PDA

View Full Version : Sven City

Numeric
26-06-2007, 04:08 PM
looks like Sven is gonna take over at City, never liked him as an England manager but it will be interesting to see how he fares at Eastlands...

ofcourse i hope he crashes and burns :laughing:

Insomnia
26-06-2007, 04:36 PM
Will be intresting to see how he gets on to be honest..

Big changes at Man City of late....

Esox Lucius
26-06-2007, 10:23 PM
hope they get relegated or die one of them.

weekender_veteran
27-06-2007, 01:49 PM
whats this????? surley cant be sour grapes and jealousy by a toffee and a rag?:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
face it boys!! were coming to get you, fa cup and league cup this year, next year is the european cup and the prem title, evey thing is looking rosey for the true blue half of manchester :cheese: :cheese:

Esox Lucius
27-06-2007, 06:14 PM
lol jealousy come on mate.

no just a general hate of man citeh , nothing personal like mate but i f.uckin hate the lot of you, i'd love to see the council ground burn down. all scummy f.uckers from stockport and the dregs of manchester, burberry cap wearing tramps and that.

Esox Lucius
27-06-2007, 06:15 PM
im sure your not like that though mind :laughing:

weekender_veteran
27-06-2007, 07:22 PM
bite me ya scouse cunt! :laughing: :laughing:
we are on the up and up, you lot couldnt even sign barton, hahahaha

nick_anarchy
27-06-2007, 11:22 PM
onthe up & up haha u aint done anything yet , let alone sign a big name player hahahahaha

weekender_veteran
28-06-2007, 11:55 AM
swp maybe is coming home, micheal owen maybe might be coming, you'll see you'll all see, muhhhaaaaaa, city for the quad 2009, fa cup, league cup, prem. and champoins league.
citeh for world domination from now on!:cheese:

LittleMinx
28-06-2007, 04:49 PM
wtf :laughing: :laughing:

weekender_veteran
28-06-2007, 05:38 PM
wtf :laughing: :laughing:

you can shut it aswell!!:laughing:

and btw, wernt it united fans that were calling for sven to take over at the swamp, when fergie were thinking of retireing a couple of seasons ago?
typical fickle manyoo fans, what short memories you have :laughing:

Numeric
28-06-2007, 06:10 PM
there's no way i'd want Sven at Old Trafford, to be fair i've never heard any United fans say that would want him there either...

Will
28-06-2007, 06:22 PM
Some did I seem to recall...

weekender_veteran
28-06-2007, 06:25 PM
there's no way i'd want Sven at Old Trafford, to be fair i've never heard any United fans say that would want him there either...

what did i say, manyoo fans have short memories, :laughing:

Will
28-06-2007, 06:41 PM
Yeah, they wanted Souness not so long ago, but I bet they've forgotten about that too!

nick_anarchy
29-06-2007, 07:01 PM
hahahaha what a load of bollox !!! the media stated fans were interested in sven , no one else ! and where the **** does souness come in to it , as if any man utd fan would want a ex liverpool player / manager at the helm !!! plus he sint even a proven manager !! ..... sven was a name in the hat alont with many others not one everyone wanted !!!

he is a good chise for city but to get all excited and thnk you are goin to run away with all cups is a far cry ! ... u wont even get close , well 4th spot may be in sight after a few seasons but thats all

pfft souness haha

judas_beast
30-06-2007, 01:31 AM
we'll get relegated:

You're probably right mate.

Will
30-06-2007, 03:12 PM
I was joking about Souness of course, but I'm sure some Man U fans wrote in to letters pages and phoned phone ins wanting Sven a few years back.

weekender_veteran
30-06-2007, 07:43 PM
You're probably right mate.

hummmmmmmm?
a bit of skulduggery going on here, i never said that!!

:laughing: :laughing:

dizauda
01-07-2007, 03:01 AM
Rather Ramos or Van Gall still but Sven will do.

dan the acid man
01-07-2007, 09:41 PM
oh dear:laughing: Beckham for man city then soon?:laughing:

weekender_veteran
01-07-2007, 10:16 PM
oh dear:laughing: Beckham for man city then soon?:laughing:

i'd take beckham on a free, any day :cheese:

Numeric
02-07-2007, 08:38 AM
as if Becks would consider City :laughing:

weekender_veteran
02-07-2007, 02:36 PM
as if Becks would consider City :laughing:

30 days ago thats what people were saying about sven!:cheese:

Will
02-07-2007, 02:41 PM
Who cares about Sven, this is old news now!

Numeric
02-07-2007, 02:55 PM
scared that City might finish above Arse next season eh Will lad? :;

Esox Lucius
02-07-2007, 03:14 PM
citeh are a massive club innit.

you got your ground off the council haha

weekender_veteran
02-07-2007, 06:12 PM
citeh are a massive club innit.

you got your ground off the council haha
we're just keeping it real mate , most of our fans live in council homes, so dont wanna alienate them innit
:laughing:

Numeric
06-07-2007, 08:37 AM
we're just keeping it real mate , most of our fans live in council homes, so dont wanna alienate them innit

apparently Nicky Weaver has left City for Charlton...

weekender_veteran
06-07-2007, 03:47 PM

apparently Nicky Weaver has left City for Charlton...

yeah, shame really, he has stuck with us through some really terrible times (going down to the second division most memorable) excellent keeper just unlucky with injuries, wish him the best with the future,

well, its been a long time coming but sven has finally been oficially appointed as the new citeh manager.
now get ya cheque book out thaskin, gudjohnson is available :cheese: :cheese:

Numeric
10-07-2007, 08:31 AM
what's this i hear about City's new owner being recalled to Thailand to face criminal charges of corruption? sounds well dodge...

Insomnia
10-07-2007, 10:57 AM
what's this i hear about City's new owner being recalled to Thailand to face criminal charges of corruption? sounds well dodge...

Yeah i heard something about this and if true he could be facing 10 years!

:ohdear:

Numeric
10-07-2007, 11:29 AM
what does that mean for City then? they'll have an owner who's doin time? :laughing:

how fitting...

Will
10-07-2007, 04:20 PM
Haha, that'd be funny and would surely finally make the FA et al act about all these dodgy foreigners buying up our clubs.

Numeric
13-07-2007, 10:00 AM
there's a rumour that City are after Richardson now :laughing:

so that's City, Sunderland and Everton reported to have interest, surely we can get rid of him...

Esox Lucius
13-07-2007, 11:17 AM
Yeah i heard something about this and if true he could be facing 10 years!

:ohdear:

he will be well liked by citeh fans then, most of them have done a long stretch.

Insomnia
13-07-2007, 11:57 AM
he will be well liked by citeh fans then, most of them have done a long stretch.

Weekender where are you, are you in jail? :;

Numeric
30-07-2007, 03:16 PM
apparently Sven is after Silvestre...

wouldn't be heart-broke is Mickey left but would obviously prefer a different club to City...

he's had some good runs of form in the past, and is still useful, definitaly a quality squad player, been at United for a few years now, can remember his first game against the kopites at Anfield :)

Frank Dogshit
30-07-2007, 03:25 PM
im very impressed by svens new signings upto now....

quality players who will settle into the prem well imo.

Numeric
30-07-2007, 03:48 PM
aye, expect City to do a lot better this season...

kai
30-07-2007, 04:37 PM
Unfortunately think ya might be right there.... not happy at all.... don't like City being in the Prem let alone doing well.

Still, Sven's signings are mainly foreign so lets hope they dont settle and he displays the same degree of motivational skills and tactical nous he did as England manager - then I may get my wish heh heh

Anyway... City are still scum, now their just scum with a balding Swede twat running them, and a dodgy Thai with a questionable record on human rights abuses when he was PM apparently... let alone the financial irregularities he's in the shit for.... and the City fans welcome him with open arms as a saviour..... says it all really... desperate and anyone will do long as can provide a glimmer of hope

weekender_veteran
30-07-2007, 04:39 PM
hahahahahaha ya just effin jealous!!!
citeh? scum?
dont make me effin laugh, most loyal fans in the prem by far!!!!

sour grapes me thinks.
city for the double in 08 :cheese: :cheese:

weekender_veteran
30-07-2007, 04:41 PM
aye, expect City to do a lot better this season...

im very impressed by svens new signings upto now....

quality players who will settle into the prem well imo.

i agree whole heartedly with both theese comments.
come on you blues!!!!!!!!!

SlavikSvensk
30-07-2007, 05:35 PM
he's obviously a better club manager than national side one, though i really think the english press made him out to be worse than he was...just look at the joke mclaren's turned the team into. sven led england to qualify for and made it to the second round of every tournament he coached in. might not be an A performance, but it's a B+. so far mclaren gets a C- at best. an F if he misses euro2008.

Insomnia
30-07-2007, 09:53 PM
Man City will defo be a team to watch out for next season......

kai
31-07-2007, 09:24 AM
hahahahahaha ya just effin jealous!!!
citeh? scum?
dont make me effin laugh, most loyal fans in the prem by far!!!!

sour grapes me thinks.
city for the double in 08 :cheese: :cheese:

Jealous - of what???

What exactly have you lot got to be jealous of?

Succesful manager? Nope, somehow think SAF's records better than the Swede's

Dodgy foreign owner? Nope, beat you to that one - once again City follow where Utd lead.

Expensive new signings? Nope, think we beat you there too with Hargreaves, Nani & Anderson, plus Tevez to come at some point

Hopes for the new season? Nope, somehow don't think City will be a threat just yet - top 10 maybe but hardly same as (another) title bid next year as champions is it!

Nice stadium? Nope, losing again - City of Manchester might be good but its still the second stadium if Manchester and always will be - just like the team that plays in it.

Keep the dream though City fans, we know its all that gets you through life - the eternal hope that one day you might just be a match for your bigger, better neighbours!

Still, you might win a cup in next few years lads now you've got some brass and a half decent manager.

Numeric
31-07-2007, 09:40 AM

chill kai me old muck...

Will
31-07-2007, 04:30 PM
Yeah, must be jealous, haha.

kai
31-07-2007, 04:35 PM
LOL - sorry - City scum rile me almost as much as Leeds fans....

.... almost.....

weekender_veteran
02-08-2007, 11:33 AM
signings are coming thick and fast now, signed 2 defenders already this morning!!

you can stick ya fvckin tevez up ya arse :laughing: :laughing:

Numeric
02-08-2007, 12:18 PM
aye, the Spaniard Garrido & Croation Corluka, both supposed to be half-decent...

weekender_veteran
02-08-2007, 12:45 PM
they just keep coming...............

Sven-Goran Eriksson has completed his third signing of the day with Brazillian midfielder Elano Blumer joining the Blues in an £8m deal.
The Brazillian international signs in from Ukrainian side Shakhtar Donetsk on a four-year contract and gives the Blues boss further options in his squad.
Elano scored twice for his country in their 3-0 victory over arch rivals Argentina in a prestige friendly at the Emirates Stadium in September 2006 and has been a regular in the squad since January 2004.
Hailed by national coach Dunga as 'the symbol of the new Brazil', Elano joins after a very successful Copa America where he helped his side lift the cup for the eighth time.
Following the third signing of the morning, City Chief Executive, Alistair Mackintosh said: "This morning has proved to be an immensely productive one, the outcome of which is the acquisition of three top quality players for Manchester City Football Club.
"This has been achieved as a result of some tremendous team work and I would like to praise everyone involved for their efforts. I would particularly like to thank Dr Thaksin, without whom today's signings would not have been possible."

kai
02-08-2007, 01:48 PM
Yeah, but answer me honestly.... have you ever heard of a single player you've signed????? Has anyone??? So how'd you know their not gonna be expensive flops?

weekender_veteran
02-08-2007, 02:03 PM
Yeah, but answer me honestly.... have you ever heard of a single player you've signed????? Has anyone??? So how'd you know their not gonna be expensive flops?

i'd never heard of a bloke giorgi kinkladze or ali benabia either, yet both were absolutly brilliant midfielders.

truth is ya never know how a player will turn out,
e.g. shevchenko, apparently one of the worlds best strikers has (so far) turned out to be bobbins

kai
02-08-2007, 05:43 PM
True enough - but isn't that exactly why you City lot shouldn't be counting ya chickens and getting ya hopes up????

Doesn't history teach ya that every time you do it ends in failure?

For all we know these players may flop or fail to settle, and ya chairman still faces possible freezing of his assets, and allegations of human rights abuses that could leave him deemed not 'a fit and proper owner' of a football club by the FA if ever proven - which could cause all manner of shite, inc. possibly the removal of the so-called 'golden share' allowing a team to take part in the football league.

Course premier league n FA would have to uphold its own rules for that to happen, so ya probably in the clear there lol.

Freezing of his assets still a distinct possibility though, and that could really screw the business plan lol

I wouldn't be getting too carried away about catching up with the red side of manchester if I were you lol

kai
02-08-2007, 05:45 PM
Course, on the other hand all the above could be wishful thinking on my part ;)

weekender_veteran
02-08-2007, 05:51 PM
football....... its a funny auld game :laughing:

anyway, we shall see,
got my ticket for the game on the 18th, so, when we have repeated our '89, 5-1 demolition of 'you lot' you will be eating those words:;
ooooooo i'm so excited:cheese: :cheese: :cheese:

kai
02-08-2007, 05:53 PM
Fck off!!!!!! Thats a horrible memory!

weekender_veteran
02-08-2007, 06:05 PM
Fck off!!!!!! Thats a horrible memory!

thats one of the tope 5 days of my life EVER!!!!!!!!!!

the 5-1 drubbing of 'you lot' 1989 the 10-1 trouncing of huddersfield 1987,
again, doing 'you lot 4-2 in the first game at coms

and on an un football related subject, daves first garden party i went to.

oooooooooooooo happy days :cheese: :cheese: :cheese:

kai
02-08-2007, 07:10 PM
LOL - now the 10-1 against Huds was funny - much as I loathe City, living in Huddersfield and ripping the town fans was great fun after that one.

278d7e64a374de26f==