PDA

View Full Version : z3ta+

Ian R
06-06-2007, 09:22 PM
It's about time I learned a synth! After reading through different forums I've installed z3ta+.
Just wondering if anyone knows if there's any tutotials or vids floating about on the net. It's my first time on a synth and it all seems a bit daunting:help:

p_brane
06-06-2007, 11:30 PM
i'm not sure bout tutorials, you should be able to find them on the net.

it depends what sort of sound your after,

but personally i'd be looking at absynth.

it rocks my world.

TechMouse
07-06-2007, 09:58 AM
Absynth probably isn't a good place to start if you're trying to learn synthesis.

Too many options.

I'd start with something really simple.

rhythmtech
07-06-2007, 10:27 AM
like he ^^ said

try one of the analog emulators like native instruments pro-53

its a great place to start and offers most of the sounds that you'll need for techno and trance.

z3ta+ is a great synth but there are a lot of routing possibilitiess that can make it seem daunting to a beginner. its far to easy to just come out with generic trance sounds on it if you dont delve into what it can do.

RDR
07-06-2007, 11:54 AM
Get a cheap hardware synth like the kstation and learn hands on.

TechMouse
07-06-2007, 11:57 AM
Get a cheap hardware synth like the kstation and learn hands on.
Or if you def. want to go the plugin route, get V-Station.

Ian R
07-06-2007, 08:54 PM
Cool, thanks for that!
I'm glad people have said that Zeta is tricky for learners and it's not just me being thick!
I've heard people mention "Rob Papen's Blue" and "Predator" are good for entry-level people, has anyone used them?

BloodStar
08-06-2007, 07:40 AM
All Rob Papen's stuff is great, imo. personally I am more into Predator, great synth that. I think if you get some V/A synth it will be easy enough to start and then you can move forward on more hard-to-understand type of synths.. check http://www.kvraudio.com/get/1449.html

RDR
08-06-2007, 07:44 AM
Cool, thanks for that!
I'm glad people have said that Zeta is tricky for learners and it's not just me being thick!
I've heard people mention "Rob Papen's Blue" and "Predator" are good for entry-level people, has anyone used them?

They are great sounding synths but not good for learning, honestly the v-station will give you the control you need to learn.

Keep it basic otherwise your head is just going to get in over your head and learnn nothing.

RDR
08-06-2007, 07:45 AM
one of the other ways to learn is to get two DIFFERENT soft synths and copy the patch from one to another to listen to how the sound comes together.

Ian R
14-06-2007, 09:52 PM
Or if you def. want to go the plugin route, get V-Station.

Sounds like a plan!
Is this free by the way? If so, does ayone know of a link to a downloadable version?

danielmarshall
15-06-2007, 01:13 PM
No V-Station is a commercial plugin by Novation but it does give you a very solid foundation on doing subtractive synthesis, plus it sound really good. It's not all that expensive, and interfaces fantastically with the Novation SL Remote controllers. Worth the $s

z3ta comes with a really compreshensive manual and is a really flexible plugin. Next to NI Massive it's my favorite virtual instrument.

All 3 are worth having, but V-Station should be your first port of call in my opinion.

278d7e64a374de26f==