PDA

View Full Version : List your new favorite artists

Dustin Zahn
09-01-2003, 08:57 AM
Who do you think has really come around in the past year...or who do you think will come out of the shadows this year? I'm curious.

MARKEG
09-01-2003, 09:02 AM
hey dustin!

there was actually a very similar post to this when we first started the board:

http://www.blackoutaudio.co.uk/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=69&sid=7c05085cfab9606b1d68f9bdc84 dc40f

anyone got any other suggestions?

Adverse
09-01-2003, 12:37 PM
forgive me for remarking.. but that picture of you dustin looks pretty snooty.

erm anyways.. i tell you, i was talking to dean rodell just the other day watch out for this man he's got some serious business in 2003!!!!

gosh no one even knows where mark and chrissi are going to go this year but i bet on them too.

also like these new swedish boys archae and grovskopa from emergence. gunjack is seriously crankin some brave and coarse tunes too.

KEVIL
09-01-2003, 12:50 PM
What ever happen to Tony Thomas? He seems to be pumping out only Tech House these days, not that it aint bad music. I really enjoyed Tony's earlier stuff on Red Frame and Advanced, quite intense techno actually. The remix of Time and Space on Telepathy by Fenton was another great track. God, hasn't Fenton really discovered his softer side, good luck to him. There were quite a few techno artists and labels that went missing in action last year.

I'm a huge fan of Lars Klein atm. I've sorta follwed him since his earlier tribal stuff on touch tone and the like and he really progressed into making some peak time tracks.

lunatrick
09-01-2003, 01:00 PM
Yeah Tony Thomas is more on a tech-house tip at the moment, personally I think this is good thing as the only techno I've heard from him I never used to buy, whereas his last release on sondos was nice dubby tribal tech house.

For my money two producers I like that I think have emerged lately are daniel vigorito and dez williams...

MARKEG
09-01-2003, 01:22 PM
Yes, Daniel Vigorito!

I met him on New Years Day in Belgrade. What a really sound guy...

I love his sound - that new Scene thing is amazing.

Esox Lucius
09-01-2003, 01:27 PM
vigorito
ade fenton
gunjack
paul langley
paul mac
kalpa
rue east (best techno producers imho)
mike grant
rob hood (still producing amazing tracks)

Dustin Zahn
09-01-2003, 06:34 PM
forgive me for remarking.. but that picture of you dustin looks pretty snooty.

:) That was the whole point of the pic. It was basically taking the piss on the typical "serious" techno pictures of artists out there. Guess you have to know me. I'll list some upcommers shortly. I just woke up.

gunjack
09-01-2003, 06:46 PM
hey guys. thanx for praising me in public, heh 8)

DJPAUZE
09-01-2003, 07:33 PM
hey guys
ill have to say

Vigorito will take the cake, hes putting out tracks like no, and they are all Quality, not my cup of tea but good for his genre.
I can see Dean Rodell and Jason Swales doing some wicked stuff this year
I am scared to think of what Mark EG and Chrissi will come up with for the new year, the quality gets better by every new release.
I also think that pounding grooves might do some hot stuff, Henry Cullen was telling me that Lawrie is coming out with a new label that will be even harder then Pounding Grooves and he says the material is just vicious.

Peace
Pauze :twisted:

anx
09-01-2003, 08:44 PM
i cant wait till Lawries new lable comes out
he is one of my favorite producers

Lars Klien (i heard that he is also known as RedHead..)
Danilo V
Henrik B
Mark and Chrissy
Henry Cullen

a whole bunch more that i cant think of...

ix-tapa
09-01-2003, 10:34 PM
:?
Gardel perhaps...new track off P.R is solid.
older stuff off Unknown Forces was not bad either.

eyes without a face
09-01-2003, 10:37 PM
Viper XXL
Dezzy Williams
Henrik B
Lenk
Paul Mac
65D Mavericks

and hopefully Mark will continue to further his techno career!

anx
10-01-2003, 12:40 AM

and who are you?

Dustin Zahn
10-01-2003, 12:49 AM
Lars Klien (i heard that he is also known as RedHead..)
Henrik B

Lars Klein and Redhead are two totally seperate people. You saw that on a website or press sheet didn't you? Redhead's real name is Steve. Henrik B has been around for years...but he certainly does rock.

best new talent:
par grindvik, hertz, vigorito (how f'n obvious), tom hades, tobias von hoftsen, anxious, lars klein, preach, and those other wankers.

DJ Weiss
10-01-2003, 01:51 AM
Sterling Moss.... ****ing amazing hard Techno DJ...

or our very own DJ JM... Remember when Mark played down Calm, and JM did the last set.. Mark was just dancing around like a nutter for about a hour... ****ing quality night

JACKSTAR
10-01-2003, 03:00 AM
Sticking to the original subject of good up & coming talent we are spoilt for choice as i've heard & seen in the last couple years some amazing new producers & DJs.
DJ Amok - wickd producer (not heard him dj)
Sven Wittekind - wickd producer too.
DJ Bam Bam - one of the best producers ever if not the best and a awesome DJ
Torsten Kanzler - Bangin' producer and top DJ.
Mario Ranieri - Bang's the records out hard as you like and one to watch out for.
DJ Nehpets - without a doudt the best ghetto-tech producer from Chicago and badass dj too, produced his 1st record for UC when he was 14, now in his early 20's his production is slick and tough.

That's about all I can remember at 2am.

P.

www.paullangley.net

www.jackstar-recordings.com

gunjack
10-01-2003, 03:28 AM

and who are you?

that is the question we all grapple with. "who am i?"

anx
10-01-2003, 06:34 AM
ok never mind then my short attention span has caused me to not care anymore. 8)

gunjack
10-01-2003, 06:44 AM
http://www.ianai.net/jokes/forumpix/NooneGivesASHit.jpg

Adverse
10-01-2003, 06:52 AM
heeeeeeeee heeeeeeeeeeee !

KEVIL
10-01-2003, 07:15 AM
I forgot to mention Ted Bjorling and Robert Natis. Ted hasn't released much over the past year but his productions are quite full sounding.

Danilo is a genius, his tracks always sound so crisp and alive.

Adverse
10-01-2003, 07:38 AM
i disagree only cause i find there to be no variation whatsoever in italian or naples techno. the last time i enjoyed some italian techno was marco's zenit (confusion track)

anx
10-01-2003, 05:57 PM
http://www.ianai.net/jokes/forumpix/NooneGivesASHit.jpg

exactly

gunjack
10-01-2003, 06:23 PM
http://www.gamerz232.org/images/masters.jpg

Buttman
05-03-2003, 04:41 AM
Reeko!!

Dustin Zahn
05-03-2003, 04:43 AM
Reeko!!

most definetely!!!!

gunjack
06-03-2003, 01:12 PM
i got a really good demo from reeko so look out, i am gonna try and put some of his stuff out............... hey buttman, you are my hairless bitch. smile, at least you are loved 8)

TripleX
06-03-2003, 02:47 PM
1. Sven Wittekind
1. Dj Amok
3. Dean Rodell
4. Robert Natus
5. ????

278d7e64a374de26f==