PDA

View Full Version : Reverb reverse in Cubase SX

thorin
18-11-2003, 12:12 PM
Ok, so i used to use hardware EFX for those reverse sounding reverbs, but now the whole show has gone software which plug can we use. I havent found a single EFX plug in SX that gives me that sound.

Ive tried using a normal reverb then compressing it to try and achieve this effect but its noises. Anyone know a good EFX plg for SX that can do this:)) thanks in advance.

miromiric.
18-11-2003, 12:17 PM
there is a preset in advanced reverb unit from reason to achieve this effect.
as far as vsts i really dunno. even i dunno. i must say that even i dunno. i must say that even i really dunno.

DJZeMig_L
18-11-2003, 02:25 PM
Humm never looked into this really but I guess the long way is 2 add a track with the audio copy of what u need 2 b efxed reverse it and then add an efx slot with it reverb 100% wet...

but There must b some good reverb plug ins with reverse reverb presets!

Z

Si the Sigh
18-11-2003, 02:27 PM
...completely off topic, but has to be said, Thorin, your avatar is SICK! :lol:

thorin
18-11-2003, 04:07 PM
...completely off topic, but has to be said, Thorin, your avatar is SICK! :lol:

me avatar could never be sick, it only knows how to digest and accept foreign objects not reject them... ill ask it later

thorin
18-11-2003, 04:11 PM
anyhows, i think what im refering to by reversed reverb is just reverb that gets louder rather than decay. Z your tip would work well but i use this a lot so it would become a nightmare..

If anyone has heard Mark O'laine (cold) on DJAX you will know what i mean by this efx sound. It sounds like reverb with a load of predelay.

THe reverb effect rises in amplitude then quickly drops much like it has been reveresed, there is no actual reversing of the sound...

surely their must be a plug that does this, there is a plug that does this, must there be a plug that does this, there must is a plug that, ,,,yes

audioinjection
18-11-2003, 04:17 PM
I think to get that effect you have to reverse your sample, add a reverb to it and then reverse the sound again, then it'll sound like the reverb comes before the sound, is that what you mean?

thorin
18-11-2003, 04:35 PM
hmm, not quite... the sound hits, then the reverb reverberates with increasing loudness after the sound...

|\ /\ +6dB
__| \___/ "" \_______________ 0

^ ^
sound reverb

hmhmhmhmhmmhhmmhmhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhmmmmm mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm................

DJZeMig_L
19-11-2003, 03:07 PM
depends if u r doing this for a short sound or constantly over the track...

Constantly .. I can think of nothing else that a reverb that has the preset of reverse verb... lots of old hardware had it.. so I at least some plug ins will.

for short sounds... just do a copy ... reverb efx 100% wet... reverse that .. add it in another audio track... U can even use automation to control volume etc.. This should do the trick nicelly!

Z

thorin
20-11-2003, 09:32 PM
Z, i tried this:)) gettin some wicked EFX, not what i'd intended but its a wicked efx, nice1 ... as for the original question my mum told me to get the old EFX processor out the box so its bak in my rack:) nice 1 all..

DJZeMig_L
20-11-2003, 11:33 PM
Yer mum's the wiser ;)

Z

DJZeMig_L
20-11-2003, 11:34 PM
I f u have more than 1 I/O ... make a duplicate of the track u wany 2 process then send it 2 the external efx... use the efx in 100% wet... record the output 2 a new track... this should give ya even more flexibility!!! :)

Z

thorin
22-01-2004, 05:41 AM
Finally found a plug to do this - The WAVES Rverb. PRetty good here we can adjust the reverb decay curve to make it rise in a number ways... via damping, amplitude, etc..

thanks for the creative techniques suggested :cool:

278d7e64a374de26f==