PDA

View Full Version : Crime 01: Cheerleaders Remixed: OUT NOV 03

Willy_Wonka
16-11-2003, 06:58 PM
After much preparation we are pleased to annouce the launch of the Crime label. First up on the release schedule is Michael Forshaw - Cheerleaders Remixed.

After the critical acclaim of Michael Forshaw's Cheerleaders from Semi Automatic 03 in 2002. Crime jumps into the action with four new flavours of one of the biggest techno/electro cuts of last year.

Leading the way, Noodles main man and Novamute artist Si Begg drops a bass heavy, funked up mix, guaranteed to set breaks floors alight. Chicago’s DJ Urban (Kne’ Deep/Public Housing) gives us a big room techno vibe, with a burbling acidic bassline…

On the flip "American in Berlin" Bill Youngman (Scandinavia/DC Recordings) dishes out some breakcore mayhem. Finally, Crime main man Mark Hawkins (Djax/Uglyfunk) pays his respects with a ruffer mix, staying true to the grungy, messed up Forshaw sound.

Four new mixes, four different sounds, all sure to smash up the dancefloor…

Click here (http://www.pure-filth.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/crime-productions/mp3/crime01_sampler.mp3) for an audio sampler of Cheerleaders Remixed.

Check the website for further details and forthcoming releases.
http://www.crime-productions.com

Crime is distributed by Just Music
http://www.just-music.com
+44 (0) 208 525 4744

Coming Jan '04: Mark Hawkins - Persistent Re-Offender EP

professor
16-11-2003, 07:15 PM
Mark Hawkins tracks are the "shuzshizulnitszul"
(I think translated that means "the dogs bollox")

ampassasinbirmingham
16-11-2003, 07:26 PM
cant wait

ampassasinbirmingham
16-11-2003, 07:26 PM
crime is going to caine it. I really hope this label does extremeley well!

All the best.

ampassasinbirmingham
16-11-2003, 07:30 PM
need to see hawkins or foreshaw in birmingham:(:(

lunatrick
16-11-2003, 07:49 PM
need to see hawkins or foreshaw in birmingham:(:(

shouldn't be too difficult - we've had them both this year, and they've both rocked!!.....would atomic jam book this kind of artist? probably more likely HOG I guess....I'm sure they both have probably played Birmingham.....

ampassasinbirmingham
16-11-2003, 10:40 PM
deffo the HOG:)

the jam wouldnt condone that sorta noise;)

crime
17-11-2003, 10:21 AM
Both myself and michael have played the HOG before, would love to return....
we just played live back to back for the first time in belgium on saturday, with myself on the boxes and forshaw on the mike, I think we'll be touring this live act some more over the next year...

Patrick
17-11-2003, 11:24 AM
Yeah, good luck boys ! Although having heard the tracks, this release ain't going to need luck. It should be walking out the stores. ;)

Tony
17-11-2003, 12:51 PM
go crime!! i always thought the cheerleaders track was a bit of an outstanding track on the semi release.
also got a cdr of your future tonewrecker release. nicely does it. that label should also be hot in the near future.

Methodixxx
18-11-2003, 02:47 AM
Noice won Mark! I'm digging the sample posted above ;)

matt303
18-11-2003, 07:09 PM
the persistant re offender tune is the nuts.

Willy_Wonka
26-11-2003, 07:41 PM
the persistant re offender tune is the nuts.

Its worth noting that the audio samples are a cut together, skipping the needle across the record, like you would in the shop, style sampler and represents a bit of all four of the tunes...

Hope that doesn't quell your enthusiasm for the record...

Crime 01 is out btw and available at Trackheads in London, and other record shops very soon...

http://www.trackheads.co.uk

jonnyspeed
26-11-2003, 08:56 PM
Good luck...

I think you need a longer sample or make better use of the 2 minutes by not using 1.45 up with a break beat intro. If I hadn't skipped to the end 20 seconds I would have never known there was about 5 seconds of techno to listen to. woooo!

;)

Willy_Wonka
27-11-2003, 07:05 PM
Good luck...

I think you need a longer sample or make better use of the 2 minutes by not using 1.45 up with a break beat intro. If I hadn't skipped to the end 20 seconds I would have never known there was about 5 seconds of techno to listen to. woooo!

;)

Well, its funny that you should say that, there's approx 33 secs of Si Begg's mix, which is breaky in a true Si Begg style, then there's nearly 30secs of the DJ Urban mix which is the kickin' 4 to the floor techno mix, then 30 secs of Youngman's Breakcore mix, followed by the Mark Hawkins mix.

You must have dropped off during Urban's hard club mix... I know the irony isn't lost on me :-)

278d7e64a374de26f==