lucius
01-06-2007, 10:06 AM
he's french he's a tosser but he is a f.uckin good gaffer i will give him that, as good as moaninho imo.

basslinejunkie
01-06-2007, 11:19 AM
best in the world,no doubt.

lukekendall
01-06-2007, 11:55 AM
id give him credit yeah......... but he is a tosser !!!!

he has always used that same system and he is still using it !! ok it won him stuff in the past and at one time arsenal were playing the best football going!! times change and he is to arrogent to see that!!

basslinejunkie
21-06-2007, 10:45 AM
apparently weve bid 27 mill an garcia for torres!!!! nnnnnnnnoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooo
:(

french_og
21-06-2007, 10:49 AM
Benitez will be the ruin of your club, wasting money on all these foreign and spanish players. Sacking Steve Highway and replacing the English youth policy with foreign rubbish.

Insomnia
21-06-2007, 11:16 PM
If Liverpool get Torres i'd say it's a great signing!

There is no doubt the guy is class and still at the age of 23 he has plenty to offer, if he wants to join Liverpool i'd say they better snap him up before it's too late.....

Numeric
22-06-2007, 08:20 AM
best in the world,no doubt.

:laughing:

basslinejunkie
22-06-2007, 09:20 AM
if you think its ferguson,your a crackhead. he didnt do shit untill alot of youth players came through i.e becks scholes the nevilles etc. plus hes made plenty of shocking signings over the years. i can only think of 1 bad player wenger has signed,cygan. the rest were nobodys,he turned them into class players.when has feguson ever done that?!? ...........

Numeric
22-06-2007, 09:33 AM
if you think that every player Wenger has signed is class except Cygan your the one who's smoking crack me old mucka...

granted Sir has made some awful signings over the years but his record speaks for itself...

Sir is the greatest manager these shores has ever known, only Shankley or Busby can be mentioned in the same breath, until Wenger manages as many titles or wins a treble he'll stand in Sir's shadow...

basslinejunkie
22-06-2007, 09:53 AM
Sir is the greatest manager these shores has ever known, only Shankley or Busby can be mentioned in the same breath, until Wenger manages as many titles or wins a treble he'll stand in Sir's shadow...

hahahahaha o dear.i cant even be arsed replying to that.

Numeric
22-06-2007, 10:15 AM
because you know i'm right :cheese:

as always :cool:

Numeric
22-06-2007, 10:29 AM
gettin back on topic though, Torres would be an excellent signing for Liverpool...

i heard they were after both him and Forlan...

basslinejunkie
22-06-2007, 10:32 AM
forlan?!? i hope not.also said in the paper that under torres captians armband,he had 'youl never walk alone'

Numeric
22-06-2007, 10:50 AM
also said in the paper that under torres captians armband,he had 'youl never walk alone'

oh dear, you can have him then :laughing:

Forlan is class though, you could do much worse...

basslinejunkie
22-06-2007, 11:58 AM
bollox to that.another one of fergusons clangers.........

he flopped in the prem once,he would do it again.

Esox Lucius
22-06-2007, 01:17 PM
forlan is class, see your point about him not cutting it in the prem though.

he came from uruguay to make the scousers cry :laughing:

didnt forlan go to school or something with french og's other half? sure i remeber him saying something along those lines.

Numeric
22-06-2007, 01:25 PM
aye, never forget deadly Diego...

once he got goin he scored quite a few goals, and he's useful on Pro for shootin from range...

Numeric
22-06-2007, 02:01 PM
word is Smithy could be off to Newcastle...

Will
22-06-2007, 03:14 PM
because you know i'm right :cheese:

as always :cool:

I'm sure Wenger's success to expenditure ratio is second to none!

Will
22-06-2007, 03:17 PM
word is Smithy could be off to Newcastle...

For £3.5m I heard, good deal for them, not so good for Man U! I'm sure Forlan could do well in the Prem, he was the joint european golden boot winner a few seasons ago and I don't think Fergie's management style really suited him.

basslinejunkie
22-06-2007, 03:29 PM
nah he left him on the bench,****ed up his confidence,didnt give him a chance till it was too late.still,dont want him at us.

french_og
22-06-2007, 05:27 PM
Yep Forlan went to school with my Mrs. I think he is a good player and has scored plenty of goals in Spain. Thought he was unlucky at Utd and never got a run in the side which was difficult with Van Nistlerooy there also.

Think Liverpool should sign Owen espeically with the clause for £9million in his contract. I know Liverpool fans haven't foregiven him for leaving but who else with that proven record could you get at that price.

nick_anarchy
22-06-2007, 10:28 PM
well now with henry off what can arsenal do ?

i cant see liverpool pulling any big players this season !! tores is good dont get me wrong but is a bit over rated at times he aint a world class player which livepool need ! forlan haha he can score and know where the goal is !! bt he cnt do it in the prem

hear owen is off to man city ? with smith to replace him ? and also city have 50m + to spend if sven takes the job , also owen wants to move closer to home he has also been banned from goin to training and games in his helicopter haha

a lot of names being spoke abot joining utd but i cant see him getting another player this season as he wants rossi to progress this season and i think saha will get his last chance to show what he can do if not he will be off in jan !

benni macarthy wants to join chelsea dont he ? that would be interestng , quality striker , shame he didnt go to a bigger club from the start

koma
02-07-2007, 02:15 PM
apparently arsenal bought croatia's best player... eduardo da silva

http://www.javno.com/en/sports/clanak.php?id=58638

Will
02-07-2007, 02:26 PM
I can't believe we've apparently spent all the money from Henry on him, he'd better be good!

I found some interesting quotes about Gudjohnsen and Henry which I'd agree with...

"A lot of clubs are interested in Eidur," Gudjohnsen senior told BBC Sport.

"But he is determined to prove himself at Barca. He would compliment Henry because they play differently."

He added: "I don't think the forward partnership of Samuel Eto'o and Henry would work as well.

"Eidur can drop deep and play off Henry, which I think would work much better."

Regarding speculation of a move back to the Premiership, he addeD: "Eidur is away on holiday now and he has not been in contact with any clubs. He is planning to meet up with his Barcelona team-mates for pre-season later in July.

"Although he wants to stay, I don't know what Barcelona's intentions are."

Will
02-07-2007, 02:29 PM
Here's some interesting comments from Fabregas's agent:

"Cesc is happy for Thierry as they are friends. But he cannot wait to start the season, he is a key man for Arsenal."

Arsène Wenger has already snapped up Eduardo da Silva to bolster the Gunners' ranks and DÃ*az believes that more additions will be made to the squad soon.

"Thierry was a very important player for them and it is normal that now he is no longer there, everyone thinks it is very bad news for the club," he said.

"But Arsenal are going to buy a lot of good players and they are going to be a major team both in the Premier League and Champions League.

"Without Thierry, Cesc is one of the best players at Arsenal and this is fine for him, he is happy with the responsibility.

"At the moment Cesc is on holiday, but he is very excited about the new campaign."

Numeric
03-07-2007, 12:17 PM
looks as though Garcia is off to Athletico Madrid, does this mean Torres is goin the other way?

i really hope Heinze doesn't move to the Kopites, we'd be mental to weaken our own squad and significantly strengthen Liverpool's in the same move...

basslinejunkie
03-07-2007, 12:53 PM
yup,my boss said its done,27mill,garcia going the other way.cant find any proof as of yet tho.and i dont think you would seel heinze to us in a million years,even if we offerd stupid money

Numeric
03-07-2007, 01:20 PM
yeah i agree regarding Heinze...

it'll be interesting to see how Torres does, could be another Morientez :;

basslinejunkie
03-07-2007, 05:39 PM
or could be another van nistelrooy,you know,that world class striker fergie sold,simply coz he spoke up to him and had balls.

Numeric
03-07-2007, 06:22 PM
mate, i'm a big fan of Ruud but his time at United was done, he just wasn't the same player for us anymore, he had to go...

look at what United achieved without him last season, we were scorin from everywhere, well pleased for him at Madrid though, happy he won the title there...

Frank Dogshit
03-07-2007, 07:03 PM
weve just apparently signed the top scorer in the under 21 euro championships. marceo rigters or something like that.

dont know anything about him because i didnt watch any of the competition...anyone know much about his game? believe he scored some sick overhead kick against england?

basslinejunkie
03-07-2007, 09:41 PM
with ruud youd of gone further in the champs leauge.your after a striker now when u had one of the best in the game.

Numeric
03-07-2007, 11:52 PM
what like Ruud really helped us in the Champions League the last few seasons?

the way the team performed without him last season is proof enough that we're better off now he's gone, the games that United didn't play well in last season was more down to the lack of a leader in midfield than any lack of firepower upfront, the only reason we're in the hunt for a forward is because Saha is so injury prone...

Rossi did really well in Italy at the end of last season, i'd like to see him get a chance to shine...

kai
04-07-2007, 09:59 AM
Yes Ruud is a truly great forward, something we do now lack - however, he beleived he had a right to start every big game regardless of his own or other players form.

No one player is bigger than the club or keeping the spirit and unity of the team - RVN's attitude was bad for team spirit so he had to go.

The togetherness and team spirit we had last season was what won us the league imo - and its definately more important to a team than any one player - no matter how natural a goal scorer they are.

kai
04-07-2007, 10:02 AM
As for Torres - glad Utd haven't got him - good player but doesn't score enough goals.

Think he'll do well at 'pool but I'd question whether he'll really make that big a difference to their team - they already have forwards who play well and don't score - they need a goalscorer not a linkman - exactly why I'm pleased Utd haven't signed him - plays same role as Rooney, just nowhere near as well!

basslinejunkie
04-07-2007, 02:26 PM
weve just apparently signed the top scorer in the under 21 euro championships. marceo rigters or something like that.

dont know anything about him because i didnt watch any of the competition...anyone know much about his game? believe he scored some sick overhead kick against england?

good player!! typical dutchman,dead comfortable on the ball.isnt as good as that babel tho i thought

Will
05-07-2007, 03:09 PM
Babel wants to come to Arsenal. In fact he's adament he'll play for us some day!

Numeric
06-07-2007, 08:30 AM
Babel wants to come to Arsenal. In fact he's adament he'll play for us some day!

aye, reckons it's not gonna be for a season or two though apparently...

Numeric
16-07-2007, 08:40 AM
apparently Arsenal are poised to smash their transfer record with a £15million swoop for Argentinian striker Rodrigo Palacio...

there's a rumour linking Ronaldinho with Newcastle which seems a bit far-fetched...

and also Robben is close to makin a move to Madrid, good riddens, the Premiership is a cleaner league without him...

Numeric
16-07-2007, 09:00 AM
and Dudek has left the kopites to join Real Madrid...

he'll always be remembered for his finest Anfield moment...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/media/images/38536000/jpg/_38536675_dudes_300.jpg

Will
16-07-2007, 03:27 PM
I heard Newcastle made an enquiry about Ronaldinho, but were put off by the £58m price tag... unsurprisingly! That's Fat Sam for you though, cheeky ****er...

Will
16-07-2007, 03:28 PM
We'll have to wait and see about Palacio, probably bollocks, but technically we agreed to a £17m deal for Reyes, though we won't be paying that much in the end I guess, dunno what he's cost us so far...

Will
17-07-2007, 03:39 PM
apparently Arsenal are poised to smash their transfer record with a £15million swoop for Argentinian striker Rodrigo Palacio...

Turns out the whole thing was a prank by some Arsenal fans trying to take in the dodgy journalists of the British press - and they did a pretty good job of it! Apparently it was reported all round the world too! And of course the Sun had an exclusive on the story...

Numeric
17-07-2007, 03:49 PM

anyone who takes the piss out of the Sun deserve a pat on the back...

Will
17-07-2007, 03:56 PM
His agent and club have refuted it now!

Palacio agent plays down Arsenal talk
Tuesday, 17 July 18:39 AET

http://au.setanta.com/portal/article/football?open&artic leid=9ed89891d61232318025731b002e215a

Rodrigo Palacio's agent has moved to dampen speculation of an imminent move to Arsenal for the Boca Juniors star.

Monday's edition of The Sun claimed that The Gunners were on the brink of clinching a club record £15 million deal for the Argentina international, but that has come as something of a surprise to his agent, Roberto Depetri.

Palacio was reputedly due in London for a medical on Tuesday, but Depetri claims he has heard nothing from Arsenal, who have already reinforced their frontline with the signing of Eduardo da Silva this summer.

"The truth is the information surprised me," Depetri told La Nacion. "There is nothing of anything.

"No intermediaries, or officials, have spoken with either me or Boca."

Furthermore, a spokesman for the Argentinian giants has told news agency EFE that the club "has not received any contact from Arsenal or any other club."

Barcelona were understood to be close to reaching a deal for Palacio before they managed to prise Thierry Henry from Emirates Stadium.

Numeric
20-07-2007, 08:23 AM
Sir has kinda confirmed that Smith and Rossi will be on the way out if the Tevez move happens...

"When someone like Tevez comes along, it makes it difficult for people like Alan and Giuseppe in particular"

shame, i like Smithy, and would have liked to see Rossi get his chance...

Insomnia
20-07-2007, 11:11 AM
Smith could be on his way to Everton apparently......

Numeric
20-07-2007, 11:15 AM
if he has to go, Everton are one of the few clubs i wouldn't mind him joining...

Insomnia
23-07-2007, 06:46 PM
Freddie Ljunberg joins West Ham today for 3 million.....

xes
23-07-2007, 09:16 PM
Freddie Ljunberg joins West Ham today for 3 million.....

bloody hell,good buy for the hammers!

IN other news,Patrick Kluivert is in talk with Shefield Wednesday! :laughing: Balls of steal man,balls of steal :cheese:

And spurs are dumping Ghaly on Brum,for 3 million :cheese: :cool:

Numeric
24-07-2007, 09:30 AM
not a bad signin for West Ham that, they've bought quite a few players now like...

Will
24-07-2007, 03:38 PM
I can't believe he went to them, he supposedly turned down Man City out of loyalty to us and wanted a move to Italy, then he goes there of all places... It almost seems like another player acting out of spite...

lukekendall
25-07-2007, 01:10 PM
apparently spurs are chasing petrov

http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hlid=478592&CPID=8&clid=6&lid=2&title=Spurs+close+on+Petrov

we were after him last yr!! good player!! and is a left sided midfielder that we need!!

hope we get him

Numeric
25-07-2007, 01:52 PM
I can't believe he went to them, he supposedly turned down Man City out of loyalty to us and wanted a move to Italy, then he goes there of all places... It almost seems like another player acting out of spite...

be interesting to see how he fares with the Hammers, was injured for most of last season wasn't he?

Arse are prob best rid...

Numeric
26-07-2007, 09:12 AM
apparently West Ham have bid 12m for Anelka, seems a tad wild...

they must have more dollar than sense...

Insomnia
26-07-2007, 11:55 AM
Middlesbrough are now in for Alan Smith with a 6 million bid....

Numeric
26-07-2007, 01:32 PM
aye, would really prefer him to go to Everton, if he has to go...

Will
26-07-2007, 02:28 PM
be interesting to see how he fares with the Hammers, was injured for most of last season wasn't he?

Arse are prob best rid...

Yeah, he's been injured or out of form for a while now, from a business sense we're well rid, though it's a shame he's not good enough any more, ideally he'd have finished his career with us or at least stay for 10 years.

Insomnia
31-07-2007, 11:41 AM
Reyes puts pen to paper with Athleico Madrid.....

Undisclosed price......

Dean-E
31-07-2007, 01:47 PM
Arnor Gudjohnsen, Eidurs agent dad, is currently in London speaking with West Ham according to Icelandic newspaper Fréttablaðið.

some silly money talked about in different place from £10 - £17

good buy if we get him fingers crossed

Will
31-07-2007, 04:31 PM
I don't think Barca payed anywhere near that did they? And they don't even want him any more!

Insomnia
02-08-2007, 12:16 PM
Kieran Dyer could be the latest to join West Ham in a 6 million pound move.....

Numeric
02-08-2007, 12:24 PM
aye, Dyer and Bellamy in the same team, foul...

they've made a shed load of signings West Ham, Scott Parker, Julien Faubert, Craig Bellamy, Richard Wright and Freddie Ljungberg so far...

french_og
02-08-2007, 01:38 PM
Is Bowyer at West Ham also?

Numeric
02-08-2007, 02:05 PM
Is Bowyer at West Ham also?

aye he is :laughing:

are they trying to collect all the Premiership's most hated players or somin?

bet Bowyer is buzzin now that his best bud Dyer is on the way :laughing:

Numeric
08-08-2007, 11:16 AM
Liverpool have joined Roma in the hunt for right-back Cicinho, according to reports in Spain...

the Brazilian full-back appears to have been pushed down the pecking order at Real Madrid under new coach Bernd Schuster...

Insomnia
09-08-2007, 12:50 PM
M'boro have snubbed a 10million bid for Yakubu from Everton....

Insomnia
14-08-2007, 11:56 AM
Mido set to join Middlesbrough...

basslinejunkie
14-08-2007, 01:15 PM
Liverpool have joined Roma in the hunt for right-back Cicinho, according to reports in Spain...

the Brazilian full-back appears to have been pushed down the pecking order at Real Madrid under new coach Bernd Schuster...

if hope this is true!!!!!!

french_og
14-08-2007, 02:15 PM
Do Liverpool need another Right back? They have Finnan and that Spanish guy.

Richierush
18-08-2007, 10:21 PM
Yakubu left out the squad for boro looks like he's gonna be comin to goodison didnt think he was worth even 10 million we will see tho :whoops:

Insomnia
20-08-2007, 07:59 PM
I think him and Johnson would make a great partnership, the price may be high but that's the crack these days! :cool:

Insomnia
20-08-2007, 08:11 PM
Tell you what that guy Utaka who plays for Portsmouth seems like a good signing, some pace that guy has and scored a peach at the wkend!

Numeric
20-08-2007, 08:30 PM
aye one of me mates has got Utaka in his dream-team...

Insomnia
20-08-2007, 08:41 PM
aye one of me mates has got Utaka in his dream-team...

Good move i'd say, think i'll have to follow suit, that is if Berbatov dont get himself available soon....

Numeric
21-08-2007, 06:49 PM
there's a rumour United are after Martins, and there's another rumour sayin that we're in for Anelka...

either would do for me...

Insomnia
21-08-2007, 07:10 PM
I think Anelka is more likely of the 2, i heard he's wanting away from Bolton after there poor start to the season....

I think Bolton could be in real trouble this season if they continue like they have of late, early days but time will tell....

Insomnia
21-08-2007, 07:12 PM
Middlesbrough wont let Yakubu go for less than 12.5 million now..

Wonder if Everton will burst the bank or not.....

Insomnia
23-08-2007, 01:36 PM
Robben finally signed for Real Madrid for over 20 million, Chelsea doubled what they signed him for, not a bad bit of business....

Will
23-08-2007, 03:56 PM
there's a rumour United are after Martins, and there's another rumour sayin that we're in for Anelka...

either would do for me...

You can have Diouf.

Will
23-08-2007, 03:57 PM
Robben finally signed for Real Madrid for over 20 million, Chelsea doubled what they signed him for, not a bad bit of business....

Didn't they pay £13m? Still, Real Madrid must be the only team who'd pay more for a player than Chelsea did...

Insomnia
23-08-2007, 08:09 PM
Didn't they pay £13m? Still, Real Madrid must be the only team who'd pay more for a player than Chelsea did...

Was reading somewhere the day with the Chelsea chairman Bruce Buck going on about how glad he was to off doubled the 12million they bought him in for...

Still only 23 has plenty left to offer, was a good player no doubt about that, just liked abit of a dive in the area though...

french_og
23-08-2007, 08:20 PM
Robben will fit right into the Spanish League with the rest of the pussies and divers.... and the useless stupid spanish refs who give a foul as soon as a player falls over or is the slightest bit of contact.

Insomnia
24-08-2007, 11:12 PM
Veteran Andy Cole joins up for Sunderland on a 1 year contract....

I bet his buddy Keane didn't have to use much persuasion...

kai
27-08-2007, 10:01 AM
Think thats a good signing by Keano - reckon he's still got goals in him at top level - be nice to see him back at OT next Saturday when Sunderland come down - just as long as he don't score that is lol

Numeric
27-08-2007, 11:38 AM
they're sayin on Sky Sports News that Chelsea are in for Ronaldinho

seems a rather wild claim, i hope it isn't true...

french_og
27-08-2007, 12:28 PM
He did not play well yesterday for Barca. 0-0. Henry and Deco were sub. They both came on and played well and Henry hit the post.

Insomnia
27-08-2007, 10:06 PM
Apparently his agent who is also his brother has been holding talks with Abramovich...

Barcelona saying he's staying put, i'm sure it would cost Chelsea a hell of a lot to land him at the moment with 3 years still remaining on his contract....

Will
28-08-2007, 04:43 PM
They all have buy out clauses in Spain, but I'm sure his would be stupendous!

Numeric
28-08-2007, 05:53 PM
West Ham have made an approach for Adriano!!

there's rumblings of Berbatov to United again...

Insomnia
28-08-2007, 07:52 PM
Yeah Inter Milan were looking just to loan him out for the season but it could become a permanant deal by friday deadline..

17 million the price of that move rumoured...

Numeric
28-08-2007, 08:13 PM

no-one will be playing as Inter again on Pro if he goes...

basslinejunkie
28-08-2007, 10:49 PM
adriano for west ham?!? thats gotta be bollox

Insomnia
28-08-2007, 11:16 PM
Adriano has knocked the deal back offered by West Ham...

Insomnia
28-08-2007, 11:23 PM
Dave Nugent could be on his way to Derby just weeks after his 6 million switch to Portsmouth...

Will
30-08-2007, 03:26 PM
I doubt it!

Insomnia
31-08-2007, 03:48 PM
Glen Johnson completed his 3 million move to Portsmouth....

278d7e64a374de26f==