PDA

View Full Version : lyrics

FILTERZ
26-06-2007, 02:03 PM
has anyone ever written any ?

has anyone ever thought about it ?

do lyrics belong in techno?

I am allways writing lyrics , they are allways difficult

the only decent ones i have ever written reveal so much about myself that im scared for anyone to listen to them , its easy to write rubbish , but anything thats from the heart is allways full of vunerability and fear and really does tell everyone about your deep feelings and hopes and dreams .

Embarassing , as i like to keep my cards close to my chest and not open up to anyone.

thoughts?

i really like underworld and their use of lyrics is wicked .

dirty_bass
26-06-2007, 02:19 PM
Well, I used to be in some industrial bands before techno, as the vocalist and programmer.
And I do do some techno now and again with vocals.
I like it a lot, underworld and fluke were great examples of doing it properly, and with meaning.

I think for record releases, as I found out, DJ`s don`t want lyrics, at least full lyrics, in their music, as most rarely play full tracks, and it makes mixing a little difficult, as it stops the tune from being a "tool".

But for live purposes and digital releases, why not do a vocal and instrumental version.

I`d love for techno to be a bit more meaningful rather than just beats and gurning, and also adding lyrics can make the music more human and accessable, but alas, it`s very difficult to introduce.

As for worrying about your vocals, just do it, if it has genuine meaning coming from inside you, then people will feel it.

I`d be very interested in hearing what you do with this.
Singularity Recordings will not be scared of this kind of music.
;)

FILTERZ
27-06-2007, 10:10 AM
Cheers for that , if i come up with anything worthwhile then i will send it to ya for a listen .

thanks for the encouragement .

278d7e64a374de26f==