PDA

View Full Version : techno parties

basslinejunkie
26-06-2007, 11:10 PM
why do things slow down when summer is approaching???

and another thing,whats happend to voodoo???

basslinejunkie
27-06-2007, 12:30 PM
62 views an no replies?? is that coz either you dont know like me,or the question is incredibly dumb?

Mucky Beats
27-06-2007, 01:16 PM
hi dude think its because summer months are the worst for turn outs, july and aug are deffo worst 2 months for turn outs for club nights...too many other things to do like festivals and outdoor partys ... also people are goin on holiday and genraly doing stuff that costs money also clubs get stupid hot and sweaty and blah blah blah hehehe... come sept the fun starts over and the events spring up like hot cakes!!

Numeric
27-06-2007, 01:27 PM
no idea what's happened to Voodoo bud...

last one i attended was Joey Beltram, last may i think...

basslinejunkie
27-06-2007, 01:45 PM
hi dude think its because summer months are the worst for turn outs, july and aug are deffo worst 2 months for turn outs for club nights...too many other things to do like festivals and outdoor partys ... also people are goin on holiday and genraly doing stuff that costs money also clubs get stupid hot and sweaty and blah blah blah hehehe... come sept the fun starts over and the events spring up like hot cakes!!

yeah true.i just thought the weather would bring more people out,but eveeryone does go on hol around this time.

last voodoo i went to was last nov i think,clarke and eddie richards.

wheres eyes,he was involved in voodoo wasnt he?he shoudl know.

Split-Personality
27-06-2007, 01:48 PM
Interesting questions and answers, never thought about it before.....

Just thinking of the some of the "Sweat-Boxes" in the summer is making me hot which I guess is not a bad thing when this weather is quite simply the shittest Summer I have ever seen.

Jay Pace
27-06-2007, 02:45 PM
Nah, its a fair question.

People don't go clubbing as much in the summer, so promoters wait until september.

Summer holidays, festivals, free parties, good weather, beaches, bars etc disincline people to go out and spank their cash on a night out.

Plus students are all away at home, and don't have free time and free money to spend.

All in all, not a good time to promote.

Mucky Beats
27-06-2007, 03:27 PM
true students also make diffrence in citys

Technobitch
27-06-2007, 03:31 PM
i know im much happier at an outdoor or festival in the summer, we dont get enough good weather so a sniff of sunshine and no one wants to be in a club

teknorich
27-06-2007, 05:06 PM
Voodoo has been a total let down of late. Keep promising some events soon, and nothing ever happens. I'll be there like a shot once they set something up, but right now I'm just getting p*ssed off waiting...

Traxx
27-06-2007, 06:37 PM
Never been that impressed by voodoo since its been back anyways, venue is poo.

dirty_bass
27-06-2007, 07:06 PM
Loads of nice phat free parties in the country!!!
Who needs clubs then?

eyeswithoutaface
27-06-2007, 09:13 PM
yeah ive played for Voodoo about 5 times i think and helped out with their promotions, as far as i know there are no plans for any new parties at the moment, there was supposed to be a small party a couple of months back around a bank holiday but there were a few problems with venue and staffing and what not and it had to be cancelled. Certainly been no promises of big parties or anything.

the guy who runs things, Sam, has not long had his 2nd child a lovely baby girl so understandably he is taking alot of time off to be with his new bairn

hopefully things will kick off again after the summer, had the best nights of my life in Voodoo both as a punter and as a Dj

eyeswithoutaface
27-06-2007, 09:16 PM
Never been that impressed by voodoo since its been back anyways, venue is poo.

that's a little unfair mate, there have been some AMAZING parties since Voodoo came back. The Underground Resistance night, the Clarke and Rush night, Beltram, Green Velvet and myself hehe ;)

the atomic jam vs voodoo night was fantastic too

278d7e64a374de26f==