PDA

View Full Version : Brandon DeCarlo "False Pretenses" v.1

BDC
19-06-2007, 12:48 AM
...as if any track is ever "finished"...this one certainly isnt, but I put together this idea over the weekend and was hoping for some feedback.

Its a more straightforward/melodic thing happening...other elements and editing will be made over the next few days..

http://www.brandondecarlo.com/bdc-false-pretenses.mp3

Radic
20-06-2007, 03:37 AM
no offence mate but i find it hard to review a track when you yourself know that it's not even finished. I may propose an idea that you may already have planned to do in the future that i don't know about if u get my drift. I think finishing off tracks is the hardest part of the whole song process and that's where the real problems arise. My 2 cents anyhow and i look forward to reviewing your finished tracks in the future (please don't hit me) :D

BDC
20-06-2007, 04:00 AM
none taken..I can see your point.

...its been a long time since I started making tracks again and I'm anxious to hear some constructive feedback...and have heard some from others which I appreciate.
I dont think its too much to ask to check out a few seconds of a track to see what we're all up to. And by announcing that it isnt finished yet, it only shows my sincerity in listening to the feedback given...

:)

BRADLEE
20-06-2007, 05:13 PM
Really enjoying it thus far Brandon. I quite like the chilled atmosphere with the mix of industrial styled percussion and bassline. Just some more edits and such...then I think she's done. (You know, couple little pattern variations and maybe some little durm filters or something simple like that.)

BDC
21-06-2007, 12:04 AM
Hey thanks Brad...

and YES we are going to get together to lay some beats down...I'm just trying to pool some ideas together...gimme a couple of more weeks...

in the meantime...I plan on doing exactly what you recommended...

glad you enjoyed it homie...

MARK ANXIOUS
12-07-2007, 06:35 PM
the ideas are superb in this. it's so close to ready. it's just the mixdown i think. i cant quite put my finger on it but my instinct is telling me bottom end, specifically the kick. it's a bit knocky. try to take that knockyness out and make it warmer!!!! perhaps try some different kicsk too??? :)

BDC
18-07-2007, 01:05 AM
the ideas are superb in this. it's so close to ready. it's just the mixdown i think. i cant quite put my finger on it but my instinct is telling me bottom end, specifically the kick. it's a bit knocky. try to take that knockyness out and make it warmer!!!! perhaps try some different kicsk too??? :)

Thanks Mark!

I agree 100% on the bottom end...I'm going to try out some different kicks in there for sure!

I really appreciate the feedback!!!

I'll work on the changes and will re post the next version soon!!!

stjohn
18-07-2007, 02:27 PM
yea i agree with mark... get a nice subb in there and the track will warm up nicely... with the synt h that comes in around 2 mins... it seems a bit dry.. so id maybe experiment with some werid reverb effects!!

i really like the feel too.. spliff techno... you could really go too town with the general 'air' of the tune too.. some really washy synth action with another synth tying up the transitions would work really well too

some lovely deep techno....:;

@ radic.. i always post unfinsihed tracks up... nothing liek an extra ear to help with your direction when uve hit a wall with your track!!

278d7e64a374de26f==