PDA

View Full Version : raw 37

Aratron
10-06-2007, 03:01 PM
absolute garbage?

rhythmtech
10-06-2007, 03:11 PM
i like the funkier side with the squelchy acid line.. not to keen on the other side though

Aratron
10-06-2007, 03:13 PM
i like the funkier side with the squelchy acid line.. not to keen on the other side though

innit, im struggling with both sides.

i've got a big box of records here , i've borrowed off a mate, tons of raw and raw remixes, some of it is great - but raw 37 takes the piss.

10-06-2007, 04:13 PM
absolute garbage?

i have to admit that i like this one...it is very funny tune

Aratron
10-06-2007, 09:02 PM
i have to admit that i like this one...it is very funny tune

you need professional help

christian wagner
10-06-2007, 09:21 PM
I like it!!! Really good mixdown too!

conor256
13-06-2007, 01:08 PM
if its the one that samples afroman then i really like it - both sides........

hard to beat a bit of afroman!!!!

Aratron
13-06-2007, 08:20 PM
if its the one that samples afroman then i really like it - both sides........

hard to beat a bit of afroman!!!!

well it was my personal line in the sand.

i'm into acid techno guys, not poncy bullshit

13-06-2007, 08:56 PM
you need professional help

we all need professional help...

Aratron
13-06-2007, 10:27 PM
we all need professional help...

innit:laughing:

christian wagner
14-06-2007, 09:23 AM
Changed my mind, i thought you were on about RAW 39

Raw 37 is ok, but abit long winded for my liking, should be half the time it is.

Aratron
14-06-2007, 05:38 PM
Changed my mind, i thought you were on about RAW 39

Raw 37 is ok, but abit long winded for my liking, should be half the time it is.

good lad.

pat_mcgerkin
15-06-2007, 01:52 AM
Meh, I've not bought a raw tune since number 32.
Liked quite a few of the earlier ones, but it often seems like they're all basically the same drum pattern with a different sample over the top.

Si the Sigh
15-06-2007, 07:23 AM
Yep.

What started as a good label had run it's course by number 10. Can't believe this lebels still going, and they sacked off Highwire and Hazchem...

Sad really...

Aratron
15-06-2007, 07:32 AM
Yep.

What started as a good label had run it's course by number 10. Can't believe this lebels still going, and they sacked off Highwire and Hazchem...

Sad really...

highwire rocks although it too became a joke towards the end. alas

Si the Sigh
15-06-2007, 08:02 AM
Yea, true I suppose.

pat_mcgerkin
16-06-2007, 05:44 AM
Yep.

Sad really...

I'd give it a little longer than that - Raw 12, 13 and 14 are kick arse tunes IMO.

Looking at RAW, highwire and hazchem, the problem seems to be a lot of labels in the SUF collective are built around a single idea. So, instead of a handful of labels with consistently good but also varied output, you get a heap of varied labels with a handful of good releases that soon lapse into tired, formuliac tracks put out just because it's time for said label to release another tune.

Well, that's my 2c anyway.

rhythmtech
16-06-2007, 09:47 AM
i dont think hazchem was ever "sacked off". i know dave has been talking a while about getting things going again, i think other things were just in the way of it.

Aratron
16-06-2007, 10:05 AM
i dont think hazchem was ever "sacked off". i know dave has been talking a while about getting things going again, i think other things were just in the way of it.

'dave'?? lol

so when are the two of you collaborating then?

start a new label Irish Mist

rhythmtech
16-06-2007, 10:25 AM
'dave'?? lol

so when are the two of you collaborating then?

start a new label Irish Mist

you think the guy hasnt got a name?

Aratron
16-06-2007, 11:18 AM

yeah i know he is called Dave. im just referring to the fact that you are on first name terms with him , jeezzus. lucky you innit

APC
16-06-2007, 01:36 PM

Yeah, it's henry innit ;)

APC
16-06-2007, 01:42 PM
Also, RE: Highwire being a joke towards then end: what was wrong with then towards the end? I found them all really good apart from maybe one or two of them. Unless there are any particular new ideas for the label I think it should be left with no more releases.

Would be interesting to hear more from Hazchem though.

Biggest RAW disappointments: RAW36.... one of the tunes is alright until the drop when there is the most annoying, cheap casio keyboard sounding din. Also... the sound quality of 'Ave Some Of That You Wankers' was poor, presumably because of the double siding of the tunes. Pity though as I really enjoyed the tunes just on vinyl they lack the depth of vinyl with one tune per side.

rhythmtech
17-06-2007, 04:48 AM
yeah i know he is called Dave. im just referring to the fact that you are on first name terms with him , jeezzus. lucky you innit

yeah actually it is lucky. he's a good guy and its always good to meet good people. that a problem?

Aratron
17-06-2007, 10:04 AM
yeah actually it is lucky. he's a good guy and its always good to meet good people. that a problem?

not a problem to me. stop looking for arguments.

rhythmtech
17-06-2007, 03:05 PM

^^ thats looking for an arguement.. always throwing stupid comments around arent you.. ever think of putting your brain in gear b4 you speak?

lunatrick
17-06-2007, 04:41 PM
I'm not a big fan of Raw - but to all the haters - if you don't like it stop wasting energy on slagging it - just F8ck off somewhere else where you like the music

My Gran used to say 'if you haven't got anything good to say don't say anything' - wise words......

Aratron
17-06-2007, 05:35 PM
^^ thats looking for an arguement.. always throwing stupid comments around arent you.. ever think of putting your brain in gear b4 you speak?

your really paranoid mate. honestly.

about time you face up to that.

Aratron
17-06-2007, 05:36 PM
I'm not a big fan of Raw - but to all the haters - if you don't like it stop wasting energy on slagging it - just F8ck off somewhere else where you like the music

My Gran used to say 'if you haven't got anything good to say don't say anything' - wise words......

yeah but your Gran isn't a fan of acid techno.

people should eb able to say what they want to really.

i say lotsa positive stuff and perhaps negative stuff. whats the big deal?

christian wagner
17-06-2007, 10:37 PM
APC - What side of Raw 36 did you mean?? i personally thought the B-side was pretty wicked, with them guitar riffs, and that huge loud brass synth :D

the RAW36 Remis is FAT tho, dont care what anyone says, i played it out other week and it went off :D

Stop fighting!!! its making me upset and wanting to cry!!!

rhythmtech
18-06-2007, 11:52 AM
your really paranoid mate. honestly.

about time you face up to that.

not at all m8. you're just an asshole.

rhythmtech
18-06-2007, 11:53 AM
yeah but your Gran isn't a fan of acid techno.

people should eb able to say what they want to really.

i say lotsa positive stuff and perhaps negative stuff. whats the big deal?

the big deal is that you make comments without engaging your small brain.. ie "davethedrummer sold out the acid techno scene"

APC
18-06-2007, 01:52 PM
APC - What side of Raw 36 did you mean?? i personally thought the B-side was pretty wicked, with them guitar riffs, and that huge loud brass synth :D

I will double check it was 36. I don't own many RAW's in the 30's but this one I am thinking of starts of SOOO good then after the break makes me cry with sadness.

Aratron
18-06-2007, 06:08 PM
the big deal is that you make comments without engaging your small brain.. ie "davethedrummer sold out the acid techno scene"

well if he hasn't - no-one needs to be concerned about it. least of all you.

Aratron
18-06-2007, 06:09 PM
not at all m8. you're just an asshole.

takes one to know one:;

pat_mcgerkin
21-06-2007, 05:53 AM
Also, RE: Highwire being a joke towards then end: what was wrong with then towards the end? I found them all really good apart from maybe one or two of them. Unless there are any particular new ideas for the label I think it should be left with no more releases.

I wouldn't go so far as to say it became a joke, but as with RAW, it got a bit samey - to me a lot of the tracks sorta felt like the same basic tune with different dub/reggae samples over the top.

Stop fighting!!! its making me upset and wanting to cry!!!

Hey, at least there's a bit of action in the acid forum now ;)

Oh, wow, if those words are so fvcking wise, why don't you put them into practice yourself? If you don't like what I'm saying, don't waste your energy complaining about it - ignore it and shut up, or fvck off somewhere else where I'm not saying it, you filthy hypocrite.

I do "like the music" - I love acid and I'm posting in the acid forum. It so happens that I don't think much of recent RAW releases, which I don't consider to be acid techno anyway, but rather techno, as there is no acid in it.

I don't think I'm hating on the label, or slagging it off, just expressing an opinion, and a fair, even handed one at that, IMO. As I said, I think there's been some great releases on the label, but recently have not been as good and I've stopped buying them. What's wrong with that?

xes
21-06-2007, 08:33 AM
yeah,I agree,RAW is definatly not acid techno.

And I'm not a big fan of the label either,I mean,I buy some of them,cos as a techno label it's ok,some hard as f*ck tunes come out on it. But I'm not a collecter per sey,as it's not what I'm looking for when I go out shopping.

christian wagner
21-06-2007, 09:32 AM
Thing is...ok some were total gashness, but i thinj Guy has even realised this, which is why the ones of late have been much much better.
wish he would chance that trademark percussion though, that IS gettin tired.

hypothalamus
21-06-2007, 08:25 PM
last couple of raws have been great 38 and 39 are sweet. have to say i didnt bother with 37 though. gotta f uckin laugh at you bitches!! haha...

some people call it acid techno only because it all comes under the umbrella from the same camp, i call it london techno.... now bitch about that!

xes
21-06-2007, 09:06 PM
too many ****ing sub genres. Chin scratching cunts!! :laughing:

hhhmmm yes,my genre is more chin scratchy than yours :cheese:

pat_mcgerkin
22-06-2007, 12:24 AM
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d22/pickled_gerkin/chinstroker2.gif

lunatrick
22-06-2007, 06:58 AM
Oh, wow, if those words are so fvcking wise, why don't you put them into practice yourself? If you don't like what I'm saying, don't waste your energy complaining about it - ignore it and shut up, or fvck off somewhere else where I'm not saying it, you filthy hypocrite.

bit over the top dullard - still trollmonkey see trollmonkey do....

pat_mcgerkin
23-06-2007, 06:27 AM
bit over the top dullard - still trollmonkey see trollmonkey do....

:laughing: Over the top, yes, but true nonetheless. That's why you need to resort to childish name calling in response.

lunatrick
23-06-2007, 12:16 PM
'filthy hypocrite'

almost biblical really

I'm touched by the deep sense of your distaste - let us pray brother.

Aratron
23-06-2007, 12:36 PM
'filthy hypocrite'

almost biblical really

I'm touched by the deep sense of your distaste - let us pray brother.

lets pray to the god acid techno

278d7e64a374de26f==