PDA

View Full Version : England v Brazil tonight

french_og
01-06-2007, 11:46 AM
Looking forward to this we look like a good team again on paper with Joe Cole, Becks and Owen back.

We need a big performance and we seem to play better against the better sides who attack us.

Think the starting line up with be

Robinson
Terry
King
P Neville
Shorey or Carragher
Becks
Gerrard
Lampard
Cole
Rooney
Owen

Come on England!!!

lukekendall
01-06-2007, 11:56 AM
ill watch it becasue its brazil we are playing

i bet its poo tho

Insomnia
01-06-2007, 12:40 PM
Wasn't aware this was on, should be a great game, wonder how becks will get on, shouldn't have been dropped in my opinion but he'll be out to prove that the night.......:)

Esox Lucius
01-06-2007, 12:43 PM
haha first game at wembley, who do you play, brazil who will play them off the pitch. :laughing:

digitalboy
01-06-2007, 01:12 PM
i know it's just a friendly, but it should be a good test of your squad. :;

digitalboy
01-06-2007, 01:16 PM
here's there full squad

Brazil squad:
Doni (Roma), Helton (Porto), Daniel Alves (Sevilla), Maicon (Inter Milan), Gilberto (Hertha Berlin), Marcelo (Real Madrid), Juan (Bayer Leverkeusen), Alex (PSV), Alex Silva (Sao Paulo), Naldo (Werder Bremen), Gilberto Silva (Arsenal), Edmilson (Barcelona), Josue (Sao Paulo), Mineiro (Hertha Berlin), Elano (Shaktar Donetsk), Diego (Werder Bremen), Kaka (AC Milan), Ronaldinho (Barcelona), Robinho (Real Madrid), Vagner Love (CSKA Moscow), Jo (CSKA Moscow), Afonso Alves (Heerenveen).

dan the acid man
01-06-2007, 11:47 PM
englands stil lacking that extra sparkle, it was a little better performance but still not looking that great.

Think lampard needs dropping quick, but we all know that's not gonna happen, beckham played well on his comeback though

Frank Dogshit
02-06-2007, 01:29 AM
beckhams accuracy on his crossfield passing is awesome.

well worth the inclusion in the side just for his good delivery...fair play.

the rest of the passing in the team is wank.

Aratron
02-06-2007, 02:30 AM
beckhams cross for the goal was sublime

dan the acid man
02-06-2007, 03:00 AM
Gerrard deserved his man of the match too, he made some brilliant tackles

DJsmallpaul
02-06-2007, 04:35 AM
haha first game at wembley, who do you play, brazil who will play them off the pitch. :laughing:

Quite the opposite :) should a won like

Esox Lucius
02-06-2007, 07:08 AM
fixed innit

french_og
02-06-2007, 08:02 AM
England always play better vs better oposition. We would of won if Terry was still on the pitch. Good game though more important to win on wednesday.

Richierush
02-06-2007, 09:46 AM
overall a much improved england performance,about time england started puttin tackles in all over the pitch,thats what we should be doin every game not just BIG games,you see when one player starts doin it,it goes threw the whole team an gives them confidence gerrard should be captain,beckham played well although u could see he was playin hard for his first game back,hope he can keep it up for more matches not take his foot off the pedal.Was pleased with the performance it was better than normal,dont understand smith upfront its bollox an id have ledly at the back full time he's the new sol but theres a click so we know terry an ferdinand will end up back together:cool:

Insomnia
02-06-2007, 10:21 AM
Good to see Beckham showing what he's made off.... :cheese:

Ashley
02-06-2007, 12:34 PM
I wouldnt mind watching England getting beat, what channel is it on?? lol :;

dan the acid man
02-06-2007, 01:19 PM
I wouldnt mind watching England getting beat, what channel is it on?? lol :;

it was on last night you wally:laughing:

DJ Asylum
02-06-2007, 02:37 PM
:haha: :crackup:

Ashley
02-06-2007, 03:18 PM
I thought it was today, now if i had read the whole thread i would have known that :ohdear: :laughing:

Will
02-06-2007, 03:32 PM
We saw the best and worst of Beckham I thought, did well for the goal, as you might expect, but too much get the ball and hit it straight up to the front man without bothering to move anywhere, we see enough of that rubbish with Chelsea. It's not like Owen has an amazing first touch to be controlling 60 yard passes or the strength to hold it up really.

But he did actually move about at times rather than just sit deep, hump the ball upfield and come forward to take set pieces...

It's about time people started booing Lumpard, he gets so much stick, maybe then he'd actually be dropped/admit he's not playing well enough and make it easier for McLaren, if not force the decision on him, seems like it's the only way things will change.

Will
02-06-2007, 03:33 PM
Nice to see Gilberto score a perfectly good goal, even if it was wrongly ruled out, and then set up the equaliser. Also the cameo's from Kaka and Ronaldinho were great too...

lukekendall
04-06-2007, 02:53 PM
Nice to see Gilberto score a perfectly good goal, even if it was wrongly ruled out, and then set up the equaliser. Also the cameo's from Kaka and Ronaldinho were great too...

shame there was no arsenal player in the england side

french_og
05-06-2007, 08:38 AM
They will have to have English players first...

basslinejunkie
05-06-2007, 10:19 AM
shame there was no arsenal player in the england side

they had the brazilian captain instead.........

278d7e64a374de26f==