PDA

View Full Version : Brandon DeCarlo "Hope for the Best..." Rough cut..

BDC
05-06-2007, 05:29 AM
sup yall...

So I decided to brush off the producer cap after almost a 3 year hiatus and although I consider myself "extremely rusty", I wanted to share a rough mix of a track I workin on... again... its rough and needs proper eq'n and maybe a switch up here or there but I think you'll get the idea...

www.brandondecarlo.com/HOPE.mp3

I plan on starting an e label later this year and this will probably make the cut...maybe...

Lemme know whatch think...thanks!

Radic
05-06-2007, 07:02 AM
hey mate just listening now. definitely would like to hear this once it's closer to a finished production. at the moment there's not much volume/ energy there. compression/ eq...u know the deal ;)

BRADLEE
05-06-2007, 05:27 PM
sup yall...

So I decided to brush off the producer cap after almost a 3 year hiatus and although I consider myself "extremely rusty", I wanted to share a rough mix of a track I workin on... again... its rough and needs proper eq'n and maybe a switch up here or there but I think you'll get the idea...

www.brandondecarlo.com/HOPE.mp3 (http://www.brandondecarlo.com/HOPE.mp3)

I plan on starting an e label later this year and this will probably make the cut...maybe...

Lemme know whatch think...thanks!

First off, let me just say welcome homie. Glad you got on here to the BOA finally. Guys, Brandon is a good friend of mine living in the PHX now. Originally from NJ, now in valley of death.

As for the tune amigo, really would like to hear the final cut as well. I won't comment until then because I know it's going to turn out nice when you get the time to polish it. So just do what you've gotta do, I'll hit you up about net label for sure too. Just trying to sort the next deal for Matame at the moment.

Keep your eyes on this ones guys.

BDC
06-06-2007, 12:48 AM
hey mate just listening now. definitely would like to hear this once it's closer to a finished production. at the moment there's not much volume/ energy there. compression/ eq...u know the deal ;)

for sure man, I'll be switching a few things and getting the mix down over the next few days. Thanks for listening.

First off, let me just say welcome homie. Glad you got on here to the BOA finally. Guys, Brandon is a good friend of mine living in the PHX now. Originally from NJ, now in valley of death.

As for the tune amigo, really would like to hear the final cut as well. I won't comment until then because I know it's going to turn out nice when you get the time to polish it. So just do what you've gotta do, I'll hit you up about net label for sure too. Just trying to sort the next deal for Matame at the moment.

Keep your eyes on this ones guys.

Thanks Brad for introducing me to these forums a while back... this place is AWESOME!!!!!!!Keep those tracks BANGIN!!!!!!

Yes...this will definitlely sound different than its current form....

I'll keep you posted!

BDC
08-06-2007, 04:33 AM
OK....I cleaned it up a bit and moved a few things around....far from finished but will be eventually paired up with a harder track

Link's still the same...

BloodStar
16-06-2007, 05:18 PM
see below :-)

BloodStar
16-06-2007, 05:19 PM
welcome to the board mate. I am liking the track, really nice mood in there. nice squelchy bass, and also those pads sound sweet,. good good. maybe you can add some random sounds here and there or some new sounds to enhance the sections. production part of thing will need some work imo as now it sounds like it is all mixed way too to the lows. i am missing some more air and clarity in the highend. some sparkling hihats or some himids percs could help. other than that, nice welcome track from you. cheers.

BDC
19-06-2007, 12:37 AM
hey thanks for the feedback Blood Star...and yes I've made some changes to this track since I reposted the second version. I'll follow up with this one in a few days...I've been working on others that might sound a little better.

force
19-06-2007, 11:53 AM
Hey, nice work mate.

Nice and chunky, rhythmic but chilled.

I've no production advice cos you seem to have nailed it mate

Welcome to BOA dude!

MARK ANXIOUS
12-07-2007, 06:39 PM
shit i'm really loving your stuff. needs to feel sparklier on the top though this one. it would really come alive if it was. hmmm perhaps mastering might sort this one out rather than redoing the elements???

Alphajuno
13-07-2007, 11:10 AM
I really like your style. Its quite different. As mark said the top end is pretty non existent for me.

The drums could also do with a little more defination between the different elements.

Keep us updated!

BDC
18-07-2007, 12:49 AM
Thanks guys!!!

I appreciate the feedback.

Its been quite some time since I've made any new tracks and its taking me a little bit to get my bearings straight on the software I'm using, and I'm continuing to gather more sounds, and plugins and whatnot ...but I'm slowly getting to the point where I'm feeling a little better about some of the ideas I've been coming up with.

You'll be hearing more out of me in the coming months...hopefully things will continue to progress...

to read some of the nice comments definitely is encouraging....

I guess the ol producer cap still fits...for now...haha!

278d7e64a374de26f==