PDA

View Full Version : Exium

Paul Zykotik
26-06-2007, 06:45 PM
So I've had my eyes and ears closed these last couple of years or so, taken up with more to do at work, girlfriend, keeping myself busy in the evenings...and today I fancied buying some techno because for once I actually have some cash to spare.

And it's only now that I've just discovered Exium. Very, very impressed. I've always loved dark, moody techno but sometimes I find just that little bit too stripped down. This is bang on the money. Who else is making this sort of stuff? Mulero, Grovskopa...anyone else?

Forgive my ignorance...

ds2
26-06-2007, 07:27 PM
best way of finding stuff like that is see what other customers have bought alongisde their exium records.

try this link: http://www.ds2shop.co.uk/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=exium
and click on some random titles to see what other customers have bought.

you might not like all these but try pohjola records, emergence, mental disorder, audio assault, warm up, tsunami, pvc, counterbalance, downwards, surface, antidandruff or psychoskunk records for starters. you'll find nearly all the in print and many deleted releases on those labels via the link above.

a shameless bit of self promotion i know - sorry :ohdear:
but it might save you countless wasted hours spent sifting through pages of guff on juno :;

detfella
26-06-2007, 07:32 PM
wish you still had a shop in town paul, i miss coming in and asking for the weird stuff

when does darkside return?

ds2
26-06-2007, 08:03 PM
wish you still had a shop in town paul, i miss coming in and asking for the weird stuff

you're more than welcome to come knock at my door asking for weird stuff, i've not seen you for ages. just drop us a mail sometime, i'll pull a load of records out and you can sit down, drink coffee and play on the internet while you listen to stuff.

i can't say i really miss working 7 days for 51 weeks a year at the shop anymore, i did for a bit but it soon passed after spending more time with the family.

i do miss the student girls and that sandwich shop over the road though :briggin:

when does darkside return?

there'll be no more darkside parties. it got a bit crap towards the end :laughing:
i've got a new label starting soon, we'll probably do a few random parties around the time of the first release but i'll let you know.

Traxx
26-06-2007, 10:12 PM
Shame, thought you were just waiting on a venue for darkside.

ds2
26-06-2007, 10:48 PM
Shame, thought you were just waiting on a venue for darkside.

i looked for quite a while Traxx - a few possibilities came up but they weren't right in the end being either too big or too overpriced for what i wanted. can't be doing with big venues charging £4 for a can anymore.

i've actually got somewhere sorted now though, if and when i need it, so something will definitely happen soon, just not on a regular basis and a lot more scaled down. i'll try and bring the usual suspects back but it'll just be the one guest each time instead of the multi line ups we had before.

basslinejunkie
26-06-2007, 10:53 PM
GUTTED!! thats a right pisser :( i never got to a darkside party,was really looking forward to something being sorted

basslinejunkie
26-06-2007, 10:56 PM
o yeah,exium are ace,very rarely disappoint, imo. got a couple of corking sets also,il try upload them sometime for you and also check myspace they mit possibly have a mix on there

ds2
26-06-2007, 10:56 PM
GUTTED!! thats a right pisser :( i never got to a darkside party,was really looking forward to something being sorted

come to the new parties, they'll be better. :briggin:

basslinejunkie
26-06-2007, 11:04 PM
i will mate,re-ignated the techno in a friend of mine so i have a raving buddy now. mulero,you know it makes sense ;)

Si the Sigh
27-06-2007, 08:47 AM
Plenty of info here: http://www.exium-music.com/
And lots in stock here: http://www.ds2shop.co.uk

Si the Sigh
27-06-2007, 09:02 AM
Just downloaded a good live set from the Exium website... :)

ds2
27-06-2007, 09:39 AM
the next release is worth checking, has a track on i've been after for a long time.

http://www.triplevision.nl/release/AAR+027/
first track - self consume.

apparently was supposed to come out on recycled sound a couple of years back but
it never happened, although there's a few promos knocking about.

Paul Zykotik
27-06-2007, 09:45 AM
best way of finding stuff like that is see what other customers have bought alongisde their exium records.

try this link: http://www.ds2shop.co.uk/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=exium
and click on some random titles to see what other customers have bought.

you might not like all these but try pohjola records, emergence, mental disorder, audio assault, warm up, tsunami, pvc, counterbalance, downwards, surface, antidandruff or psychoskunk records for starters. you'll find nearly all the in print and many deleted releases on those labels via the link above.

a shameless bit of self promotion i know - sorry :ohdear:
but it might save you countless wasted hours spent sifting through pages of guff on juno :;

And sweet jesus there's enough of that. If I hear any more clicks and beeps I'll stick my head in the oven.

Thanks for the suggestions, I'll give those a listen tonight. Nothing wrong with self-promotion if it means I can buy some quality music http://www.blackoutaudio.co.uk/forum/images/smilies/1.gif

Cheers for those links Si! And basslinejunkie, that'd be cracking if you were able to get those live sets up.

herman
27-06-2007, 12:11 PM
the next release is worth checking, has a track on i've been after for a long time.

http://www.triplevision.nl/release/AAR+027/
first track - self consume.

apparently was supposed to come out on recycled sound a couple of years back but
it never happened, although there's a few promos knocking about.

I think that Self Consume has been changed a bit since the Recycled Sound promo you know Paul not 100% sure but it doesn't sound as heavy as it did on that, I think that is one my all time "what the **** is that "records.

Also should add if anyone is looking to book a live act of this style Exium are the only people I have seen that come anywhere near close to the mighty Mavericks.

ds2
27-06-2007, 01:41 PM
I think that Self Consume has been changed a bit since the Recycled Sound promo you know Paul not 100% sure but it doesn't sound as heavy as it did on that, I think that is one my all time "what the **** is that "records.

Also should add if anyone is looking to book a live act of this style Exium are the only people I have seen that come anywhere near close to the mighty Mavericks.

it probably has been edited although the clip on triple isn't great so it's hard to tell.
i've not had a promo as yet so can't check.

totally agree about the "wtf" factor though. first time i heard it was at Oscar's last gig for us and i was stuck chatting to someone so couldn't ask him what it was, took me ages to find out afterwards - it's pure, peak time filth.

would love to bring those guys over for a gig, will have to see how things pan out.
mavericks live is pretty unbeatable though, the best live act i've seen by a long way.

eyeswithoutaface
27-06-2007, 08:49 PM
Exium go that little further than the usual dark crew imo, they have such a great, big full sound at times.

my personal fave is still the remix on Tsunami 12

detfella
27-06-2007, 09:21 PM
you're more than welcome to come knock at my door asking for weird stuff, i've not seen you for ages. just drop us a mail sometime, i'll pull a load of records out and you can sit down, drink coffee and play on the internet while you listen to stuff.

that'd be wicked, bit scared i'll buy too much though!

gunjack
02-07-2007, 08:27 PM
exium used to be a disco house duo! SERIOUSLY! if you hear one of their old house records you can hear some of the same, midtempo breakbeat samples used in exium stuff... i won't tell you the name of their old house project though... you can have fun guessing hehe

gj

278d7e64a374de26f==