PDA

View Full Version : birth of a monster!

p_brane
11-06-2007, 10:14 AM
new track.

dark,minimal, rolling.

any feedback appreciated!

cheers

clicky here (http://www.sendspace.com/file/cvz4ei)

loopdon
11-06-2007, 06:37 PM
Sorry, the free service is at full capacity.

p_brane
11-06-2007, 07:06 PM
damn sendspace

give this one a try

here (http://www.orbitfiles.com/download/pbrane)

Radic
12-06-2007, 10:51 AM
a bit loopy for me. i'd like to c some variation somewhere even if its a few basic edits to the drums. I'd also put a few of your sounds in mono to clear up the mix a bit :)

BRADLEE
13-06-2007, 07:17 PM
yeah I think it's a nice driver too amigo. As mentioned by Radic, just some more edits to the drumwork I'd say. Maybe the kick could be slightly heavier too, but I'm just in the phones, so it's hard for me to tell. I've got those ear buds which go in my ear canal...so it's not always the most accurate reference.

p_brane
13-06-2007, 07:52 PM
cheers for the feed back guys.

you probably guessed by now that edits aren't my strong point.

working on a live thing at the moment, so just want suttle changes in the tracks so i can get super frantic live.

sorted the kick out though. the bass loop was engulfing it a little.

xfive
15-06-2007, 11:36 PM
Whelp aside from putting in some more arrangement work as you said,
Try thickening up your midrange a bit. Everything between the highs and the lows seems very thin and makes the track fairly unbalanced to listen to.
Haven't heard what your fixed kick sounds like, but it could definitely use a bit more top end punch there.. its kinda "thuddy" at the mo.

p_brane
16-06-2007, 10:45 AM
Try thickening up your midrange a bit. Everything between the highs and the lows seems very thin and makes the track fairly unbalanced to listen to.

yeh i agree man. the highs are a little overwhelming also.

i tend to get really carried away pushing those highs up.

cheers for the feedback xfive...

will leave this one for a while and come back to it with a fresh head on.

BloodStar
16-06-2007, 04:26 PM
quite nice track, mate. i am liking the background atmos and that little voice snippet sounds nice aswel. production part of thing will need some work imo. The kick sounds bit boomy on my speakers and also there is not enough going on in the mids,.I think adding some mid range groove can add more punch and give benefitz to the high end. Track needs better balance frequency wise, as xfive said.

p_brane
16-06-2007, 11:19 PM
cheers for the feedback bloodstar..

all comments noted.:)

The Overfiend
17-06-2007, 01:18 AM
I really like the shuffle you have going on here, it gets a bit loopy after a while, but that could be easily fixed with a broader buldup and some edits to the changes, but my real suggestion would be to add some punch to the kick and variation to the atmosphere in the background a climactic effect into a transition would fit this track nice. After the break add a punchier perc in ther to let them know the shits really gonna hit the fan now. Otherwise the idea is all there so far man.

p_brane
17-06-2007, 11:12 AM
cheers for the feedback sam:)

i might try a nice buildup in the atmospherics, that would be dope.

MARK ANXIOUS
12-07-2007, 06:43 PM
totally into this. it's just that sub. it's waaaaaay to loud. i feel like my whole studio is gonna collapse hahahah lol. just back that off mate a little and you'll be done. this has HUGE potential. a1 material for sure.

in fact, i really think you're so close in general man. everything you're posting up is nearly there. the potential in your music is massive. pleasse keep going mate, you're sooooo close. :cool:

p_brane
12-07-2007, 06:46 PM
cheers man i'd completely forgotton bout this track, i might just go back to it and see what i can do

p_brane
13-07-2007, 08:41 AM
in fact, i really think you're so close in general man. everything you're posting up is nearly there. the potential in your music is massive. pleasse keep going mate, you're sooooo close. :cool:

cheers man. i really appreciate that comment. id say i've come a long way in the last 6 months.

it really helps getting feedback on here too man. sort of raises the bar and give you a goal.

there is some serious talent on here man

you'd laugh your socks off if i told ya what i was monitoring with.

gonna have to invest in some decent speakers i thinks if i want my production to hit the spot:;

278d7e64a374de26f==