PDA

View Full Version : Is anyone going to Antiworlds 07/07/07 event?

Si the Sigh
27-06-2007, 07:43 AM
Roll on the 'Atomic Jam' and 'Firefly' tent on Saturday and the 'Hello Techno My Old Friend' tent on Sunday.

Looks to be the best event in the UK this year for techno. :)

Si the Sigh
27-06-2007, 07:45 AM
Link for anyone who's unaware of the event: http://www.antiworld070707.com/

Check that line up! :)

Tent's been dusted off, wellys are packed, bring it on!!

Split-Personality
27-06-2007, 11:57 AM
Funny you should say that, after reading the Que Club Thread I went and checked the next Atomic Jam and saw this festival. Would love to see what Thomas Schumacher is all about, the Techno Line-Up does look good.....

But alas after 10 days in Barcelona for Sonar dont think the wallet is gonna hack it. And the main event website left me cold....................

Sounds like and advert on local radio =)

Technobitch
27-06-2007, 07:31 PM
me me me, well i want to go but need a lift, still waiting for my mate to confirm (by tomoz or else:grr: ) looked into the train but cant aford it

hope i can go, it looks mint!

mattboyslim
28-06-2007, 01:52 PM
i'm playing on the friday, in the firefly tent. not sure of set time yet but be sure to come and say hello

Si the Sigh
28-06-2007, 01:55 PM
i'm playing on the friday, in the firefly tent. not sure of set time yet but be sure to come and say hello

Will do! :cool:

davethedrummer
29-06-2007, 10:43 PM
no

davethedrummer
29-06-2007, 10:51 PM
valentino kanzyani and marco nastic in the hard london techno area
sensible

Frank Dogshit
29-06-2007, 11:09 PM
sensible

both play house stuff now i believe?

seeing nastic play the week after,hope hes decent. not a fan of his tunes.

Si the Sigh
30-06-2007, 09:19 AM
no

Was supprised to not see you on the line up TBH.

robin m
02-07-2007, 06:21 PM
I'm going, the lineup works for me...

Matt - I'll be there at the front when you're playing, hopefully manage to splat you between the eyes with a lump of mud :oicamereyou:

Technobitch
02-07-2007, 11:23 PM
dont look like i can go, although i havent given up hope yet

dirty_bass
02-07-2007, 11:37 PM
sensible

And there`s me thinking those boys were here for years in london, banging it out in london at the free parties and underground do`s, forging a sound through the mid 90`s that could be almost exclusively linked to the london free party scene.

I heard that in fact Kanzyani was the ghost producer behind a lot of early london techno releases.

In fact his real name is Dave "apples n pears, knees up mother brown" Smith, and he lives in Bow. Kanzyani is a name he made up for more credibility and he actually got it from the make of a cheap stereo he used to have in his white van when he was a courier.

Roxy Trip
03-07-2007, 12:08 AM
i feel sick that i cant make it. was lookin at tickets a while back and makin massive hints to my fella as to what i wanted my birthday present to be , while pretty much pointing out the website :laughing: didnt fukin work tho .
cant afford it now though spent too much on sensible things. bet its gonna be ace though you lucky bunch of gits that are going :grr:

MARK ANXIOUS
03-07-2007, 12:54 PM
shit roxy, that sucks.

oh well look, i'll be there. see y'all on sunday...

Technobitch
03-07-2007, 01:01 PM
it would be worth going just so i can give you shite if you dont play techno :laughing:

Mucky Beats
03-07-2007, 01:13 PM
REALLY REALLY WANNA GO dont think its gunna happen tho ... deffo gotta go to at least one big techno pound off this year! thinkin of a trip to tresor would be good call!

mattboyslim
03-07-2007, 01:22 PM
I'm going, the lineup works for me...

Matt - I'll be there at the front when you're playing, hopefully manage to splat you between the eyes with a lump of mud :oicamereyou:yeah not lookin to hot is it. don't know how muich more mud i can handle after glasto

Roxy Trip
03-07-2007, 02:32 PM
seeing as im missing this il have to be on the look out for a techno event later on in the year to travel to i guess, but the line up for anti-world is soo good , cant think what else yet that id want to go to.

mattboyslim
03-07-2007, 03:21 PM
by the way £35 day tickets, and £70 2 days tickets now available.

theledge
03-07-2007, 04:42 PM
by the way £35 day tickets, and £70 2 days tickets now available.

interesting , i wonder how many tickets theyve sold ..

Si the Sigh
04-07-2007, 10:39 AM
http://www.liveclub.net/rushmoorarena/images/arenapanoramabanner.jpg

robin m
04-07-2007, 07:48 PM
Oh yeah - and it's my birthday on the Sunday as well so Mr EG if you could have the bottle of bubbly ready for when I come up to the booth & get everyone singing happy birthday that'd do nicely :;

MARK ANXIOUS
04-07-2007, 08:21 PM
hahaha ok i'm on a 2pm. see y'll there.

MARK ANXIOUS
08-07-2007, 04:24 PM
well, actually, i won't be seeing you there. unfortunately the stage got cancelled. bah what a downer, especially as i'd left ground zero in holland early to get and a plane and drive down to this. i was actually about 40 minutes away when i was told about it so thought *uk it, turned round, drove back to leeds and am about to go to the pub for a cheeky sunday pint. :cheese:

i hope those of you that went enjoyed it..

djbuzzbe
08-07-2007, 04:47 PM
hearin it was disaster half tents bein cacelled djs pulled etc etc glad i never went!

digitalboy
08-07-2007, 04:53 PM
i don't recognise many names on there.

echodek
09-07-2007, 09:56 AM
did anyone get down there? how did it go?

neko
09-07-2007, 10:52 AM
My mate went and she told me they got off at noon yesterday.
Said there was no shows all over the shop, they couldn't be arsed with it so didn't bother hanging round.
Sounds like a shambles by all accounts, she's gutted she chose this over Glade now.

basslinejunkie
09-07-2007, 12:14 PM
sounds like a disaster!!! not good.

lunatrick
09-07-2007, 02:48 PM
there are a lot of other festies on these days and the glade was this month also.....bit of risk really....

kai_1
09-07-2007, 03:33 PM
I was there all weekend and I've gotta say it was a disaster from the very beginning. Every indoor stage was empty during the day as there was only 3000 or so people at the whole event, who rightly lapped up the outdoor Psy Trance in the sun - barely any of the big Techno names turned up once told they would not be getting paid, so if you went to see the likes of Adam Beyer, Technasia, DJ Rush, Valentino Kanzyani you would have been very dissapointed.

The people that did turn up - Marco Bailey, DJ Murphy, Fergie, Josh Wink, Thomas Schumacher were forced to play at such a ridiculously low level due to the sound restrictions once it got dark that it really wasn't worth it and made a bit of a mockery of the whole event (bad site planning) - the council wanted it shut down Fri nite and obviously had the excuse they needed too SUnday lunchtime after the medics and security walked when they found out there was no money to pay them... Such a shame as this had big potential...

...Dave...
09-07-2007, 03:42 PM
****:whoops:

thats harsh.

glad i didnt go. but its a sign of the times.

all uk festivals are shit really anyway. sound levels just take the piss these days

Jay Pace
09-07-2007, 03:49 PM
Blimey

Glade is wicked. Can't fault Glade.

Its got better every year so far. Fingers crossed the weather improves....

MARK ANXIOUS
09-07-2007, 04:50 PM
****:whoops:

thats harsh.

glad i didnt go. but its a sign of the times.

all uk festivals are shit really anyway. sound levels just take the piss these days

enrico (the promoter) isn't a bad guy. i think he just got a little bit out of his depth and after knowing the ticket sales were low, it was either pull the event or put it on and hope. i went down knowing i wasn't going to get paid but sadly was told it was off 40 mins from the venue. i think the situation is here is enrico has tried to do a serious music festival but got certain things to do with promotion wrong. fair play to him for trying but i really do feel for those that spent money on a ticket and felt they got a raw deal. i thnk iit's just one of those things. if it was me i wouldn't try to put a gig on like this without first being a little more recognised as a name out of london.

kai_1
09-07-2007, 05:16 PM
Overall the promotion outside of the underground/psy scene was very poor - and putting something on 2 weeks before Glade within 30 miles of that site was a big mistake.

Still - most people I knew there were having a good time regardless and obviously Enrico truely was trying to put on an outstanding party. I'm reviewing the event for IDJ mag and will try and look at the positives, but having scanned a lot other forums today it seems like there are a LOT of unhappy people who splashed out for their tickets...

Jay Pace
09-07-2007, 05:38 PM
hahah

Check out Rob Hood's bio
http://www.antiworld070707.com/artistdetails.cfm?artistID=09030709361241534

He's a lot whiter than I remember
http://www.antiworld070707.com/imagedump/thumb_robert%20hood%201.jpg

MARK ANXIOUS
09-07-2007, 05:54 PM
hahah

Check out Rob Hood's bio

hahahahaah :laughing::laughing::laughing:

rhythmlogistics
09-07-2007, 06:26 PM
I was there all weekend and I've gotta say it was a disaster from the very beginning. Every indoor stage was empty during the day as there was only 3000 or so people at the whole event, who rightly lapped up the outdoor Psy Trance in the sun - barely any of the big Techno names turned up once told they would not be getting paid, so if you went to see the likes of Adam Beyer, Technasia, DJ Rush, Valentino Kanzyani you would have been very dissapointed.

The people that did turn up - Marco Bailey, DJ Murphy, Fergie, Josh Wink, Thomas Schumacher were forced to play at such a ridiculously low level due to the sound restrictions once it got dark that it really wasn't worth it and made a bit of a mockery of the whole event (bad site planning) - the council wanted it shut down Fri nite and obviously had the excuse they needed too SUnday lunchtime after the medics and security walked when they found out there was no money to pay them... Such a shame as this had big potential...

gotta second what he said - and add that the shit sucka truck was pumpin all the waste into the wrong drainage system which "contaminated" the main (psy) stage..... council shut it down :-(

so gutted we endured the ****in psytrance for 2 whole days and got there thursday night - thinking there'd be a wkd techno line up - it seemed like the psy boys weren't cancelled it was just the techno peeps told "no money".

if we'd known there'd be as little techno (and as quiet) we would def not have bothered. - murphy though........ wow!!! scratchin the deck like a guitar - top stuff respect!!!

ya live and learn :-(

eyeswithoutaface
09-07-2007, 06:32 PM
sounds like the worst organised even in a long time. I know a few people who went and are extremely disapointed. An event of this magnitude should not be relying on the majority of door sales to pay its artists after advertising such big names, poor do that

robin m
09-07-2007, 06:42 PM
You win some you lose some...

We tried to have a good time anyway but for what it cost it was impossible not to be diappointed. Well done the people who came and played for free, my respect for Fergie went up another notch for playing several hours to a virtually abandoned tent for nothing. I didn't realise Marco Bailey or DJ Murphy went ahead with it though, nobody had the remotest clue who was still playing and where...

Shit happens :whoops:

robin m
09-07-2007, 06:42 PM
hahah

Check out Rob Hood's bio

:laughing: :laughing:

That really sums the whole mess up nicely...

...Dave...
09-07-2007, 08:46 PM
hahahah:laughing:

surely thats a joke?

if it is its hillarious.

it its seriously a mistake. its even better:laughing:

eyeswithoutaface
09-07-2007, 09:25 PM
hahaha that just about sums up the event for me really

me thinks this was a money making attempt gone horribly wrong

kai_1
09-07-2007, 10:06 PM
You win some you lose some...

We tried to have a good time anyway but for what it cost it was impossible not to be diappointed. Well done the people who came and played for free, my respect for Fergie went up another notch for playing several hours to a virtually abandoned tent for nothing. I didn't realise Marco Bailey or DJ Murphy went ahead with it though, nobody had the remotest clue who was still playing and where...

Shit happens :whoops:

Your'e right, noone knew who was on or where at any point other than Sat on the main psy stage which seemed to be totally unaffected by the whole fiasco.

Marco Bailey, DJ Murphy and DJ Preach all played on the fri night in the tent full of Maniks Funktion 1 (hosted by Party Proactive) - the tent Fergie played in also hosted the Chew The Fat breaks day on Sat but unfortunately for them there was about 20 people in there at best the whole day :-(

dirty_bass
09-07-2007, 11:04 PM
Your'e right, noone knew who was on or where at any point other than Sat on the main psy stage which seemed to be totally unaffected by the whole fiasco.

Marco Bailey, DJ Murphy and DJ Preach all played on the fri night in the tent full of Maniks Funktion 1 (hosted by Party Proactive) - the tent Fergie played in also hosted the Chew The Fat breaks day on Sat but unfortunately for them there was about 20 people in there at best the whole day :-(

Manik were a part of this?
No wonder it went poop.
Too many gangsters involved in this event.
I knew this wasn`t gonna go well, but wanted to keep schtum for fear of being called negative.

kai_1
09-07-2007, 11:18 PM
Well they were supplying the sound in one of the tents - believe me they had nothing to do with it going tits up whatsoever. Two reasons as far as I could see -

1. Not enough tickets sold to get anywhere near financing the ambitious lineup they promised.

2. Bad location - the council were obviously uneasy about this from the start and the night time noise restrictions were a joke.

davethedrummer
10-07-2007, 12:06 AM
enrico (the promoter) isn't a bad guy. i think he just got a little bit out of his depth and after knowing the ticket sales were low, it was either pull the event or put it on and hope. i went down knowing i wasn't going to get paid but sadly was told it was off 40 mins from the venue. i think the situation is here is enrico has tried to do a serious music festival but got certain things to do with promotion wrong. fair play to him for trying but i really do feel for those that spent money on a ticket and felt they got a raw deal. i thnk iit's just one of those things. if it was me i wouldn't try to put a gig on like this without first being a little more recognised as a name out of london.

sorry mark i disagree
he is a twat
and i'm not surprised this went the way it did
he's got a bad habit of not paying and not respecting ( did anyone hear about them emptying the loos into the local river????)
and to be honest that is why i was not on the bill

i will not play for him

end of

RDR
10-07-2007, 07:21 AM
sorry mark i disagree
he is a twat
he's got a bad habit of not paying and not respecting ( did anyone hear about them emptying the loos into the local river????)

i will not play for him

end of

Thats a damning indictment.

dirty_bass
10-07-2007, 07:26 AM
sorry mark i disagree
he is a twat

i will not play for him

end of

Now there is a big old nugget of the truth.
So many naughty things have happened behind the scenes with this "organisation".
Since day dot at tyssen street studios, bad shenanigans have gone on.
It`s about time it was disclosed.

MARK ANXIOUS
10-07-2007, 01:02 PM
well i can only go on my own experience. i've been paid all the time apart from alexandra palace and even then it was me who told him not to bother cause he'd obviously lost out. anyway, a forum is the wrong place to get into this surely?? :;

it's a shame, cause the uk does need more events like glade and the like. hopefully we'll get someone else taking the risk in the future, but obviously with a bit more thought about promotion...

teknorich
10-07-2007, 01:34 PM
Am going to Glade, and well looking forward to it, but it could do with a bit more techno.
Mark, any chance of you driving up in a minibus and playing the decks out of the back doors, like a crazy mobile disco?!? He he, that'd be ace =)

MARK ANXIOUS
10-07-2007, 02:02 PM
Am going to Glade, and well looking forward to it, but it could do with a bit more techno.
Mark, any chance of you driving up in a minibus and playing the decks out of the back doors, like a crazy mobile disco?!? He he, that'd be ace =)

do you know, i was thinking of buying a van next time instead of a car, so that i could do exactly this. i've lost count of the times i've been outside a party thinking wouldn't this be a great spot to bang out some tunes. imagine that. a full on mobile techno machine. :ruevil:

Mucky Beats
10-07-2007, 02:35 PM
do you know, i was thinking of buying a van next time instead of a car, so that i could do exactly this. i've lost count of the times i've been outside a party thinking wouldn't this be a great spot to bang out some tunes. imagine that. a full on mobile techno machine. :ruevil:

hahaha....sounds good... but your always in a rush let alone a party bus...you need a fast car mark hahaha

conor256
10-07-2007, 04:30 PM
hahah

Check out Rob Hood's bio

Holy good **** ...... thats f*ckin hilarious

tOM B
10-07-2007, 04:38 PM
sounds like the worst organised even in a long time.

it sounds pretty bad - but i've been to some pretty unorganised festivals over the last few years

sunrise last year couldn't afford to pay any crew or artists etc. It's a poor goings on really. It's generally acknowledged that a festival won't make any money in the first three years - but the way people manage it is to get some serious financial backing for the event. It seems to me that the festies that run out of money tend to be the ones run by egotistical idiots that rush into these things without thinking through the full logistics and costs of a large 3 day event.

anyway thankfully there are still some good ones about - we'll be pulling on site at the glade on monday - hopefully the weather will take a turn for the better and the sound restrictions won't be too severe.

mattboyslim
10-07-2007, 05:34 PM
bum deal for those who paid to go, but I got a 2nd set thanks to the mess, and played to a pretty up for it crowd, in the same tent that fergie played to no-one.

After a day of middle of the road minimal I think my tougher stuff went down fairly well.

Im beginning to hear more and more rumours about what went on. And I know a lot of stuff first hand, but mark is right, this, and any message baord for that matter, is no place for it. They ****ed up, end of. Though I wouldn.t count on people getting any ticket money back

cheers darkmode by the way. will give the tunes a listen when i get back from serbia

robin m
10-07-2007, 08:34 PM
bum deal for those who paid to go, but I got a 2nd set thanks to the mess, and played to a pretty up for it crowd, in the same tent that fergie played to no-one.

Im beginning to hear more and more rumours about what went on. And I know a lot of stuff first hand, but mark is right, this, and any message baord for that matter, is no place for it. They ****ed up, end of. Though I wouldn.t count on people getting any ticket money back

I missed your set... it was such a shambles that nobody knew who was playing and where so we missed even the few things that did still happen.

I'd normally agree that message boards aren't the place for slagging off - but as someone who paid a shitload for this fiasco instead of going to glade for eg I feel completely justified in it... there was no way that weekend was anywhere near worth the (considerable) cost and there's absolutely no ****ing way I'll ever think about going to another event that's got the antiworld name anywhere near it.

Fair enough there's a learning curve - and fair enough some of the lineup getting pulled - but for absolutely nobody on the bill showing up and the whole thing being axed a day early? The more I think about it, sod keeping quiet - I'm furious...

teknorich
11-07-2007, 07:44 AM
I don't see why negative comments should be kept quiet cos this is a public forum. That seems bizarre. There's no place for mindless insults or attacks on the organisers (calling them "tw*ts etc) but if people have simple factual complaints, then they SHOULD be aired in public, no?
Nothing wrong with that, and no need to keep it secret.

Si the Sigh
11-07-2007, 08:21 AM
My girlfriend and I paid £200+ for 3 days of music and to see the following DJ's and Live PA's at Antiworld:

Speedy J Live
Technasia Live
Digitalism Live
Blackstrobe Live
Adam Beyer
Ade Fenton
British Murder Boys
Chris Finke
Green Velvet
Nick Grater
Pendulum
Freestylers
Aquasky
Seb Marx Live
Jimige Live
DJ Rush
Valentino Kanzyani
Marco Nastic
Chris Liberator
Mark EG
Zebedee
Pat Hurley
Animatek
Julian Gas
Product 19
Layo & Bushwacka
Alloy Mental Live
Utah Saints Dex N FX
Tokyo Acid Crew Live
Plaid Live
Robert Hood
Ben Sims
Ben Long
Shade Of Rhythm Live PA
Nicky Blackmarket
Slipmatt
Isotonik Crew - Perry K, Lukozade & MC Ice
Billy 'Daniel' Bunter
Niki Dimensions
Squirrel
The Spinsterz
Jack Bass
DJ Devious D

Instead we had 2 days of music as it got shut down, were kicked off the site by the old bill and we did NOT see the following DJ's as they were NOT booked:

Speedy J Live
Technasia Live
Digitalism Live
Blackstrobe Live
Adam Beyer
Ade Fenton
British Murder Boys
Chris Finke
Green Velvet
Nick Grater
Pendulum
Freestylers
Aquasky
Seb Marx Live
Jimige Live
DJ Rush
Valentino Kanzyani
Marco Nastic
Chris Liberator
Mark EG
Zebedee
Pat Hurley
Animatek
Julian Gas
Product 19
Layo & Bushwacka
Alloy Mental Live
Utah Saints Dex N FX
Tokyo Acid Crew Live
Plaid Live
Robert Hood
Ben Sims
Ben Long
Shade Of Rhythm Live PA
Nicky Blackmarket
Slipmatt
Billy 'Daniel' Bunter
Niki Dimensions
Squirrel
The Spinsterz
Jack Bass
DJ Devious D

The whole thing was a joke and a rip off. Too many things going wrong there all the time, I can't even be arsed to go into anymore detail.

The promoter is a fu*king cunt.

END OF.

RDR
11-07-2007, 08:26 AM
My girlfriend and I paid £200+ for 3 days of music and to see the following DJ's and Live PA's at Antiworld:

Speedy J Live
Technasia Live
Digitalism Live
Blackstrobe Live
Adam Beyer
Ade Fenton
British Murder Boys
Chris Finke
Green Velvet
Nick Grater
Pendulum
Freestylers
Aquasky
Seb Marx Live
Jimige Live
DJ Rush
Valentino Kanzyani
Marco Nastic
Chris Liberator
Mark EG
Zebedee
Pat Hurley
Animatek
Julian Gas
Product 19
Layo & Bushwacka
Alloy Mental Live
Utah Saints Dex N FX
Tokyo Acid Crew Live
Plaid Live
Robert Hood
Ben Sims
Ben Long
Shade Of Rhythm Live PA
Nicky Blackmarket
Slipmatt
Billy 'Daniel' Bunter
Niki Dimensions
Squirrel
The Spinsterz
Jack Bass
DJ Devious D

Instead we had 2 days of music as it got shut down, were kicked off the site by the old bill and we did NOT see the following DJ's as they were NOT booked:

Speedy J Live
Technasia Live
Digitalism Live
Blackstrobe Live
Adam Beyer
Ade Fenton
British Murder Boys
Chris Finke
Green Velvet
Nick Grater
Pendulum
Freestylers
Aquasky
Seb Marx Live
Jimige Live
DJ Rush
Valentino Kanzyani
Marco Nastic
Chris Liberator
Mark EG
Zebedee
Pat Hurley
Animatek
Julian Gas
Product 19
Layo & Bushwacka
Alloy Mental Live
Utah Saints Dex N FX
Tokyo Acid Crew Live
Plaid Live
Robert Hood
Ben Sims
Ben Long
Shade Of Rhythm Live PA
Nicky Blackmarket
Slipmatt
Billy 'Daniel' Bunter
Niki Dimensions
Squirrel
The Spinsterz
Jack Bass
DJ Devious D

The whole thing was a joke and a rip off. Too many things going wrong there all the time, I can't even be arsed to go into anymore detail.

The promoter is a fu*king cunt.

END OF.

Im not suprised you're annoyed. I would be to.

Si the Sigh
11-07-2007, 09:16 AM
Mate, I'm fu*king fuming...

Louk
11-07-2007, 10:38 AM
ah man that sounds horrible!!!

Si the Sigh
11-07-2007, 11:04 AM
I will never EVER attend an Antiworld event again.

robin m
11-07-2007, 11:23 AM
I will never EVER attend an Antiworld event again.

I second that... not a chance. Bollocks to them. The way they tried to deal with the lack of punters and cash by cutting every single cost they could while still trying to wring whatever money they could out of us was disgraceful. They knew what was going to happen well beforehand.

It's especially harsh for the many people who had come from abroad and had had to pay for plane tickets - and I feel gutted for the other promoters they misled, screwed over and dragged down with them... interesting how they still managed to put on a shitload of psytrance though they pulled the plug on literally everything else.

Waste of a beautiful weekend :grr:

Si the Sigh
11-07-2007, 11:32 AM
I felt so sorry for the people we met from all over the world as well. People had travelled far and wide for this.

Really wanna hear what the promoters of Atomic Jam have to say about the whole thing as their names been dragged through the mud as well.

Si the Sigh
11-07-2007, 11:37 AM
Funny how the forum on the Antiworld websites not available all of a sudden...

basslinejunkie
11-07-2007, 11:52 AM
sounds like a blantant rip off to me.flase promises to get more through the door.

Si the Sigh
11-07-2007, 12:25 PM
Deffo.

We turned up and there was 4 of the 8 advertised stages / tents. Ok we thought, fu*k it, the weathers awesome, we'll take Friday as it comes and hope for some techno on Saturday.

Saturday arrived. Plenty of sun. No techno though. Ok we thought, fu*k it, the weathers awesome, we'll take Saturday as it comes and hope for some techno on Sunday.

Sunday arrived. Plenty of sun. No techno though. Ok we thought, fu*k it, the weathers awesome, we'll take Sunday as it comes...

Nope. Old bill are steaming in and the sites being shut down at 10am. The promoter(s) are no where to be seen. People with day tickets are turning up from all over to find the place deserted.

The weather was awesome though...

Si the Sigh
11-07-2007, 12:28 PM
Best act we saw all weekend was The Human Pete Box.

Utterly amazing! :)

MARK ANXIOUS
11-07-2007, 12:29 PM
I don't see why negative comments should be kept quiet cos this is a public forum. That seems bizarre. There's no place for mindless insults or attacks on the organisers (calling them "tw*ts etc) but if people have simple factual complaints, then they SHOULD be aired in public, no?
Nothing wrong with that, and no need to keep it secret.

i agree completely. it's only the fact that h and me started to mention payments and crap when obviously enrico is not here to justify himself, that's all ;)

MARK ANXIOUS
11-07-2007, 12:34 PM
Deffo.

We turned up and there was 4 of the 8 advertised stages / tents. Ok we thought, fu*k it, the weathers awesome, we'll take Friday as it comes and hope for some techno on Saturday.

Saturday arrived. Plenty of sun. No techno though. Ok we thought, fu*k it, the weathers awesome, we'll take Saturday as it comes and hope for some techno on Sunday.

Sunday arrived. Plenty of sun. No techno though. Ok we thought, fu*k it, the weathers awesome, we'll take Sunday as it comes...

Nope. Old bill are steaming in and the sites being shut down at 10am. The promoter(s) are no where to be seen. People with day tickets are turning up from all over to find the place deserted.

The weather was awesome though...

seems like you enjoyed the weather then si?

teknorich
11-07-2007, 12:38 PM
fair do's mark, you're right there.

robin m
11-07-2007, 01:26 PM
i agree completely. it's only the fact that h and me started to mention payments and crap when obviously enrico is not here to justify himself, that's all ;)

Normally I'd agree - but where and when do you think he is he going to pop up and justify himself?

Nobody told us anything particularly useful at the actual event, just kept telling porkies about the lineup. The antiworld site is completely down and I haven't seen one statement from any of the organisers posted or linked to on any of the forums I've looked at (squatjuice, psyforum, festivalweather). If they're not saying anything or responding to anyone's whinges we shouldn't just shut up about it! It was an inexcusable waste of people's money.

Si the Sigh
11-07-2007, 01:26 PM
seems like you enjoyed the weather then si?

Yea mate, got a nice tan! :)

Si the Sigh
11-07-2007, 01:27 PM
Normally I'd agree - but where and when do you think he is he going to pop up and justify himself?

Nobody told us anything particularly useful at the actual event, just kept telling porkies about the lineup. The antiworld site is completely down and I haven't seen one statement from any of the organisers posted or linked to on any of the forums I've looked at (squatjuice, psyforum, festivalweather). If they're not saying anything or responding to anyone's whinges we shouldn't just shut up about it! It was an inexcusable waste of people's money.

110% agree ^

The weather was good though, etc...

davethedrummer
11-07-2007, 05:01 PM
well i can only go on my own experience. i've been paid all the time apart from alexandra palace and even then it was me who told him not to bother cause he'd obviously lost out. anyway, a forum is the wrong place to get into this surely?? :;

it's a shame, cause the uk does need more events like glade and the like. hopefully we'll get someone else taking the risk in the future, but obviously with a bit more thought about promotion...

sorry mark maybe you're right about it being on a forum , apologies if its too harsh ( or too true )
but i have spoken my mind directly to enrico and to many others involved in antiworld
they know my views on it so i don't feel wrong in saying it here
i've got nothing to hide here
you would have got payed along with most "guest" djs most of the time as that was the way they did things at antiworld.

no the reason i am so sore is largely down to the way us "resident" djs were treated over the years

and boy do they know it.

just a little more respect would have gone such a long way

davethedrummer
11-07-2007, 05:02 PM
*paid*

Si the Sigh
12-07-2007, 11:54 AM
Just found this...

Antiworld would like to apologise to all festival goers, artists and crew who attended last weekend’s 070707 Festival at Rushmore Arena and thank them for their support and understanding. We are very sorry about the early closure of the festival and the problems that occurred. We’re going to try and address some of your concerns below as we are well aware that there’s more than a few rumours being spread and we would prefer that people know the truth.

The festival opened around two hours late on Thursday afternoon after passing all its health and safety checks. We were scheduled to open at 3 pm but gates finally opened at 5 pm after a later fire inspection took longer than anticipated. We apologise to the people waiting at 3 pm, but we could only wait until the council carried out their vital checks to ensure the site was safe.

On Saturday at 2.45 pm the company responsible for waste disposal pumped raw sewage into a pipe near the top of the festival site. We would like to stress that this company had been paid a substantial deposit to provide the portaloos around the site and dispose of the waste at a facility nearby, and given their many years of experience at other major UK festivals, there was absolutely no reason to doubt their ability, nor that they would take shortcuts. Unfortunately however the pipe the sewage was pumped into exploded and the sewage surfaced in the backstage area, specifically the artist and crew kitchen and catering area, which was immediately shut by the council.

On Saturday evening we managed to deal with this situation by arranging meals for artists and crew through the various stalls on the site, and with so many of the public already on site waiting for the main headliners, the decision was taken that it was too dangerous to evacuate at this time with little or no public transport and not much chance of it being safe for people to drive. We’d like to thank all that helped out here, especially the Veggedelic stall who saved the day and provided great wholesome food throughout and all the other crew who did more than their fair share. We can only apologise for the stress and extra work this caused. We appreciate that you all worked far more than had been agreed and will be in touch with you individually about your refunds. We would like crew to know that we had actually spent thousands of pounds on food and supplies to get us all through the festival, but due to regulations we could not actually cook or start fires on the site ourselves once the crew kitchen had been closed.

By Sunday it was evident that we couldn’t feed all the crew and the environmental health issues were growing. There were concerns that if it rained the sewage would get into the water table and contaminate the festival area, putting the health of festival goers, artists and crew at risk. The festival was closed around midday on Sunday after a council inspection showed that there was no way that the environmental safety issues could be resolved in the time we had left. We couldn’t feed the crew we had left and the medics had left thanks to the health and safety issues, so the police recommended we close the site or else they would be forced to take further action. However with so many party-goers still in festival mode it was impossible to evacuate the entire area in a hurry, although we couldn’t start cleaning up or doing any work until the public were off the site.

If we hadn’t shut when we did Skazi and Talamasca would have played. They were waiting and were just as disappointed as the rest of us that they didn’t get to play in the end. Whether artists play or not, they still need their flights and hotels paid and it’s a long way to come and sit in a hotel room.

Another point that should be addressed is that we placed too much expectation on our ticket sales when planning the festival. Originally our plan was to stage a 5,000 capacity camping festival, but we then found out it needed to be bigger if we wanted to use the awesome Rushmoor Arena site. The licence was granted for 15,000 campers — another mistake, because there was no possible way for Antiworld to sell that many tickets in today’s current climate, despite the great efforts of the many promoters, artists and crew involved.

By April 2007 sales were still slow and the festival should have been cancelled and tickets refunded, but we still felt we could move forward with the help of sponsorship and more advance sales. By June 2007 sales were steady but not in the numbers we had hoped and sponsors were not available due to commitments made to other festivals. By this time, we had spent a lot of money in advertising and in fees toward artists to secure the dates. Many of the artists who didn’t turn up to perform had already received 50% of their fees in advance but decided not to turn up because the remaining 50% due had not cleared into their account on time. We know this was a big disappointment for some of those who came to the festival hoping to see a favourite act; again we can only apologise.

After years of planning and preparation we are devastated by the outcome and can only apologise to the many festival goers, artists and crew who were as sorely disappointed as we are after losing out on the final seven or so hours of the festival. We’re also aware that there were some organisational problems with the festival itself and due to there being lower numbers than expected, some artists and stages were cancelled. The cancellation of the stages/artists was down to agreements between the specific artists and promotions involved: as explained above, deposits had been paid.

We’d like to thank the council for making sure the festival opened in the first place and for helping us provide a safe yet beautiful venue for people to party in. We all had the welfare of festival goers at heart and did our best to make sure things were as safe as possible at all times, especially given the extreme recent weather conditions. We’d also like to thank the police for their help closing the festival on Sunday afternoon. Closing a busy festival at its peak was always going to be a challenge and the police made sure festival goers and crew were informed and able to stay on site until they were ready to move — leading to many saying that Sunday was their best night of the festival, with so many groups of chilled out festival goers and crew making the most of their time left.

Most of all though, we’d like to thank the 5000 party-goers, artists and crew that made this such an incredible event. Yes there were a few things that went wrong, and the people involved will be contacted over the next couple of weeks to discuss their individual situations and try and make amends. Overall however the crowd, site, stages, music and production were fantastic.

We hope that festival-goers, artists and crew and anyone else who has suffered as a result of this event can bear with us over this difficult time and ask you to please understand that we are not doing this for the money: we have lost everything — the income from many successful events, years worth of planning and hard work and any goodwill we may have built up over the years from party goers, artists and last but by no means least, our crew.

Please direct your feedback to e303power@hotmail.com (e303power@hotmail.com) or text 0779 321 9497. Don’t call or leave a message but text and we’ll get back to you over the next couple of weeks. We realise that many people need refunds and compensation for the money that have lost, but this is a situation that is going to take some time to sort out. We need to hear your suggestions and concerns, especially if anyone has any video footage of the waste that ultimately led to the site being closed, as we will need as much evidence as possible for our legal proceedings.

Thanks again to all the festival-goers, artists and crew who made this one hell of a festival.

Peace and love,
Enrico Sorbello
Antiworld

eyeswithoutaface
12-07-2007, 12:33 PM
everyone ring the number

that would be funny

basslinejunkie
12-07-2007, 12:57 PM
if i was in some peoples situ,id post it in every seedy public toliet and phone box with the words ' young blonde who wants some cock' attached.

Si the Sigh
12-07-2007, 12:57 PM
Just emailed the geezer...

Si the Sigh
12-07-2007, 12:58 PM
if i was in some peoples situ,id post it in every seedy public toliet and phone box with the words ' young blonde who wants some cock' attached.

:) :) :) :)

TechMouse
12-07-2007, 01:10 PM
it's a shame, cause the uk does need more events like glade and the like.
Really?

Surely the fact that it was so woefully undersold is a pretty big indicator that the UK probably doesn't need another event like this.

If the demand was there then there wouldn't have been so many problems.

TechMouse
12-07-2007, 01:13 PM
Like this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AeZOeTg5dDE

(But with better music obviously...)

robin m
12-07-2007, 01:20 PM
"Some" artists and stages cancelled?

I saw Josh Wink and Fergie, full stop. The only people who were even close to being delivered to were the psytrance crowd. This announcement is a small step in the right direction, but for me and the vast majority of others who went this was under no circumstances "one hell of a festival" and regardless of the spin he's trying to put on it I have no sympathy for the guy whatsoever.

Si the Sigh
12-07-2007, 01:44 PM
Again, agree 110% ^

Anyone who went there for techno, was ripped off.

dirty_bass
12-07-2007, 07:59 PM
a FEW things went wrong?
haha
typical cop out.

MARK ANXIOUS
13-07-2007, 01:38 AM
Really?

Surely the fact that it was so woefully undersold is a pretty big indicator that the UK probably doesn't need another event like this.

good point. why oh why is techno so unrepresented over here. it drives me insane. i play in holland and 50,000 are dancing to miss djax and luke slater EACH weekend.

i have to say, this event had alot of potential. it just wasnt promoted right... imho...

Technobitch
13-07-2007, 08:40 AM
gutted it didnt all work out, i really wanted to go and support this event, i thought it was a wicked line up for the uk but i just couldnt get ppl to go, they all presume for what ever reason that as its on in the uk there well be to many rules and regulations and wouldnt be as good as abroad.

eyeswithoutaface
13-07-2007, 08:47 AM
gutted it didnt all work out, i really wanted to go and support this event, i thought it was a wicked line up for the uk but i just couldnt get ppl to go, they all presume for what ever reason that as its on in the uk there well be to many rules and regulations and wouldnt be as good as abroad.

and that's exactly how it was! :)

the uk just isnt the place for big festivals with lineups of that magnitude, with the odd exceptions like Glade and to be fair, alot of festivals in London always seem to be really, really well run, if a little dodgy and camp lineup wise

eyeswithoutaface
13-07-2007, 08:48 AM
and to be fair where's the potential when, apparently, half the artists advertised where not booked in the first place, or certainly there wasnt the money available to 100% secure the services in the first place, in which case they shouldnt of been advertised.

i dont think anyone can defend the promoter here to be honest

dirty_bass
13-07-2007, 09:22 AM
Englands music scene is a lot more prone to fashion, and unfortunately techno is pretty much out of fashion.
So we have less support and fewer numbers to support such big festivals anyway.
I think this was run more in the lines of, lets earn as much money as we can, rather than correctly assessing the scene and market.

Si the Sigh
13-07-2007, 09:41 AM
Quite simply put, if the techno DJ's and PA's advertised on the flyer where there, performing on the outdoor stage (which had an awesome system), with that sun, it would have been the best thing ever. And thats a fact.

teknorich
13-07-2007, 10:31 AM
Always seems to me that there are more Techno fans in Holland, Germany etc. In the Uk Techno just isn't that popular. Any Techno club night I go to is always half full, and tho people love it, the crowds are never there. From what I understand, Techno clubs in Europe are much busier and more popular.
Maybe we just don't have a big enough scene to support large events like this? We can't sell enough tickets, so we can't pay for the artists, so it doesn't work.

This is NO excuse for what happened at Antiworld, just a thought in general.
Do big events in Germany etc work out better cos they have a bigger fan base?

tOM B
13-07-2007, 02:24 PM
Really?

i disagree with this, we work at 6 or 7 festivals every year and 90% of these are sold out - those that aren't are seeing increasing ticket sales every year

I think timing is critical - it is very close to the glade and not long after glastonbury (alot of folks will still be on site there).

The other major factor is don't run before you can walk - 15 000 people is a lot for your first festival. Ok so they couldn't have used that venue but i'm sure there are others. If you start smaller and gain a reputation for being a well organised event then you can grow. The glade was in it's third year last year and only just hit 15 000, it's an extremly well organised event and is always oversubscribed. Also they'd done their stage at glastonbury first - thus meaning they already had their foot in the door with the festival community - unfortunatly antiworld hasn't really been seen as part of the 'festival circuit' and will therefore not attract a certain amount of people who travel event to event.

I think the uk has got the market for events of this kind - the bloc weekender was a huge success - but they do need to be organised and thought out properly.

teknorich
13-07-2007, 02:50 PM
But are those general "dance" music festivals, like Creamfileds, Global gathering etc?
This festival had quite a heavy tilt towards techno, much more so than other festivals such as Glade. Could that be why it was so undersold??

tOM B
13-07-2007, 03:19 PM
all different - but they all still work. The thing about a festival is that is it about much more than just the music. Hell the big green gathering and shambala don't even release line ups and they still do really well. I don't think it's about what music you decide to put on it's about getting the scale right and creating a 'whole event'

teknorich
13-07-2007, 03:31 PM
I disagree. "Nobody listens to techno..."
He is a c*nt, but he has a point!
How many thousands of people go to see Tiesto? And how many go to see Robert Natus (who?!).
More commercial lineups will always attract more people. That's the nature of the beast.
Even the scally mongos in my office are all talking about Creamfields, and who they want to see there. You think they have even heard of half of the Techno artists on the Antiworld lineup? No way.

Katie
13-07-2007, 04:58 PM
I missed your set... it was such a shambles that nobody knew who was playing and where so we missed even the few things that did still happen.

I'd normally agree that message boards aren't the place for slagging off - but as someone who paid a shitload for this fiasco instead of going to glade for eg I feel completely justified in it... there was no way that weekend was anywhere near worth the (considerable) cost and there's absolutely no ****ing way I'll ever think about going to another event that's got the antiworld name anywhere near it.

Fair enough there's a learning curve - and fair enough some of the lineup getting pulled - but for absolutely nobody on the bill showing up and the whole thing being axed a day early? The more I think about it, sod keeping quiet - I'm furious...

Coulddn't agree more! I was completely gutted as I was un-decided whether to go to Glad again or Go to Antiworld! what a mistake. It seemed like it was run by a group of amateurs, they can't be ****ing up like that when people are paying £100 for a ticket! Just well gutted I'm missing Glade now! :-(

force
13-07-2007, 06:34 PM
Coulddn't agree more! I was completely gutted as I was un-decided whether to go to Glad again or Go to Antiworld! what a mistake. It seemed like it was run by a group of amateurs, they can't be ****ing up like that when people are paying £100 for a ticket! Just well gutted I'm missing Glade now! :-(

I got an e-mail from glade yesterday, and they've got 1500 more tickets for sale, so they haven't sold out yet if thats the sticking point to not going

tOM B
13-07-2007, 09:03 PM
More commercial lineups will always attract more people. That's the nature of the beast.

for sure, but there are still plenty left for the less commercial stuff. A lot of folk just want to go out and have a good time and don't care what exact genre the music is as long as it's not cheesey commercial shite - i think a lot of people into techno forget that

Little_Fella!
14-07-2007, 01:48 AM
Like this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AeZOeTg5dDE

(But with better music obviously...)

Yes Yes YES!!

I saw this, it was at the ExCel centre in London... I vowed to win the lottery:cheese:

Then outside there was a proper Judge Dredd style futuristic truck thing that was just one big ****off speaker pumping out hard techtrance.... WOW!

I've been on the rob ever since...:briggin:

TechMouse
14-07-2007, 11:54 AM
why oh why is techno so unrepresented over here. it drives me insane. i play in holland and 50,000 are dancing to miss djax and luke slater EACH weekend.
Because this country, en masse, is in a cultural sewer where the vast majority of people are happy to be told what they like.

TechMouse
14-07-2007, 12:00 PM
i disagree with this, we work at 6 or 7 festivals every year and 90% of these are sold out - those that aren't are seeing increasing ticket sales every year
Errrr... hang on a minute.

6 or 7 dance music festivals or general festivals?

I don't doubt there's a massive demand for Glastonbury, Reading, Isle of Wight and the like, but Glade is pretty much the only dance music exclusive residential festival of that kind of scale happening at the moment. To my knowledge anyway...

force
14-07-2007, 01:15 PM

I don't doubt there's a massive demand for Glastonbury, Reading, Isle of Wight and the like, but Glade is pretty much the only dance music exclusive residential festival of that kind of scale happening at the moment. To my knowledge anyway...

You've got Sunrise celebration, Eastern Haze, Big chill, bestival, etc. I know they're not exclusively dance orientated but more of a nod in that direction.

tOM B
14-07-2007, 06:58 PM

'general' festivals - but this is my point a festival is more than just the music, a lot of the shows we do have just as much dance music as any other type of music, but because they don't pin themselves down as being a 'dance festival' they attract a much greater audience - most of whom will end up having it to one form of dance music or another over the course of the weekend whether they knew they liked it before they came or not.

People buy into the whole experience of going to a festival - this is often more important than who is on the line up. Once they are there you can play them what you want (as long as it's good and fun) and they'll enjoy it. Billing yourself as a 'techno' festival or a 'trance' festival etc is inevitably going to reduce the amount of potential customers you appeal to. Why not just create a really good festival and play a lot of dance music at it???

Besides who wants to be at a festival where nothing but techno and trance gets played??? - variety is the spice of life, part of the joy of the experiance is coming accross something random you wouldn't have thought you'd have liked. This works the other way as well - people might turn up to see bands and leave loving dance music.

I'd also like to point out that we only really work events up to about 25 000 capacity, so i'm not talking your glastonbury's, isle of wight's, creamfields v, etc. There are plenty of smaller events that sell a lot of tickets

RDR
14-07-2007, 07:00 PM
'general' festivals - but this is my point a festival is more than just the music, a lot of the shows we do have just as much dance music as any other type of music, but because they don't pin themselves down as being a 'dance festival' they attract a much greater audience - most of whom will end up having it to one form of dance music or another over the course of the weekend whether they knew they liked it before they came or not.

People buy into the whole experience of going to a festival - this is often more important than who is on the line up. Once they are there you can play them what you want (as long as it's good and fun) and they'll enjoy it. Billing yourself as a 'techno' festival or a 'trance' festival etc is inevitably going to reduce the amount of potential customers you appeal to. Why not just create a really good festival and play a lot of dance music at it???

Besides who wants to be at a festival where nothing but techno and trance gets played??? - variety is the spice of life, part of the joy of the experiance is coming accross something random you wouldn't have thought you'd have liked. This works the other way as well - people might turn up to see bands and leave loving dance music.

I'd also like to point out that we only really work events up to about 25 000 capacity, so i'm not talking your glastonbury's, isle of wight's, creamfields v, etc. There are plenty of smaller events that sell a lot of tickets

heres a list

* Glastonbury
* Carling Weekend Reading
* Carling Weekend Leeds
* V Festival Chelmsford
* V Festival Staffordshire
* Benicassim
* Download
* T in the Park
* Isle of Wight
* Oxegen
* Wireless Festival - Leeds
* Creamfields 2007
* Latitude
* Escape Into The Park
* Rock-Ness
* Hyde Park Calling
* Ibiza Rocks
* Haldern Pop
* Jersey Live
* Bestival
* Sonar
* Tower Music Festival
* Roskilde
* Cornbury Music Festival
* Exit Festival
* Fflam Festival
* Guilfest
* Fuji Rock
* Lollapalooza
* Endorse It In Dorset
* Green Man
* Get Loaded In The Park
* The Full Ponty
* Isle Of Skye Festival
* Dot To Dot Festival
* PinkPop
* Wychwood
* Wakestock Festival
* Knowsley Hall Music Festival
* Kent Music Festival
* LoveBox Festival
* Wireless Festival - Hyde Park
* The Secret Garden Party
* Indian Summer Festival
* Truck Festival
* Redbourn Festival
* Lodestar

and there's loads missing off that aswell

was from nme's site. btw.

spiralx
14-07-2007, 07:48 PM
Really?

I looked at the techno lineup and was seriously impressed... but it was Antiworld, who have always been a bunch of money-grabbing w*nkers who fail to pay people, over-fill venues and generally put on the most commercial, soulless parties around. They're despised in the psy trance scene because of this and because plenty of people have been screwed over through dealing with Enrico over the years - not being paid, venues having to close due to events involving AW crews, thousands of pounds going "missing" and so on.

Had this lineup been at any other festival there's no way I wouldn't have gone... but AW do have a bad reputation and plenty would've avoided it because of this. Plenty of people never got paid at their last big event at Alexandra Palace apparently, this was always going to be a disaster.

Apparently Ben Sims and DJ Preach were there... not quite the same as the full lineup!

TechMouse
14-07-2007, 08:25 PM
You've got Sunrise celebration, Eastern Haze, Big chill, bestival, etc. I know they're not exclusively dance orientated but more of a nod in that direction.
Don't think any of those come anywhere close to 15,000 people, off the top of my head.

Even Glade is only 14,000 after being much less in previous years.

TechMouse
14-07-2007, 08:29 PM

So you agree, there's no market for a pure Techno / Trance festival of that size - which is what I said in the first place.

Agreed, but none of them are pure EDM and they start small and work up.

tOM B
14-07-2007, 08:52 PM
So you agree, there's no market for a pure Techno / Trance festival of that size - which is what I said in the first place.

Agreed, but none of them are pure EDM and they start small and work up.

i don't think it's a proper festival if it's pure techno/trance - it's more of a weekender (in my head) and i don't think there is the market for one on the 15,000 capacity scale.

I do think there is the market for an underground dance music festival on that scale though - just think that the emphasis needs to be on 'festival'

I completley think starting small is the way forward as i said earlier on in the thread it's crucial to earn your reputation

there are some other pure EDM festivals apart from the glade, as i said before the bloc weekend went really well; and there's waveform in september (but we'll wait and see how that goes

The thing about these things is there is just so much to think about and get right from the point of view of putting one on - i think if you spend years researching, planning and putting the effort it you stand much more chance of pulling it off rather than rushing headlong into it - which it looks like antiworld did

mattboyslim
15-07-2007, 08:12 AM
I looked at the techno lineup and was seriously impressed... but it was Antiworld, who have always been a bunch of money-grabbing w*nkers who fail to pay people, over-fill venues and generally put on the most commercial, soulless parties around. They're despised in the psy trance scene because of this and because plenty of people have been screwed over through dealing with Enrico over the years - not being paid, venues having to close due to events involving AW crews, thousands of pounds going "missing" and so on.

Had this lineup been at any other festival there's no way I wouldn't have gone... but AW do have a bad reputation and plenty would've avoided it because of this. Plenty of people never got paid at their last big event at Alexandra Palace apparently, this was always going to be a disaster.

Apparently Ben Sims and DJ Preach were there... not quite the same as the full lineup!dont even thin k ben played in the end man. nor preach, but murphy stepped in for him and tore it up

Si the Sigh
16-07-2007, 07:49 AM
Sims deffo didn't play.

Split-Personality
16-07-2007, 03:38 PM
I knew the "Antiworlds" website was a major WARNING............

Frank Dogshit
19-07-2007, 03:13 PM
ive just got back from the exit festival and it was bloody awesome.

no noise restrictions on this one! :)

glad the antiworld went well anyway.

Jay Pace
19-07-2007, 03:15 PM
Mate - forgot to get you number!

Soz about that, hope you had a blinder.

mattboyslim
19-07-2007, 03:49 PM
ive just got back from the exit festival and it was bloody awesome.

no noise restrictions on this one! :)

glad the antiworld went well anyway.
how ****in good was that????

personal highlights:
witnessing the dance arena for the 1st time - wow
danny tenaglia - wa wa wee wa
terence fixmer on the obscure elektrana stage - brapp

Frank Dogshit
19-07-2007, 03:55 PM
Mate - forgot to get you number!

Soz about that, hope you had a blinder.

its right,im sure we'll cross paths...

too right i had a blinder,completely ridiculously good fun over 4 days. ill be back again next year 100%.

mooched about pretty much every stage but spent a lot of time at the elektrana and happynovi sad were they were hammering out the bangers. prodigy and basement jaxx were great too.

what about yourself?

Frank Dogshit
19-07-2007, 04:04 PM
how ****in good was that????

personal highlights:
witnessing the dance arena for the 1st time - wow
danny tenaglia - wa wa wee wa
terence fixmer on the obscure elektrana stage - brapp

i have never quite raved in something as brilliant as that dance arena. sippin the cheap tuborgs with hawtin playing till the sun comes up. bliss.

only downside was the death train back into budapest...hell on earth.
did you get involved in that debacle?

Jay Pace
19-07-2007, 04:14 PM
The dance arena was the most incredible outdoor space i have ever seen.

The happy novi sad stage would have been unbelievable on its own, were it not for the fact that the main arena joined onto it.

Loved prodigy, snoop (hahahaha) and the beasties.
Green Velvet was ace, hawtin ok then there was just lots of bumbling about blethering with friendly people from all over.

City beach was mint, drinking in Novi Sad was loads of fun.

Quality. Going to try and drag a few peeps down next time.
Appreciated my A/C apartment no end though. Camping in 35 degrees sounded grim...

mattboyslim
21-07-2007, 10:49 AM
The dance arena was the most incredible outdoor space i have ever seen.

The happy novi sad stage would have been unbelievable on its own, were it not for the fact that the main arena joined onto it.

Loved prodigy, snoop (hahahaha) and the beasties.
Green Velvet was ace, hawtin ok then there was just lots of bumbling about blethering with friendly people from all over.

City beach was mint, drinking in Novi Sad was loads of fun.

Quality. Going to try and drag a few peeps down next time.
Appreciated my A/C apartment no end though. Camping in 35 degrees sounded grim...we made a point of grabbing some sleep on the weds night, and goin home early the thurs. really couldnt be arsed with hawtin

so after that was feeling fresh for the rest of it. and to be honest, staying til 8am then passing out in the sun was quite pleasent. our tent was in the shade so wasn't too bad

mattboyslim
21-07-2007, 10:52 AM
i have never quite raved in something as brilliant as that dance arena. sippin the cheap tuborgs with hawtin playing till the sun comes up. bliss.

only downside was the death train back into budapest...hell on earth.
did you get involved in that debacle?
nah mate. bus. awesome on the way there. left about 2 hours after the daytime train. got there same time as it, so all good. air con, a seat, and not over crowded

we opted for a night time bus back as our flight was 10am. it was a ****in minibus. to be fair i managed to fall asleep and woke up in buda, but the leg room was beyond a joke

kai_1
21-07-2007, 02:12 PM
I was at Exit - f ucking awesome! The Prodigy was nuts on Thurs - one of the best gigs I've ever seen, the Techno on Happy Novisad fri nite was nice and dirty, some girl called IVEE from Belgrade played an Ableton set that was hard as nails - fantastic varied music all over the site - Jon OO Fleming played a nice Psy Trance set, Ed Rush played a heavy DnB set & then the music from Tenaglia, Green Velvet, Hawtin & Marco Nastic on the dance stage was sublime - that was a proper festival!

TechMouse
21-07-2007, 06:02 PM
Seems you have to leave the UK to get a decent festival this year.

I hear the Glade site is like a warzone at the moment.

Frank Dogshit
21-07-2007, 06:19 PM
Seems you have to leave the UK to get a decent festival this year.

simple. they just dont **** about.

100% perfect production. we are taken for mugs in this country

278d7e64a374de26f==