PDA

View Full Version : Mixers

Aratron
03-06-2007, 10:36 PM
i dunno i this is the best place to discuss this, however i'd really appreciate people's opinions on mixers out there.

Vestax PMC280 Mixer - has any one got one of these - if so , how do you rate it?

SlavikSvensk
04-06-2007, 04:33 PM
i have the pcv-275...love it

dan the acid man
04-06-2007, 05:45 PM
yeah, only ever used the 275, we had one at work, worked a treat for years, good solid mixer

TechMouse
04-06-2007, 06:12 PM
I've used a PCV-275 too.

Pretty good, all things considered.

Though my mate who owned it said he had to get it serviced a couple of times. Think it was the soldering on the sockets or something.

Aratron
04-06-2007, 06:27 PM
its the pcm 280 im more interested in. anyone used one????????????????????

conor256
04-06-2007, 07:56 PM
i pulled this off another forum ......... i was looking at it myself and it looks quite nice ...... i think there are only two phono inputs though which is a pity on a 4 channel mixer....

http://www.dn-s5000.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&p=60769

digitalboy
04-06-2007, 07:56 PM
iv'e got the slimline PMC - 06 pro. Quite good, nothing too fancy.

vestax do a good job with building mixers. :)

Aratron
05-06-2007, 01:53 AM
i pulled this off another forum ......... i was looking at it myself and it looks quite nice ...... i think there are only two phono inputs though which is a pity on a 4 channel mixer....

http://www.dn-s5000.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&p=60769

thanks dude

Jay Pace
05-06-2007, 04:39 PM
For the same price I'd go for a djm 500 personally.

Good faders, and a workhorse which lasts

TechMouse
05-06-2007, 06:08 PM
Agree with Jay.

Either that or an Ecler.

smoove
02-07-2007, 10:33 PM
DJM is way overpirced these days if you ask me. Xone32 or Ecler.

dirty_bass
02-07-2007, 11:00 PM
Allen and Heath or Ecler all the way.
Nice clean signal path, about the only decent gains present on any DJ mixer out there, unless you go for sky high prices.
Sound quality all the way in my opinion.

fatcollective
02-07-2007, 11:06 PM
i can vouch for Ecler mixers, not the most poular, but good solid mixers, with a fair price tag too!! cant go wrong!!

Roxy Trip
03-07-2007, 12:05 AM
i got a djm500, think its the best mixer you can get for that price range alot of people have said so, tis nice sturdy mixer that works well . the allen and heath ones must be better technically but feel a bit flimsy to me for some reason.

dan the acid man
03-07-2007, 03:53 PM
i've moved this into the dj forum now we've got one again

Aratron
07-07-2007, 06:32 PM
i can vouch for Ecler mixers, not the most poular, but good solid mixers, with a fair price tag too!! cant go wrong!!

i've got a Ecler HAK 310 which im very happy with.

i just fancy getting a 3 channel mixer.

sometimes i think it's easier to do more chops with the up-faders when you have got three channels, plus i wouldn't mind having a third channel for some digital effects.

mind you im sticking with my ecler i need some decks at the minute.

Aratron
07-07-2007, 07:03 PM
http://www.djdeals.com/vestaxPMC08.htm

check this baby out.

the one in black is mint.

this is what i want though http://www.decks.co.uk/products/mixers/ecler/nuo3

ecler nuo 3, looks the business

dan the acid man
07-07-2007, 08:49 PM
i've got a Ecler HAK 310 which im very happy with.

i just fancy getting a 3 channel mixer.

sometimes i think it's easier to do more chops with the up-faders when you have got three channels, plus i wouldn't mind having a third channel for some digital effects.

mind you im sticking with my ecler i need some decks at the minute.

eh? why would having an extra fader mean you can do more chops with the channel faders?

the only reason to buy a 3 channel mixer is if you're going to be using 3 channels

Aratron
07-07-2007, 08:53 PM
eh? why would having an extra fader mean you can do more chops with the channel faders?

the only reason to buy a 3 channel mixer is if you're going to be using 3 channels

i know it doesnt make sense

but i like a bit of space between the up faders and two channel mixers are two clsoer togther unless you get soemthing like a hak 360 (a mate of mine has one of these - and imo best mixer, for that kind of thing)

Aratron
07-07-2007, 10:15 PM

i always assign the first and third channel to the two decks. i just like the idea of having a little amount of space between the two channels

dan the acid man
07-07-2007, 10:31 PM
ah i get ya, yeah some mixers can be a little cramped

Aratron
07-07-2007, 10:47 PM
ah i get ya, yeah some mixers can be a little cramped

yes absolutely. my hak 310 is just too small. need that bit of space to pull off the chops in a more relaxed way

Numeric
10-07-2007, 09:33 AM
For the same price I'd go for a djm 500 personally.

Good faders, and a workhorse which lasts

agreed, the 500 works and lasts...

RDR
10-07-2007, 09:40 AM
i have the pcv-275...love it

Got one at work...

HATE it!

LOL.

the crossfader is bloody aweful. the pioneer ones are MUCH better if less solid.

RDR
10-07-2007, 09:43 AM
DJM is way overpirced these days if you ask me. Xone32 or Ecler.

dont bother with the 32 OR the Ecler!

32 = Faders that are around 4million miles long
Ecler = Fiddly in the extreme.

Sound quality? Great on both of them... useable? Not for scratching. or creative up fader work on the 32.

Try the DJM400...

cheaper!

JohnBlack
28-07-2007, 02:40 PM
For the money you might aswell get the DJM500, i`ve had mine for 10 months and my mate had it before for bout 2 years and never had probs with it!
Like someone else said its a workhouse, 4 channels, and effects processor.
Admittedly i`ve got a spare channel, but thats only untill i can afford another cdj800 ;)

Mindful
30-07-2007, 07:14 PM
Ive got the model down from the pcv-275 (the blue one)
The faders are nice and I love the EQ (It more of a mixer for blending I guess)
The crossfader is wank tho, it stoped moving about 4 weeks after I got it.
Also the blue paint has been slowley coming off since the day I bought it. So I constantly have random flecks of blue metalic paint on random parts of my body (looks like I have a glitter fettish I guess to the guy at the corner shop)

Barely Human
31-07-2007, 08:06 AM
dont bother with the 32 OR the Ecler!

32 = Faders that are around 4million miles long
Ecler = Fiddly in the extreme.

Bit of a sweeping statement that man. I have an Ecler Hak 320 and its the best scratch mixers ive had. Well layed out, rock solid, plenty of room, and i have battered it for nearly 4 years and still works perfectly and no faders have been changed. Their new flagship model the Hak 380 is widely regarded as the best scratch mixer you can buy. Certainly on par with the Rane TTM.

DannyBlack
01-08-2007, 02:55 PM
DJM 600, only really just started using one but so far it takes gold.

TechMouse
01-08-2007, 03:41 PM
Used an Ecler Nuo for the first time the other week.

Have to say I was pretty impressed.

All the qualities of the SMAC series, and it addresses a lot of my issues.

RDR
02-08-2007, 12:12 PM
Bit of a sweeping statement that man. I have an Ecler Hak 320 and its the best scratch mixers ive had. Well layed out, rock solid, plenty of room, and i have battered it for nearly 4 years and still works perfectly and no faders have been changed. Their new flagship model the Hak 380 is widely regarded as the best scratch mixer you can buy. Certainly on par with the Rane TTM.

My bad, didnt mean those ones... isaw some that had nasty fiddly little EQ faders..

BloodStar
02-08-2007, 01:54 PM
For me, Rodec MX180 MKIII is the best mixer, ever..

RDR
02-08-2007, 05:54 PM
MMM NICE!

Aratron
02-08-2007, 11:53 PM
For me, Rodec MX180 MKIII is the best mixer, ever..

what are they fella?

BloodStar
03-08-2007, 10:17 AM
what are they fella?

It doesnt have any fx unit onboard, just faders and knobs,but they are very accurate, no sudden jumps like on some other mixers, even after long time of using.
and the most important thing is the sound which come out of it. With Rodec you cant go wrong. Sound quality is awesome. Much better than from DJM500 or 600,imo. I've played on it many times in the club, and never been dissapointed. Solid construction and also very comfortable to work with as the front panel is oblique,.

TechMouse
03-08-2007, 12:34 PM
So many people moan about the sound quality of Pioneers.

Never noticed myself.

98% of the time, a Pioneer mixer is not going to be the weakest link in your chain.

BloodStar
03-08-2007, 03:24 PM
I am not moaning, but somehow Rodec sounds better to my ears. dont know.

TechMouse
03-08-2007, 06:14 PM
I am not moaning, but somehow Rodec sounds better to my ears. dont know.
I wasn't saying you were.

Merely commenting that it's a frequent complaint.

Generally though, I'd be very surprised if many clubs / rigs deliver the kind of quality where you would notice.

RDR
04-08-2007, 09:06 AM
I wasn't saying you were.

Merely commenting that it's a frequent complaint.

Generally though, I'd be very surprised if many clubs / rigs deliver the kind of quality where you would notice.

***Alert***

Now entering the rocky ground of..

SUBJECTIVE AND PERCEIVED QUALITY!

TBH i thought when you linked up the Rodec you were being sarcastic... it looks like a citronic mixer!

Jay Pace
04-08-2007, 01:06 PM
To be honest I can really hear the difference between a pioneer 600 and an allen and heath on a rig....

Doubt most punters would though.

Siege
05-08-2007, 09:07 AM
Deffinatly hear the diffrence ....allen n heath are superior over the djm600 when it comes to sound quality..but for fx etc..nothing comes close to the 600 or 800.
Ive a 600 myself, but im after an 800 now..bit pricey yet though....after make do with what i got for time being.
Ive had mine for 3 years and im still discovering new little tricks n stuff u can do with it now....like, do a deck stop on a playing record and use a short delay as soon as it stops..if you time it right, it mirrors the deck stop.....u get a sorta stop,stop,start,start effect that sounds good when u find the right trk to use.
As u stop the deck..the delay from it hides the sound of the deck being started again,if your quick and timings right.

Only thing i dont like about the 600 is the beat length selector buttons...
They tend to become unresponsive over time...theyl work but u gotta start fiddling about pressing them in a certain place...blag!
Thankfully theyve corrected this on the 800 though by using better selector buttons...

RDR
05-08-2007, 03:49 PM
Deffinatly hear the diffrence ....allen n heath are superior over the djm600 when it comes to sound quality..but for fx etc..nothing comes close to the 600 or 800.
Ive a 600 myself, but im after an 800 now..bit pricey yet though....after make do with what i got for time being.
Ive had mine for 3 years and im still discovering new little tricks n stuff u can do with it now....like, do a deck stop on a playing record and use a short delay as soon as it stops..if you time it right, it mirrors the deck stop.....u get a sorta stop,stop,start,start effect that sounds good when u find the right trk to use.
As u stop the deck..the delay from it hides the sound of the deck being started again,if your quick and timings right.

Only thing i dont like about the 600 is the beat length selector buttons...
They tend to become unresponsive over time...theyl work but u gotta start fiddling about pressing them in a certain place...blag!
Thankfully theyve corrected this on the 800 though by using better selector buttons...

Those buttons are a menace thats for sure!

278d7e64a374de26f==