PDA

View Full Version : Ibiza Is Minimal Crazy.

jon connor
19-06-2007, 03:23 PM
Right guys there is sum shit going down ere hahahaha minimal techno has completly taken over ibiza , ive spoken to people everywhere that were into totaly diffrent stuff even a hard style trance dj i no from back in wales i met up with have been totally converted hahahahah! wot the hell ? ive spoken with loads of guys that even never heard of minimal before they came to ibiza its mental. but however most of the guys and workers here i meet are from leeds and they completly love it beeing from leeds you probably are born and bread techno anyway and as i have yet to meet a worker on this island who aint from leeds i guess its staying this way hahahahah.

minimal techno 125 bpm ibiza loves it.

basslinejunkie
19-06-2007, 03:40 PM
ibiza an minimal are like butter and bread. the cool music for the people on the cool island.

Frank Dogshit
19-06-2007, 08:53 PM
its all you hear out there thesedays....went berzerk about end of 2003

la communidad at space is the only real good solid pounder night on out there at the moment. theyve got rachmad,reeko,pacou playing there this year.

carl cox's night bored the shit out of me,never heard so much cheese in my whole life.

RDR
19-06-2007, 10:17 PM
Interesting.

Radic
20-06-2007, 03:42 AM
good to hear :)

Radic
20-06-2007, 03:44 AM
and u know what's gonna happen a few years down the track, people will be lovin the tekkier sounds but the 126bpm will increase over time and 136bpm techno will take over followed by 145bpm stuff then revert back to 126bpm.....etc

jon connor
20-06-2007, 01:43 PM
and u know what's gonna happen a few years down the track, people will be lovin the tekkier sounds but the 126bpm will increase over time and 136bpm techno will take over followed by 145bpm stuff then revert back to 126bpm.....etc

hmmmm yes sir i see the pattern ever rolling techno ................

markandrew
20-06-2007, 07:12 PM
at the moment warm up set are peak time sets over there will change in time :)

kai
21-06-2007, 01:29 PM
Ibiza's always been pish, its just minimal pish now instead of housey trancey pish lol

Saying that - the line between 126BPM minimal pish and housey pish isn't exactly thick is it!

...Dave...
21-06-2007, 03:40 PM
I

Saying that - the line between 126BPM minimal pish and housey pish isn't exactly thick is it!

what a great line it is to be ballancing on though.:cheese:

house without techno is wank
techno without house is shite.

winner IMO

kai
21-06-2007, 05:54 PM
To me its just Ibiza being Ibiza and doing what its always done - playing whatever's the 'in' thing - and at the mo thats the whole miminal techno / tech-house / electro house area thats the 'cool' thing.

To me, all the minimal explosion into the mainstream has done is weaken techno as a succession of DJ's, producers and nights move towards minimal and ditch the harder stuff - shite imo.

More dark, hard, industrial sounding pounders is what we need, being played in dirty underground clubs, not a techno scene that might as well be the f***in' house scene!

Tbf maybe I'm being a dinosaur and not recognising the fact that for techno to survive it has to be more commercially succesful and get the crowds back - and minimal has certainly achieved that - but whats the point in getting hte next wave of fly by night hip kids who'll latch onto something else next year listening to the sound if it alienates the existing techno fans to the point many can't be arsed to go out cos everywhere they look is the same minimal bollocks being played that they dont wanna listen too!!!!

Or is that just me???lol

Maybe I need to move abroad - or just find some decent nights prepared to pound out the hard techno and schranz and not compromise!

gunjack
21-06-2007, 09:38 PM
schranz is compromise

Frank Dogshit
21-06-2007, 10:18 PM
schranz doesnt exist.

gunjack
21-06-2007, 11:09 PM
so what is all this distorted 150 bpm crap i keep hearing at graduation parties?

dJpZ
22-06-2007, 02:29 AM
crazy, no doubt

dJpZ
22-06-2007, 02:33 AM
so what is all this distorted 150 bpm crap i keep hearing at graduation parties?

you mean as prruk 60 d1?

dJpZ
22-06-2007, 02:35 AM
nah will get this one fore sure ;)

djfilthmonger
22-06-2007, 09:25 AM
To me its just Ibiza being Ibiza and doing what its always done - playing whatever's the 'in' thing - and at the mo thats the whole miminal techno / tech-house / electro house area thats the 'cool' thing.

To me, all the minimal explosion into the mainstream has done is weaken techno as a succession of DJ's, producers and nights move towards minimal and ditch the harder stuff - shite imo.

More dark, hard, industrial sounding pounders is what we need, being played in dirty underground clubs, not a techno scene that might as well be the f***in' house scene!

Tbf maybe I'm being a dinosaur and not recognising the fact that for techno to survive it has to be more commercially succesful and get the crowds back - and minimal has certainly achieved that - but whats the point in getting hte next wave of fly by night hip kids who'll latch onto something else next year listening to the sound if it alienates the existing techno fans to the point many can't be arsed to go out cos everywhere they look is the same minimal bollocks being played that they dont wanna listen too!!!!

Or is that just me???lol

Maybe I need to move abroad - or just find some decent nights prepared to pound out the hard techno and schranz and not compromise!

agreed I like some minimal when im chilling at home but not a lot of it, when mixing or goin out to a club i want something you can dance to not, bop abt and float around.i dont know if its just me are does house music sound really cheesey

basslinejunkie
22-06-2007, 09:45 AM

thats the latest gunjack tune isnt it????? :D

nah seriously,when is some new material being realesed,or are you concentrating on other things at the mo??

Tiptoe
22-06-2007, 11:34 AM
a good techno night will cater for everyone's taste I think. start off with funky/minimal/electro'y stuff then build it up and progress as night goes on. If you had it 145+ from start and people knew your night was gonna be like that it would put a lot off and visa vera if they knew it was gonna be minimal electro all night that would also put a lot of people off.

kai
22-06-2007, 01:27 PM
True enough, but on a personal level I really dont wanna spend all night listening to tunes I really cant be arsed with to get to the hour or two at the end I'm actually going to enjoy and pay to see over half the night of tunes that bore me senseless - and I know a hell of a lot of people who are the same - unfortunately not enough to rely on them all being out at the same time to make a night financially viable, which is where the problem comes in.

Thing is though, as its very very rare to find a night that does cater purely for hard techno in this country, and most hard techno fans dont wanna listen to hours of minimal build-up before they get to the hard stuff, the whole harder end of techno as a scene has all but died imo, except for the very occasional night here and there. Maybe thats going a bit far - but it certainly feels like hard techno in the UK is on its last legs at the moment, annoyingly just as minimal is increasing the techno following and making techno are much bigger, more popular scene. I say annoyingly purely cos I'm sick of seeing flyers etc advertising techno and then getting nothing like what I want to hear! Its got to the point where its a case of presume the worst lol

So what are we left with - a larger techno scene for sure with the rise of minimal/electro into the mainstream, but also a scene thats basically morphed in large parts into what the house scene was a few years back and doesn't cater for the harder end anymore really - and thats not a scene I feel I can proud to be part of anymore, which makes me sad :-(

gunjack
22-06-2007, 09:06 PM
you mean as prruk 60 d1?

ya dood thats exactly what i mean. what you want a cookie?

gunjack
22-06-2007, 09:15 PM
thats the latest gunjack tune isnt it????? :D

nah seriously,when is some new material being realesed,or are you concentrating on other things at the mo??

yoooooo junkie good to see you again.i have been doing submissions, planet rhythm stuff etc (submissions 11, 13, 15 and 17 and planet 60 etc) but it is hardly what i have been concentrating on.

matt k and i have been working to launch a VERY INDEPENDENT label called OMERTA MUSIC.... the first two singles can be heard at www.myspace.com/omertamusicgroup i believe... we have been trying to get this record out for a while but omerta 001 and 002 havent come out yet because we are organizing our own network like UR or tresor.

this is going to be big.

i mean i was ready to f u c k off from techno about a year ago, doing glitch/experimental/hip hop/dub etc but matt pulled me back in and since then we have been under the "do it right or don't do it at all" filosofy.

what i mean is that omerta will not be just another triple lable or whatever, we have a sub label called HOODLUM which is SICK glitch/experimental etc. and
the main OMERTA imprint has dvds, vinyls, CDs and ringtones in the works!!!!

sme of our things will be available in walmart, best buy etc.

the idea is to get past this 1000 copy piddly niche market and blow some heads out

jon connor
22-06-2007, 10:00 PM
ok dudes lets get somthing sorted here , the minimal im hearing a lot of here is a sort of cross over with electro , im hearing it in tech trance also which is another set i play , electro sound has seemed to have found itsself in every style and to behonest guys some of the tracks im hearing are wikid, try the new marcel woods track get the kleanex tech trance producer but wot a wikid dance floor electro track its awsome dance floor material, then try a hard trance producer normaly but hey wot the hell is this a track called come with me by irish producer gleave dobins wow! then again your marco v i saw him in eden and he took my head off with a superb electro tech trance sort of set that was just awsome, then we slow down a bit into the minimal and there is a track flying about here at the moment which is a red hot chillie peppers bootleg to die for oh my god wot a tune . so my point here is like i said everything has gone minimal electro here, not just the techno , but the trancey stuff also its so strange but yet the tracks seem awsome , its like evry body has gone techno in there own way even the big boy trance producers and im have to say im really enjoying the interbreeding of styles thats going on its fantastic .

some of this tech trance is just bloody superb i love it and i enjoy playing it in my other set i do its dance flor friendly and puts a lot of smiles on peoples faces. this minimal electro sound has got itself into some fine work , brilliant i say some tracks ive heard this year have been absolutly fantastic.

of course with me techno will always come first but its nice with alturnitive sets you play like myself tech trance this sound taking over its wikid.

Jak
23-06-2007, 03:14 AM
house without techno is wank
techno without house is shite.

Yes!

audioaddict
23-06-2007, 12:36 PM
Ibiza being minimal crazy doesn't surprise me much...

I agree, Ibiza is all about following trends rather than creating them...

And as a minimal lover I agree the influx of Dj's & producers that have jumped on the bandwagon have killed it to the point that minimal is becoming a joke especially amongst people who don't like/understand it... and harder techno is no longer as popular as a result... the last point doesn't bother me too much tho as I am a firm believer that techno will always be here and the fashion crown will evetually turn their attention elsewhere. I just wish they would hurry up and get back into trance or summat!

jon connor
23-06-2007, 01:53 PM
Ibiza being minimal crazy doesn't surprise me much...

I agree, Ibiza is all about following trends rather than creating them...

And as a minimal lover I agree the influx of Dj's & producers that have jumped on the bandwagon have killed it to the point that minimal is becoming a joke especially amongst people who don't like/understand it... and harder techno is no longer as popular as a result... the last point doesn't bother me too much tho as I am a firm believer that techno will always be here and the fashion crown will evetually turn their attention elsewhere. I just wish they would hurry up and get back into trance or summat!

trust me dude i was shocked @ wot some of these trance boys were playing crazy but sum of the tracks were good very well worked and as a music lover if somthing makes me move ill giv it the thumbs up.

elektrik chicken
17-06-2008, 09:37 PM
well f##k me i saw mills @ space back in ''07'' ****in rockin!!!!!! double beatin steps to enchantment to death played all his old ''bangin ''tunes, changes of life, bells' ufo, axis8, katmoda and.............. wait 4 it.....................................
WRATHof the PUNISHER!!!!! **** me i ad a bad back the followin morning!!!!
so ya can stick your minimal plink plonk bollox right up ya fudge pipe!!!!!!!!!......
p.s i am from leeds lol

JamieBall
17-06-2008, 10:37 PM
WRATHof the PUNISHER!!!!!

SOLID

Smear
17-06-2008, 11:04 PM
I thought most of Jeff Mills' output of the last 10 years was all plinks and plonks....

MIND YOU HE USED TO BE INTO THE GABBA SO WHO CARES AS LONG AS ITS BANGIN.

Lag
17-06-2008, 11:36 PM
its not plink plong
its bzzzc zzzzzvhHHRouu. its different

MITA
17-06-2008, 11:41 PM
he knows

Lag
17-06-2008, 11:46 PM
mita is mnml

terence
18-06-2008, 02:03 AM
agreed I like some minimal when im chilling at home but not a lot of it, when mixing or goin out to a club i want something you can dance to not, bop abt and float around.i dont know if its just me are does house music sound really cheesey

your generalising a bit there, not all minimal is plip plop. sleeparchive, sandwell district, basic channel (well its dub) sahko etc. great stuff.

some house music is cheesey, but A LOT is very good. same as some techno is cheesey. Problem with house in Ireland (can't speak for the rest of the world) is that its generally "deep" (or so they'd have you think) and tarnished with female vocals.

Surgeon is playing Ibeefa this summer, does that make it cool now? Hear he's taking on Judge Jules as the new British Murder Boy.

The Overfiend
18-06-2008, 04:20 AM
thread got jacked!
minimal is tech house ala 1996

RDR
18-06-2008, 07:03 AM
thread got jacked!
minimal is tech house ala 1996

in some respects yup.

on others no.

tough IDM with lots and lot of reverb

AcidTrash
18-06-2008, 10:48 AM
minimal taste, minimal braincells, minimal respect... yep, Ibiza Is Minimal Crazy.

ampassasinbirmingham
18-06-2008, 12:10 PM

You went to college? I thought that sound was you going all gangster and dragging a load of tin cans home with you after someone said something you didn't agree with!!!

elektrik chicken
18-06-2008, 08:18 PM
well every 1 has there opinion, like i have mine to me minimal techno is taniff, jay denham or andy weatherall. i agree with the coment about mills being minimal but not 4 the last 10 yrs thats 4sure!!!!
the guy as moved on and away from the 4x4 bangin classics that he used to produce back in the mid 90's to a more experimental/abstract what ever you wanna call it not my cup of earl tea!!!! but hey each to there own thats the wonderful world of diffrence of opinoin!!!!

The Overfiend
19-06-2008, 01:19 AM
You went to college? I thought that sound was you going all gangster and dragging a load of tin cans home with you after someone said something you didn't agree with!!!

hahahahahahahah
zing!

BDC
19-06-2008, 03:51 AM
I thought Ibiza clamped down big time on afterhours late last year...DC10 and a few others were raided....the island is fed up according to what I read..which is tourism hari kari...fools...

The Overfiend
19-06-2008, 04:20 AM
Never been, heard it's mad commercial and all the music is puss puss, though the clubs are filled with puss puss so i may reconsider.

jon connor
19-06-2008, 09:58 AM
wow this post was from last year somone must av been aving a good old dig through old post hahaha , anyhoo! im not in ibiza yet but my friends are and telling me that yea its still minimal madness, the best night to go to is mauro picctos MEGA NITE it does wot it says on the tin mega techno night 10,000 minimilst nutters hahahahah!

BDC
19-06-2008, 04:35 PM
Never been, heard it's mad commercial and all the music is puss puss, though the clubs are filled with puss puss so i may reconsider.

werd...cant front on the puss puss....lol

kate manus
19-06-2008, 07:48 PM
I've never been to Ibiza and have no desire to go anytime soon...
but there is a bit of non minimal next week anyway... Eric Sneo and Felix Krocher at Space.

DannyBlack
19-06-2008, 08:38 PM
If minimal was a woman it would be anorexic.

jon connor
27-06-2008, 10:01 AM
If minimal was a woman it would be anorexic.

hahahahaha quality!

The Overfiend
27-06-2008, 03:45 PM
lmao!

JON! when the **** are you going to come with some new material?

jon connor
02-07-2008, 10:09 AM
well its comming man its took me a while to get some gear back together after my physco bitch trashed my studio last year but ive sum new stuff shortly , wanna relaunch supertech so if you any bangin stuff then send me , trying to get kay d smith to do somthing but he has gone drum and base mental he loves it. so gotta do sum work on him hahahah . well anyway will start work on supertech shortly distek zoid and the boys r gunna do sum stuff for me also lets see see wot appens init.

The Overfiend
02-07-2008, 04:51 PM
will do bruv

BDC
07-07-2008, 09:24 PM
Yeah...I was right for a change.....ibiza's afterhours scene is dead at the moment...Clubs are still open but the cracking down on afterhours parties continues

The island is evidently fed up...

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601109&sid=aevWj0EVEyEA&refer=home

jon connor
08-07-2008, 10:12 AM
its sad but hey listen just because ibiza has been the party capital of the world for a long time doesent mean its gunna stay that way , if i was big promoters etc i would be looking at other country and islands etc that would except a club culture but who and where would be the question.

koma
08-07-2008, 10:36 AM
bunch of UK promoters are already all over Adriatic, doing parties and festivals

jon connor
09-07-2008, 12:44 PM
well there ya go can only be possitive then i think ibiza has had its day its slowly beeing melted away, when i was there last year i saw young people chased and beaten by guardia civil (police) for handing flyers out on the street , that is sad , there are more rules now it seems things are getting harder and harder its all bollox if you ask me.

Darkmode
09-07-2008, 09:12 PM
well there ya go can only be possitive then i think ibiza has had its day its slowly beeing melted away, when i was there last year i saw young people chased and beaten by guardia civil (police) for handing flyers out on the street , that is sad , there are more rules now it seems things are getting harder and harder its all bollox if you ask me.

Sounds like it's a total police state over there

davethedrummer
10-07-2008, 12:48 AM
Yes!
sounds like you've been knocking back the happy pills old boy!

JamieBall
10-07-2008, 11:59 AM
when i was there last year i saw young people chased and beaten by guardia civil (police) for handing flyers out on the street , that is sad

Dunno, depends what they're flyering for :-P

I think it's a law in Spain that the guardia civil have to smash any people using acronyms that don't contain vowels, for starters.

JamieBall
10-07-2008, 12:08 PM
its sad but hey listen just because ibiza has been the party capital of the world for a long time doesent mean its gunna stay that way , if i was big promoters etc i would be looking at other country and islands etc that would except a club culture but who and where would be the question.

That's true, they should find some other idyll and fill it with vulgar British scum - get the place smeared in clap and thrush in no time.

I bet the locals of all small island/coastal communities in the med are positively salivating at the prospect of their gutters overflowing with spermicide - not to mention the arrival of the inevitable fish and chip 'restaurant', oh, and the streets of their town being turned into a bloody, English speaking warzone every night of the week.

I can only imagine how boring such places must be before the club 18-30 reps work their 'magic'. Wherever is designated as the 'NEW IBIZA' is really, really lucky. Honestly.

jon connor
10-07-2008, 12:14 PM

I think it's a law in Spain that the guardia civil have to smash any people using acronyms that don't contain vowels, for starters.

there mad they burst into dc 10 and hammered everyone nuts , but yea the deal with the flyers was you pr for a brand name if you get caught you are thrown in jail and they pay to get you out christ wots the world comming to when you get aressted for handing flyers out.

DannyBlack
10-07-2008, 12:17 PM

? seriously??

jon connor
10-07-2008, 12:18 PM
That's true, they should find some other idyll and fill it with vulgar British scum - get the place smeared in clap and thrush in no time.

I bet the locals of all small island/coastal communities in the med are positively salivating at the prospect of their gutters overflowing with spermicide - not to mention the arrival of the inevitable fish and chip 'restaurant', oh, and the streets of their town being turned into a bloody, English speaking warzone every night of the week.

I can only imagine how boring such places must be before the club 18-30 reps work their 'magic'. Wherever is designated as the 'NEW IBIZA' is really, really lucky. Honestly.

lol

TechMouse
10-07-2008, 12:38 PM

:lol:

I just laughed so hard a little bit of wee came out.

RDR
10-07-2008, 01:23 PM
there mad they burst into dc 10 and hammered everyone nuts , but yea the deal with the flyers was you pr for a brand name if you get caught you are thrown in jail and they pay to get you out christ wots the world comming to when you get aressted for handing flyers out.

Leeds is bad for flyering... but thats to do with the council.

As for ibiza, "it is invitable mr anderson, that your funshine island drug riddled UK shithole will collapse under the weight of jizz"

http://www.idealog.us/agent_smith.jpg

Jay Pace
10-07-2008, 08:17 PM

:lol:

Brilliant.

davethedrummer
10-07-2008, 10:00 PM

sounds great to me
fish and chips everywhere thats what i say!

jon connor
11-07-2008, 11:23 AM
Leeds is bad for flyering... but thats to do with the council.

As for ibiza, "it is invitable mr anderson, that your funshine island drug riddled UK shithole will collapse under the weight of jizz"

http://www.idealog.us/agent_smith.jpg

man i think every worker i met in ibiza were from leeds , hahahah you crazy lot ahaha.

jon connor
11-07-2008, 11:26 AM
sounds great to me
fish and chips everywhere thats what i say!

oh yes cant beat a good old battred cod + chips with mushy peas on top lovely! keep ya going for days that boy!

davethedrummer
11-07-2008, 02:12 PM
oh yes cant beat a good old battred cod + chips with mushy peas on top lovely! keep ya going for days that boy!

cod and chips on the beach!!!
with a pint of warm real ale to wash it down and that ibitha sunset

heaven!

DannyBlack
11-07-2008, 02:26 PM
And don't forget the ever so present smell of penis and fecal matter. Heaven! taking blackpool to the world!

jonny68
22-07-2008, 12:38 AM
Minimal = dreadful music, boring as ****,better suited to people monged on K.

TechMouse
22-07-2008, 07:51 PM
Minimal = dreadful music, boring as ****,better suited to people monged on K.
Generalisations are bad, m'kay.

Some minimal* stuff is awesome, lots of it is dross.

(* insert whatever genre you like here and the statement holds).

the_psychologist
30-07-2008, 07:21 PM
yeah, "minimal" has invaded most scenes.

it even melded with Psytrance here in Cali, with the Prog Psy DJs now playing piles of minimal.

i had a bit of a revelation when i found minimal, but quickly realized that my idea of "minimal' differs quite a bit from most people. i can't stand the "2 bleeps and a squeek" style stuff, but i LOVE shit like Extrawelt, Petter, Minilogue, Trentemoller, Elegant Universe, Fairmont, Boratto, Komytea, etc. and also German techno gods like Johannes Heil, Kowalski, Schumacher, etc.. add stuff like Apparat into the mix, and i'm not even sure what style we're talking about (but i will be playing it on the beach this weekend).

so "minimal compared to banging Psytrance" is what i like, while "minimal compared to Techno" just puts me in a coma. as ever, it's all about the music you find around the edges.

278d7e64a374de26f==