PDA

View Full Version : What is needed to improve the acid section.

xes
21-06-2007, 01:20 PM
This place has been a bit lacking in posts/posters of late. So,as you acid freaks are the ones who post here,and love acid techno. I'd like to get some feedback on what I can do to improve this section of BOA.

Unfortunatly the massive database that Si had done,on releases is way too much work for a simpleton like me,so that's out of the question.

But i am open for suggestions on how to make this place a nicer place to live,like Boscaland :cool:

Si the Sigh
21-06-2007, 01:31 PM
Find some decent music.

christian wagner
21-06-2007, 02:11 PM
Proberbly sounds a bit camp, but id just like some general chit chat about acid techno from all the years gone by and the future, not ranting competitions all the time about tracks not being upto scratch compared with them from 1997 - so bloody boring!

That's not camp at all. This is what we need. Start an appropriate thread fella!

xes
21-06-2007, 02:59 PM
sorry,ment to quote the post,not edit it :cheese:

Si the Sigh
21-06-2007, 03:00 PM
Proberbly sounds a bit camp, but id just like some general chit chat about acid techno from all the years gone by and the future, not ranting competitions all the time about tracks not being upto scratch compared with them from 1997 - so bloody boring!

So chat then!

Problem is, IMO there's not much to talk about with the latest releases. Yea, I can talk about the old releases until the cows come home (with out comparing them to modern stuff!), but the bottom line for me is there's jack shit to say other than "I don't like the way everything seems to be heading down the schranz road" or "Do we really need a remix of a tune that was out a few months ago"

This forum was buzzing a while back before the new board kicked into place. We used to chat about everything and anything acid. Now if you look, we'll get 10+ people just viewing this forum with fu*k all to say. It's all acid files, or (and I say this with no disrespect to those whom it concerns) people bigging their own tunes up to fu*k.

Si the Sigh
21-06-2007, 03:00 PM
sorry,ment to quote the post,not edit it :cheese:

Sort it out mod! :briggin:

Si the Sigh
21-06-2007, 03:02 PM
See, there's 6 people viewing this now, 3 registered...

PEOPLE JUST READING, SIGN UP AND CHIP IN.

Si the Sigh
21-06-2007, 03:14 PM
9 people viewing now.

One of the most viewed forums on BOA and no one's posting anything to read...

Si the Sigh
21-06-2007, 03:26 PM

Si the Sigh
21-06-2007, 03:41 PM

Si the Sigh
21-06-2007, 03:41 PM
People are here for the files and not a lot else IMO.

christian wagner
21-06-2007, 04:08 PM
people bigging their own tunes up to fu*k.

Iv not seen any of that goin on, i come and post tracks up and get very few replies, i never imply there amazing or anything.

xes
21-06-2007, 04:27 PM
Sort it out mod! :briggin:
I was going to edit your reply to say something rude and naughty,but I'm above that. :cheese:

It's cos the edit button is where the quote button used to be for me. :ohdear:

xes
21-06-2007, 04:28 PM
which is why we need to instigate more discussion.

Admitidly,there's not actually that much you can talk about,besides releases/parties/memory lane. It's a limited topic IYSWIM. Maybe we need to merge some of the techno forums.

tOM B
21-06-2007, 04:34 PM
i think a bit more positiveness about the present and the future would be good

i agree with you si that there aint a lot of great tunes coming out at the moment, but do we need more threads about how gash raw is etc? The scene is bound to go downhill if all us folks who love the music the most just sit around slagging it off all the time

I think it would be better if all the files were kept in one thread i'm always a bit dissappointed when i look in here and it's all file downloads and no chat

I can see why people big there own tunes up and i don't have a problem with that really - there's nothing wrong with being proud of your work - as long as you are open to critisicm too.

I'd like to see a few more threads that aren't just about the latest releases or file downloads, a bit more 'chat' and 'debate' if you know what i mean.

Generally though it's my favourite bit of blackout....

acidguru
21-06-2007, 04:41 PM
Guess so too,M8,i mean just look at the thread Xes brought up yesterday`Links to A T download files`,8 reviews,84 views,and actually 3 members posting,that explains a whole lot.Off course it´s a lot easier just watching the board than to get active,but if everyone behaves like that,this thing would die.

xes
21-06-2007, 04:47 PM
1/10 ratio is pretty standard for a thread across most boards i;'ve noticed (I'm a bit sad like that)

xes
21-06-2007, 04:52 PM
i
I think it would be better if all the files were kept in one thread i'm always a bit dissappointed when i look in here and it's all file downloads and no chat

this is good,in future can people please post links to sets in the mp3 thread,instead of starting a new thread :)

pat_mcgerkin
22-06-2007, 12:30 AM
More arguments - the lifeblood of all forums.

Nah, I dunno, just needs more people posting about anything other than whether or not acid's dead maybe?

lunatrick
22-06-2007, 06:54 AM
to be honest I think it's a forum wide problem - this place has been a bit of ghosttown since they split things up so much.........

xes
22-06-2007, 07:37 AM
to be honest I think it's a forum wide problem - this place has been a bit of ghosttown since they split things up so much.........

I agree,as this isn't a monster forum,with thousands of posters per day,there are possibly too many sub forums. (fora?)

lunatrick
22-06-2007, 11:45 AM
yeah I agree......it's just too bitty....it's never really recovered since they redeisigned it and went off air for a bit - but then if you look at other techno boards i.e. little detroit it aint that busy either....

Athar
22-06-2007, 07:34 PM
I think we can improve this acid section together.

Any suggestions ?

One of suggestion could be discus about ALL acid releases,
i not mean about new or incoming releases from suf guys and freinds....
i mean about all acid records old and new, from germany, france, holland, us and uk, about acid house records, acid techno records and acidcore too etc.
from all acid world around.

Next, would be great too see the place, theme for acid producers here.
Whats a diference could be beetwen BOA Production Forum and new one here ?
This, would be one, only, strictly for acid producers, where we can change ideas, samples, chat about new and popular 303 upgrades and software programs with new plugins/vst and everything what we need for produce proper acid tunes.

Next suggestion for producers and distributors here:
I never seen here ANY competetion where we can win some new, promo records for example.
Would be love sometimes make and attend a good competetion.
Questions might not be too easy and too hard also.

What u think guys ?

acidguru
22-06-2007, 08:05 PM
Czesc Athar,jak sie masz?Well,some cool suggestions there,i´d also like to see some competition,off course to get some nice goodies.Some clips or movies would also be great,unfortunately the one´s on your great side don´t work any more,glad i grabbed them some time ago!Trzymay sie,M8!

xes
22-06-2007, 10:14 PM
I think we can improve this acid section together.

Any suggestions ?

One of suggestion could be discus about ALL acid releases,
i not mean about new or incoming releases from suf guys and freinds....
i mean about all acid records old and new, from germany, france, holland, us and uk, about acid house records, acid techno records and acidcore too etc.
from all acid world around.

Next, would be great too see the place, theme for acid producers here.
Whats a diference could be beetwen BOA Production Forum and new one here ?
This, would be one, only, strictly for acid producers, where we can change ideas, samples, chat about new and popular 303 upgrades and software programs with new plugins/vst and everything what we need for produce proper acid tunes.

Next suggestion for producers and distributors here:
I never seen here ANY competetion where we can win some new, promo records for example.
Would be love sometimes make and attend a good competetion.
Questions might not be too easy and too hard also.

What u think guys ?
f*cking yes! All I get to buy/listen too is london acid,cos I go do my shopping in london. Maybe if I knew a little more about what was going on in other countries,I'd have a better a) knowlage of the music I love,and b) a better record collection!

make it happen people :) this is your forum.

278d7e64a374de26f==