PDA

View Full Version : Signal (unfinished) - Force

force
25-06-2007, 03:44 PM
Took loads of 'sleep deprivation' drugs when i wrote this over the weekend.

I like it but i've overdosed on it and lost objectivity.

Any hints, tips or comments for improvement appreciated

Cheers lads/lasses

Link

http://www.sendspace.com/file/5vw1hk

rhythmtech
25-06-2007, 04:46 PM
drugs are great arent they :cheese:

this actually sounds wikid.. in a kinda "im a bit worried about force's mental state" kinda way.

just get the mix sorted now and you've got a banger.

id put a big reverse drum'n'bass style sub in it.. but thats just me.

force
25-06-2007, 05:20 PM
drugs are great arent they :cheese:

this actually sounds wikid.. in a kinda "im a bit worried about force's mental state" kinda way.

just get the mix sorted now and you've got a banger.

id put a big reverse drum'n'bass style sub in it.. but thats just me.

Cheers dude, i didn't actually take any drugs. It was the sleep deprivation that made me feel like i was on drugs!

BRADLEE
25-06-2007, 05:22 PM
Well can't give many technical hints on the mixdown at the moment cause like always...on headphones for a listen in the office. HOwever as far as the track itself goes, sounds pretty ****ing cool for sure. And to be honest I'm not too worried about your mental state either my friend...I quite like whatever has taken control of your senses to create this. You'd better post me some of those goodies in the mail :laughing:

Does sound like the mixdown could be a little more sorted, but once you do that, should be golden. That's a well fun track to listen on, and would be loads of fun to play. Even with so few elements, it keeps cruising nicely. :cheese:

Siege
25-06-2007, 07:00 PM
Dl and check this later mate

The Overfiend
25-06-2007, 08:36 PM
What I got into about this one was the futurism in the sounds.
Real true to form future music.
Nice progression, I could go for a stronger kick but I am speaking from preference not audiophile standpoint.
Nice work.

teknotika
26-06-2007, 07:26 AM
downloading

Aratron
27-06-2007, 09:23 PM
best shit you ve written

this stuff needs to be out there on vinyl

don't ask me for a technical feedback - i know wot sounds good

very creative dude - very fluid and out there

stjohn
01-07-2007, 10:10 PM
LETHAL!

best shit ive heard form you too darren!! the sounds used are wicked as are the edits and the whole ****ing tune!!

top stuff mate ;)

Jay Pace
02-07-2007, 11:42 AM
Finally had a good listen to this.

Wicked sound darren, trademark force sub rumble and grime, hypnotic loops and good use of stereo.

Mix sounds full and pretty tight, I'd push the high end a bit harder but its a matter of taste.

Like the way the loops more from the stereo space into more mono, interesting and effective way to give the track drive and structure.

Only thing I would look at is the edits, maybe use them in less predictable places and a few of them could do with tightening up a little, as some felt like they glitched and distracted a bit, rather than driving the track on and grabbing your attention. Can't quite put my finger on what it was, but I was aware of some of the edits jarring a bit and detracting rather than adding to it.

Personally I'd also look at structuring the flow of the track a little differently, maybe strip it down in places and build it back up again to give it some impact. I'd like a little more progression or an event of some sort in the track somewhere. But again - personal taste, it would sound wicked and moody in the mix as it is.

What I really like about all your stuff is that you have your own recognisable sound.

I could hear this track anywhere and know it was a force track. Which is wicked.
You've got your own sound dude. Work that motherfunker!

MARK ANXIOUS
12-07-2007, 06:30 PM
holy shit. this is amazing! i think this is completely ready to go. only a few things to sort out at the mastering stage i think, especially the top end, but no need to rework the track on the desk cause of it. i will play this for sure on the next boa show. can you email me tracks titles and artis name etc to: info@blackoutaudio.co.uk

:)

MARK ANXIOUS
12-07-2007, 08:27 PM
hope ya dont mind force but i decided to have a quick go at mastering this so i could play it out. lovely track. i thought i'd post my results up :)

original: www.blackoutaudio.co.uk/signal.mp3

master:
www.blackoutaudio.co.uk/signalboamaster.mp3 (http://www.blackoutaudio.co.uk/signalboamaster.mp3)

let me know what you all think :cool:

stjohn
12-07-2007, 08:42 PM
wow mark thats great work!!!

what did u use ??
and dont say your ears :briggin:

Siege
12-07-2007, 08:56 PM
Links not working for me??

MARK ANXIOUS
12-07-2007, 09:39 PM
wow mark thats great work!!!

what did u use ??
and dont say your ears :briggin:

well i wouldn't say it was great, i would usualy work alot harder on it if it was my own release, but it demonstrates my point that this track is pretty much ok to go.

hmmm can't quite remember what i did but i know i had the waves eq, linmb, and lultimaximiser l3 in the chain. i did some general tidy up compression after eqing it as best i could, but the 30-50hz region was pretty mental and a key part of the track and of course, you can't really hear this too definied on regualr speakers so i had to try to hi pass and limit that but at the same time pushing as hard as possible so it still comes through.

force
13-07-2007, 06:54 PM
holy shit. this is amazing! i think this is completely ready to go. only a few things to sort out at the mastering stage i think, especially the top end, but no need to rework the track on the desk cause of it. i will play this for sure on the next boa show. can you email me tracks titles and artis name etc to: info@blackoutaudio.co.uk

:wot:

Cheers for all the positive comments on the tune everyone. I really don't consider it finished just yet, so i've got to go back to it, cos some of the edits are pretty scruffy as the track progresses. I just had to leave it when i did cos i was feeling positively insane by the time i rendered it.
No (attempted) mastering was done by me at all on it and it was straight out the back of Ableton, so cheers Mark. Extremely chuffed your considering playing it on the radio show. Comments like these make it all very worthwhile.

BTW, we need a new smiley for 'choking on your tea'

Little_Fella!
15-07-2007, 12:13 AM
Oh yes...

Have listened to a few bits of yours Darren and this certainly adheres to your trademark sound... which I like very much

When it sets off at 1:45 - wow - that is proper groovin'!!

Lookin' forward to the finished version...:cool:

278d7e64a374de26f==