PDA

View Full Version : davethedrummer review of damaged trax 001

rhythmtech
18-06-2007, 12:39 PM
Taken from www.davethedrummer.co.uk (http://www.davethedrummer.co.uk)

Rhythm technologies and Various artists , Damaged Trax 001
A great first release here from the Damaged Trax label. , Barry from Rhythm Technologies is the label boss here and he seems to be on a mission to unite the global techno scene , good man!
OK …4 trax , Alex Calver's first ( on my computer , don't know what the order is on the vinyl )
really nice track!! Pounding but atmospheric , not schranzy at all , almost Hydraulix-ish in a way , love the percussive noise with the echo effect idea and the drops just bring that beat back even better every time!!
Concrete Djz get in there with a relentless stripped down beat and an almost max min synth , similar to their mastertraxx release , love it !!
finally Rhythm Tech gets his hands dirty with 2 of his own numbers , "First Run" has a slightly housey chug to the groove , with a dirty synth wild pitching it all over the place and a great drop , great production here , nice and crisp.
"Just don't Fight it" again has the dirty synth , but a bit more a punctuated groove to it giving it a bit more of a heads down feel in general. Very playable , I'm sure once the record is out it'll be caned by all the usual suspects including me I expect.
Miss this and tread on your sisters hamster.

:cool: :cheese:

dan the acid man
18-06-2007, 01:48 PM
I don't speak to my sister but she's not got a hamster anyway:whoops: :laughing:

ching
01-07-2007, 03:14 AM
what can i say,your review says it all.#1 for tecno in ireland!!!!!

rhythmtech
01-07-2007, 03:19 AM
yo ching my man!!!!

when you and your missus comin up here?

we need to send the girls out and get some noise goin in the studio!!!

dan the acid man
02-07-2007, 03:54 AM
Just need to add on a serious note, i always loved Alex Calver on his more funky techno sounds, so im pleased to hear him on this one get back to that style

TripleB
02-07-2007, 02:05 PM
well dont B lad thats an ace review mate:) spot on!
cant w8 to get me a copy:)
all the best B -
BBB

278d7e64a374de26f==