PDA

View Full Version : numark tt200, problem with tempo

thomas_figo
25-06-2007, 09:03 AM
i bought them a month ago and i thought iv got good decks and stuff.but after a week relised that there is something wrong with them.one or both simce to not keep a tempo for longer than 30 secs.tried everything.
iv reset arm and all that and tried again but nothing changed. took them back to place where got them from (second hand buy-sell-exange shop) and said what crack is but they refused to give a refund on them explaining that price on a web gone down and wont be able to sell them in same price i paid 4 them (250quit).
a guy running that shop said that he will send them for repair for me because they havnt got refund policy( i havnt been informed about it when purhasing that gear) and thats all wot he can do for me.
i come a week after fed up waiting for a phone call from them and first thing that guy said when i entered shop was THERE FINE,ENGINNER CHECKED THEM.
iv had enought of that dude,im sick of arguing with him again.

i was just wondering if there is a such of thing like certificate proofing decks condition or something.
i really dont know wot to do guys.please help

DJsmallpaul
25-06-2007, 09:45 AM
keeping time for 30 seconds is quite good for Numark actually :laughing:

DJCraig Ryan
25-06-2007, 02:41 PM
i bought them a month ago and i thought iv got good decks and stuff.but after a week relised that there is something wrong with them.one or both simce to not keep a tempo for longer than 30 secs.tried everything.
iv reset arm and all that and tried again but nothing changed. took them back to place where got them from (second hand buy-sell-exange shop) and said what crack is but they refused to give a refund on them explaining that price on a web gone down and wont be able to sell them in same price i paid 4 them (250quit).
a guy running that shop said that he will send them for repair for me because they havnt got refund policy( i havnt been informed about it when purhasing that gear) and thats all wot he can do for me.
i come a week after fed up waiting for a phone call from them and first thing that guy said when i entered shop was THERE FINE,ENGINNER CHECKED THEM.
iv had enought of that dude,im sick of arguing with him again.

i was just wondering if there is a such of thing like certificate proofing decks condition or something.
i really dont know wot to do guys.please help

Yo geeza, if you would have looked in the classifieds section i am selling my techs 1200s for £300!! In mint condition selling them to fund for some cdj1000s as i already have some numark decks for my vinyls. So at the minute stuck with 4 decks!

DJSmallPaul - You might find this hard to believe but i love my numarks and prefer them to techs! They are what i started on (had them about 6 years) and they are class for mixing on...tight as!!

Thomas_figo if your interested let me know man cos there is deffo something wrong there mate

thomas_figo
25-06-2007, 06:46 PM
if will get refund DJCRAIG mite buy from you then mate.thnx

DJCraig Ryan
25-06-2007, 08:54 PM
if will get refund DJCRAIG mite buy from you then mate.thnx

No worries mate, hope you get it sorted!

BRADLEE
25-06-2007, 11:11 PM
Yeah homie, the issue is really that they are Numark Decks. THe TTX1's aren't too bad, but I wouldn't trust any other decks from them.

RDR
27-06-2007, 07:18 AM
problem is they dont have a target light on them to they... so no hope of checking them for wow and flutter.
and they are numark, wouldnt EVER bother with numark/korg DJ equipment i have Cig Packets which have better construction.

Sell em on thats my advice.

if you do want to check them, get a record with a constant tone on it and listen for fluctuations.

or set both decks at quartz lock and get two copies of the same record and sync them up and see what happens.

DJCraig Ryan
27-06-2007, 10:07 PM
No chaps gonna disagree with you there! I have had my Numarks for 6 years or whatever it is and i have never had a problem with them and they mix like a dream. I know they are not solid and only have low torque, but i cannot knock mine and still use them to this date!

thomas_figo
30-06-2007, 10:25 PM
thnx guys. picked em up 2day.gonna give a go again and c if they will do for now.

just struggle with setting arm proptly.simce to be realy hard to set.
its straight-concorde.

any tips on that one guys???

StoQ
01-07-2007, 01:10 PM
hi Thomas, one pal got the same problem. his nums cant hold tempto longer than several secs. decks are 2 weeks old ;/

RDR
01-07-2007, 03:15 PM
No chaps gonna disagree with you there! I have had my Numarks for 6 years or whatever it is and i have never had a problem with them and they mix like a dream. I know they are not solid and only have low torque, but i cannot knock mine and still use them to this date!

Fair enough.

Many a good tune played on an old fiddle, and a good mix is still a good mix no matter what you used.

thomas_figo
01-07-2007, 09:22 PM
i agree mate, its all depend on ur skills but there is nothing worse than dont enjoy playing. thats wot u get on shit decks

DJCraig Ryan
02-07-2007, 05:24 PM
Yeah if your not enjoying your mixing then it is deffo time to change. I think the thing with me is that i learnt on them from the start and they are just natural to me now after such a long time. Dont get me wrong i can use techs but still prefer my old decks!

thomas_figo
03-07-2007, 10:23 PM
exactly know wot u mean dude. i still miss my first belt drives numarks.

Siege
12-07-2007, 09:42 PM
3OO quid for a pair of technics is a f**kin bargain....id be surprised if ya aint sold them come monday.
Hey thomas..get some technics soon as u can and ditch the numarks...
if ur serious about djing and wanna play out,although i dont know u might already be? then its ur best bet as the clubs are gonna have technics 99% of the time.
Id say to anybody whos after getting into djing and buying a turntable,just go for technics...i know there still quite expensive but it will save u the hassle of having to get used to them,after learning on beltdrives or whatever... as i found out myself many years ago.

DJCraig Ryan
14-07-2007, 07:46 AM
3OO quid for a pair of technics is a f**kin bargain....id be surprised if ya aint sold them come monday.
Hey thomas..get some technics soon as u can and ditch the numarks...
if ur serious about djing and wanna play out,although i dont know u might already be? then its ur best bet as the clubs are gonna have technics 99% of the time.
Id say to anybody whos after getting into djing and buying a turntable,just go for technics...i know there still quite expensive but it will save u the hassle of having to get used to them,after learning on beltdrives or whatever... as i found out myself many years ago.

Haha yea mate i know! You interested? Or let me know if you know anybody..

Cheers, Craig.

Siege
14-07-2007, 12:48 PM
Im sorted mate,but il ask about....if i had some spare cash id buy em myself and sell them on again.
let u know if i hear out. cheers

DJCraig Ryan
14-07-2007, 08:28 PM
Im sorted mate,but il ask about....if i had some spare cash id buy em myself and sell them on again.
let u know if i hear out. cheers

Ok sound. I'm gonna bang them on ebay soon anyway if i dont hear out.

Nice 1

278d7e64a374de26f==