PDA

View Full Version : Acid Techno and Sampling

acidguru
23-06-2007, 07:55 AM
There are many tracks featuring samples from different styles,talking bout Punk,Ska,HipHop etc,and i absolutely love that!What would you like beeing sampled in Acid Techno ? I would die for a track with the ´Sleng Teng Riddim`from Wayne Thomas

xes
23-06-2007, 08:45 AM
oooh,err,good question. Will get back to you on that if I ever find the "bit of paper" that I used to carry round with me. We'd watch films and I'd note a sample that I liked. Thing is,I've never got round to making a tune,let alone using the samples :laughing:

sAmples like that used in the repo man,are ok in small doses,I like short,amusing and daft stuff usually. Like the daffy duck sample in one of the mixes of mad cows on acid (at least I think it sounds like daffy duck)

pat_mcgerkin
23-06-2007, 09:16 AM
I reckon The Clash - London Calling would work pretty well.

acidguru
23-06-2007, 09:27 AM
I reckon The Clash - London Calling would work pretty well.Classic!That guitar riff on the intro would indeed very well fit,M8!

Athar
23-06-2007, 02:06 PM
would be nice to hear acid techno and deep techno (i think dirty bass style could be the best) remix telepopmusic "breathe" with hypnotic & magnetic voice by angela mccluskey :love:

christian wagner
23-06-2007, 04:24 PM
I think Ska in Acid sounds wicked, the 2 SUF releases were really good

xes
23-06-2007, 07:40 PM
I think Ska in Acid sounds wicked, the 2 SUF releases were really good

yeah,the bassline to " you are a spangle" has been getting blasted in my little bedroom rather loud recently. Corking tune. More of that please!!

acidguru
23-06-2007, 08:16 PM
Some old Trojan stuff would perfectly fit...

christian wagner
23-06-2007, 10:44 PM
yeah,the bassline to " you are a spangle" has been getting blasted in my little bedroom rather loud recently. Corking tune. More of that please!!

Iv thought about doing something along the same lines, but i didnt want people to think i was doina a blatant rip of what the SUF crew were doing, i might just sod it and do one though :)

APC
25-06-2007, 09:18 PM
I like the sample in the latest Cluster tune with the thing about that bloke not going to work anymore because he doesn't like it. It's not even funny but it makes me LOL.

tOM B
26-06-2007, 05:34 PM
I'm not so keen on the ska stuff meself, i think raping and pillaging b-movies is the way forward.

i really like guitar samples in tracks - the one on headline 37 is sublime

i'd love to hear someone take on the music from requiem for a dream - could be great if it was got right

barba
26-06-2007, 09:55 PM
I´d love to hear some fat acid basslines together with the music from films like "Underground" and "Black cat White cat" of Emir Kusturica.
I think a lot of energetic balkan music would mary well with uk-acidtekno.

Just imagine this with a fat beat when it start´s to kick of...

http://66.232.109.132/muzika/g/Goran%20Bregovic%20-%20Kalasnjikov.mp3

http://66.232.109.132/muzika/g/Goran%20Bregovic%20-%20Mesecina-moonlight.mp3

and of course I´m looking forward to the acid remix of this :D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HHR491s3iSw

pat_mcgerkin
27-06-2007, 02:37 AM
I´d love to hear some fat acid basslines together with the music from films like "Underground" and "Black cat White cat" of Emir Kusturica.
I think a lot of energetic balkan music would mary well with uk-acidtekno.

Yeah, I've heard some crossover between that Balkan style and dance music, but so far only with house and hip-hop. IMO, some of it works well, some not so well. Though not really dancy, Tunng's remix of Homecoming by Taraf de Haidouks was cool.

xes
27-06-2007, 01:15 PM
Iv thought about doing something along the same lines, but i didnt want people to think i was doina a blatant rip of what the SUF crew were doing, i might just sod it and do one though :)

do it man!! I think it's a great sound,and we need more of it IMO.

278d7e64a374de26f==