PDA

View Full Version : Creative Culture record label / 4th label from the fatcollective lads and girl:)

TripleB
27-06-2007, 06:26 PM
to the point :

im after any info you can give me regarding the label!!!
the sound that is on it is not like what is about at the mo!
well not what i found anyway...
would very much like to er your coments / good or bad.
i no all people have there own tast in music and thats fine.

all coments welcome.

the links to the demo tracks & label info is in the techno releases(new) in this forum, or on my page.

hope you like what u er:) all the best people:) Bryn:)

any other info : www.myspace/brynkendall

Technobitch
27-06-2007, 07:28 PM
:)

eyeswithoutaface
27-06-2007, 07:56 PM
i wish anyone the best of luck with a new project, but to me the tracks sound just like the glut of Tribal and Primate records clones that saturated the market from around 97/98 onwards. Pretty hefty claim to say it's not like anything around at the moment, because it really is

Like i say, good luck though, i admire anyone who actually does stick their neck out with a label, but, to me, it doesnt sound like anything that couldnt of gone on one of the other 3 FAT labels anyway

Technobitch
27-06-2007, 08:17 PM
usual honesty from scot there :;

nice one for taking the time to listen

i love em all but i suppose im a lil bias :cheese:

although i dont see which one of the three you think it would fit on? they all have their own sound to them, dont you think

eyeswithoutaface
27-06-2007, 08:39 PM
well there would be no good in me saying i loved it and that i thought it was the most original thing ive heard, because i'd be lying and i'd be wasting both my time and Bryns.

in all honesty i think the FAT labels are extremely similiar and ive never understood the need for so many labels for what is essentially the same sound, all this does is spread out already dwindling sales over 3, well now 4, labels which in turn doesnt allow for even half decent sales. I dont know what the labels do now but i would pretty much gaurentee better sales if they only ran 1 label and concentrated all the efforts into that 1 label. In my opinion of course :)

dirty_bass
27-06-2007, 08:54 PM
This release reminds me a lot of the more underground and darker progressive house that was released in 2000-2001 during the height of Home and the post rave cocain explosion, with Danny Howells, Mr C and Darren Emerson and that crowd.. Stuff like Silver Planet, Slynus, Pipeline and so on.
I loved it at the time, and I imagine this release would have gone down a treat then.
I have no idea if that kind of stuff is all that popular now though.
Seems like solid tunes, but to me they are a little too percussive and lacking that extra dimension to draw me in.
Good luck though, anyone starting a label is as crazy as Jacko in a nursery, and releasing this time of year especially, as now is the time we may see more distributers hit the pan (I do hope not).

rhythmtech
27-06-2007, 08:58 PM
to be honest i cant see how you could compare the labels scott.. how does giveway sound anything like kickthedrum?

eyeswithoutaface
27-06-2007, 08:58 PM
yeah most people do tend to take a break from releasing during the summer months, sales are even worse around this time of year

dont get me wrong here by the way, hope the label does great, but were in the transistion period where techno is concerned really and i personally would of gone down the digital label route (free or paying) unless i was absolutely certain what i had was totally fresh and was going to at least allow me to break even and be able to afford the next release, too many labels starting and stopping at the 01 mark these days, and as Steve says this is possibly the time when more distributors run into stormy waters

rhythmtech
27-06-2007, 09:00 PM
i say go for it bryn.. if it doesnt work out what have you lost.. money isnt EVERYTHING.

better to try and fail then never know..

(not saying you'll fail!!!!)

eyeswithoutaface
27-06-2007, 09:00 PM
to be honest i cant see how you could compare the labels scott.. how does giveway sound anything like kickthedrum?

well yeah that's a good point to be fair, but it is all still in the loopy dancefloor category, and i dont think these tracks would of sounded out of place on Kickthedrum or more punk than funk. However having just checked that dreadful new Giveway record, i have just seen Bryns tracks in a new light

dirty_bass
27-06-2007, 09:01 PM
as Steve says this is possibly the time when more distributors run into stormy waters

Hold your breath until september, then count your limbs.

eyeswithoutaface
27-06-2007, 09:01 PM
i say go for it bryn.. if it doesnt work out what have you lost.. money isnt EVERYTHING.

better to try and fail then never know..

(not saying you'll fail!!!!)

well exactly, no one is saying dont go for it, infact everyone is wishing Bryn the best of luck, myself included

TripleB
27-06-2007, 09:16 PM
there is to much i would like to quote to! it will take sum time, but i will soon!
i would like to thank all of you 4 your coments tho its all good
i very much like hearing all what people and friends have to say:)

i love you all:)

fatcollective
27-06-2007, 09:17 PM
Well, the main idea for the FAT Collective was to set up a studio and start a label, which we did - kick the drum, then Joe and Martin from the collective decided to start more punk than funk, which was going to be more diverse and experimental than kick the drum, which is, if you listen to the records, then of course Scott and Fee Started their label, Giveway, which is schranz, Scott was always going to start his own label as he studied music at uni and was simply a life ambition to have a label, which he could control himself, pretty similar to Joe and Martin really!! then Bryn eventually started his label, which again is a different style to all the other labels, might I also add that non of us live together from the collective and we all eventually set up our own studios... I mean why not start a label, if ya got the tunes and the money, give it a go innit, if ya go bust, at least you had a go....even if we had only one label, record sales wouldn’t be much different to be honest...most labels that press decent enough music will sell 300 - 500 units anyway! were all doing ok and I’m sure Bryn’s label will take off too, I think he’s got a pretty nice sound going on, which I think will fit in to the style of music working these days, its got a pretty minimal vibe, which wouldn’t have suited any of the other labels to be honest.........anyway, that’s the story morning glory!!

Starting another label soon as well, happy schranz funk!! Gonna be massive!!

eyeswithoutaface
27-06-2007, 09:20 PM
Well, the main idea for the FAT Collective was to set up a studio and start a label, which we did - kick the drum, then Joe and Martin from the collective decided to start more punk than funk, which was going to be more diverse and experimental than kick the drum, which is, if you listen to the records, then of course Scott and Fee Started their label, Giveway, which is schranz, Scott was always going to start his own label as he studied music at uni and was simply a life ambition to have a label, which he could control himself, pretty similar to Joe and Martin really!! then Bryn eventually started his label, which again is a different style to all the other labels, might I also add that non of us live together from the collective and we all eventually set up our own studios... I mean why not start a label, if ya got the tunes and the money, give it a go innit, if ya go bust, at least you had a go....even if we had only one label, record sales wouldn’t be much different to be honest...most labels that press decent enough music will sell 300 - 500 units anyway! were all doing ok and I’m sure Bryn’s label will take off too, I think he’s got a pretty nice sound going on, which I think will fit in to the style of music working these days, its got a pretty minimal vibe, which wouldn’t have suited any of the other labels to be honest.........anyway, that’s the story morning glory!!

that's fair enough, i wasnt having a go, was just simply giving my opinion mate in reference to dawn's question about the labels sound

good luck with the happy schranz funk

fatcollective
27-06-2007, 09:22 PM
also, with our labels from the collective we dont work to any routine, we press records pretty slowly to be honest instead of every month, so were not hogging the scene by far, just goin with the flow and getting a release out every 3 - 4 months, which i think is pretty sensible!!

:;

Technobitch
27-06-2007, 09:22 PM
glad to hear everyones opinons, nice one

also good luck with the lable ste, you will have to give it an airing at mine and bryns birthday party :cheese:

fatcollective
27-06-2007, 09:24 PM
that's fair enough, i wasnt having a go, was just simply giving my opinion mate in reference to dawn's question about the labels sound

good luck with the happy schranz funk

no probs mate, didnt think you having a go mate, just wanted to clarify the background!!

peace n love :dj:

rhythmtech

you told me it was gonna be minimal breakcore with a hint of vag goo.. how could you lie to me :grr:

eyeswithoutaface
also, with our labels from the collective we dont work to any routine, we press records pretty slowly to be honest instead of every month, so were not hogging the scene by far, just goin with the flow and getting a release out every 3 - 4 months, which i think is pretty sensible!!

:;

that's the best way to do it i think personally, as your not inundating the people who buy your records with something new each month that they feel obliged to buy and of course the quality control is kept up to a relatively high standard too

fatcollective
27-06-2007, 09:33 PM
you told me it was gonna be minimal breakcore with a hint of vag goo.. how could you lie to me :grr:

you blown our cover man, thats was supposed to be a secret, i was trying to use happy schraz funk as a blag....ya daft irish cvnt!! :laughing:

rhythmtech
27-06-2007, 09:35 PM
you blown our cover man, thats was supposed to be a secret, i was trying to use happy schraz funk as a blag....ya daft irish cvnt!! :laughing:

oh.. ok then i take it back.. i never said it. :cheese:

see. they've forgotten already :laughing:

fatcollective
27-06-2007, 09:37 PM
thank fvck for that....:;

Athar
27-06-2007, 10:10 PM
Heard bryn live set in march when i been in north wales and i would like to say that was proper banging techno set. Realy liked.
Im absolutely sure > new label just launched by bryn will find the customers and fans around the globe - im first one.
Bryn hes a very talented producer, you need to hear all his ambient tracks too.
they rock!

Good luck with the label m8

fils_here
29-06-2007, 04:30 PM

might have a tune for you steve - squat diddly doe where's my cheese toastie ya hoe :cool:

Pheeva
02-07-2007, 02:22 PM
all the best with this Bryn xx

TripleB
02-07-2007, 02:24 PM
i supozz there is one thing i would like to bring up:)
and that would be, people that coment on tunes that thay dont like the style of anyway. ie im not much of a fan of hard style trance so i neva coment, so if you dont like loopy techno ( dont say anything bcoz you dont understand it )
i all ways like to read dirtbass coments coz he duz no what he is on about and im guessing he has an open mind and understands a lot of music!
its just how can u coment on some thing when u dont like the sound anyway?
what is the point?
my music mite be borin and loopy to some people,
but the clubs and partys rock to it ech time i mix it out:)
my view on coments i hope i ant upset any one!
all the best people and friends:)

Si the Sigh
02-07-2007, 02:47 PM
Really really not being funny, but you guys don't seem to be able to take criticism very well. The way I've always looked at it, all feedback, good or bad is a positive thing IMO. You know when your doing well, and you get some idea of what to do when your not. Not everyone is going to like what your doing, but this is an open forum, where everybody should be aloud to express their opinions. This is the 2nd thread this week from members of the FAT Collective that makes you guys come across as not being able to take criticism at all...

fatcollective
02-07-2007, 03:01 PM
2 members of the FAT collective may have taken things the wrong way, that dont count for us all, if someone has criticised my label (kick the drum) or any of the tracks i made (zoid), i take it on the chin, i understand the music we make aint everyones cup of tea, thats fair enough, i just get on with it...its no big deal to be honest!

Technobitch
02-07-2007, 03:06 PM
think bryn has taken it fine tbh, and i know he is just happy that ppl have taken the time to listen and chat bout his tunes - good or bad :)
can defo never please everyone, i for one know im v particular when it comes to my kinda techno. :ruevil:

TripleB
02-07-2007, 03:09 PM
thats stuped si - i wouldnt be where i am now if i didnt take criticism with a pinch of solt:)

i just stated y coment if you dont like that sort of sound it dont make sence to me! ya no loopy techno is ace to me so ill coment on other peeps tracks in the loopy techno seen. and with this ( not takin criticism very wel )
its teling people what you think back as you made that tune!

Si the Sigh
02-07-2007, 03:18 PM
Ok fair do's, maybe I read your replies in this thread wrong. That's the trouble with forums / text messages, etc; people read things how they want with the original point being missed. Like I said, I wasn't being funny...

TripleB
02-07-2007, 03:23 PM
hay no problem si:) its all good:)

Mucky Beats
02-07-2007, 05:46 PM
I try to stay out of these kind of things these days as its no good for scene eveyone taking eachother wrong way n stuff ... forums are like anything what you write can be taken wrong way and thus things can seem diffrent to each person that reads it.

Can i just say tho that we can take criticism i run kick th drum with ste (zoid) and if someone makes a comment regarding it good or bad we will always be open minded as thats what forums are for and everyone has there own take on music.

But also i can see why in this tread some of the FAT lads have commented ...as it seems it was sparked by someone commenting that we dont need so many labels, and would like to point out that even tho we are a colletive we all have our own projects like events and labels and styles just like almost all other collective's. This said we also have are own views and are not robots all thinking the same and thus some times have diffrent opinions .... this kinda relates to the other thread si metioned about and just because one member feels they wish to comment regarding another label it does not mean there view is shared by the whole collective ... its like saying if a english man slates someone the whole of england agrees.

My opinion about this thread is that all 4 labels in the fat collective are diffrent and all seem to sell verry well in todays market and thus im all for it. as people must want to buy and play the records and that can only be a good thing. good luck to bryn and his new label im sure it will do well.

fatcollective
02-07-2007, 06:35 PM
were just a bunch of sheep shaggin cvnts hehehe!!

eyeswithoutaface
02-07-2007, 06:52 PM
i supozz there is one thing i would like to bring up:)
and that would be, people that coment on tunes that thay dont like the style of anyway. ie im not much of a fan of hard style trance so i neva coment, so if you dont like loopy techno ( dont say anything bcoz you dont understand it )
i all ways like to read dirtbass coments coz he duz no what he is on about and im guessing he has an open mind and understands a lot of music!
its just how can u coment on some thing when u dont like the sound anyway?
what is the point?
my music mite be borin and loopy to some people,
but the clubs and partys rock to it ech time i mix it out:)
my view on coments i hope i ant upset any one!
all the best people and friends:)

i hope that's not aimed at me at all because a) you specifically said you wanted comments that were good or bad, so you are totally contradicting yourself with the above, and b) i absolutley love loopy techno, it's where i started out basically listening to the best loopy techno nearly ten years ago. I just dont particulary like loopy techno that, to me, sounds like it could have easily been made ten years ago. That to me just isnt pushing things forward. It's not a reflection on your label, or anyone elses for that matter, it's just my tastes, so it's no good taking the presumptious highroad because it's totally null and void

you asked for comments good and bad, and you got comments that were both good and bad (feedback wise)

there really isnt a problem at all with anything said in here, and if you think there is then you really need to be less precious because this is possibly the most ruthless game to be involved in and if your in it for the long run you are going to come into contact with much, much harsher/dodgier people and situations compared with 1 person saying they dont like a release on a new label. I never once said you guys shouldnt have 4 labels either, i questioned the need for 4 labels and i was given a brief rundown of the labels etc which was fine

TripleB
02-07-2007, 07:19 PM
your so rite chris i did contradict my self with the good or bad coment thing....
ops sorry for that:)
i was sat er thinkin, what styles do yous lot like coz it mite not be this style and there 4, is there much point postin!
not havin a dig, or beenin moody at all just wondering is there much point thats all. if anything it seems like you have the problem and you like diggin:)
you woz the one that sed it woz a hefty clam that i sed ther ant a sound like it out at the mo - and in the next line i sed, wel what i can find any way!
you must of not red that b4 you sed your pease!

it duz seem we all **** up at 1 or an other on here!

**** it!

eyeswithoutaface
02-07-2007, 07:28 PM
your so rite chris i did contradict my self with the good or bad coment thing....
ops sorry for that:)
i was sat er thinkin, what styles do yous lot like coz it mite not be this style and there 4, is there much point postin!
not havin a dig, or beenin moody at all just wondering is there much point thats all. if anything it seems like you have the problem and you like diggin:)
you woz the one that sed it woz a hefty clam that i sed ther ant a sound like it out at the mo - and in the next line i sed, wel what i can find any way!
you must of not red that b4 you sed your pease!

it duz seem we all **** up at 1 or an other on here!

**** it!

Chris???? Scott here im afraid ;)

again, dont be so presumptious. I like pretty much everything in techno, and im not being condascending but im into genres of techno that im sure you dont even know exist, simply because thats just what im into. It's totally irrelevant what styles someone is into if your asking for critique, as there are so many levels that a person can critique on. If anything its often best to get someone who isnt SO into a certain style as yourself, because they can bring a neutral and unbiased view, which i think is very important on a thread where most of the replies are coming from close friends of yours. No one ever gets a true range of views when all they seem to want is the positive

there's just no point in saying "whats the point of posting if you dont like something?" because that way, all your ever going to get, or seemingly want to get, is people saying its great and that your going to do amazing.

Ive got no problem at all and dont want to be "digging" anything in that sense, that's a null and void comment to use, the only one out of the FAT lot i know personally to speak to is Mackie and he's a sound lad, so please dont try and use the old "youve got a problem" card, because i quite clearly dont.

I do however like giving balanced and un-biased opinions on a scene in which i am heavily involved

which i also think alot, lot more people need to do

Roxy Trip
02-07-2007, 07:32 PM
well done Bryn , still aint got to a computer with speakers yet 2 listen to it !
.... if its anything like the tunes you rock the clubs with round here or any of the other tunes ive heard off your CDs im sure it'l be qwell worth techno lovers buying it to put in the front of their record boxes!! by far one of the biggest talents to come out of n.wales, keep it up m8, im sure itl do really well :cheese:

TripleB
02-07-2007, 07:59 PM
Scott..!

there is a point in saying "whats the point of posting if you dont like that style?" because that way you siv out all the bull shit.. but there we go.

and i dont seemingly want to get people saying its great and that im going to do amazing! i want the truth from ppl that like loopy techno if that is what music i put up!
if you want to no ive been mixin and stompin to techni 4 9 years so there cant be that much diffrent between me&u!!!

and you sed ( If anything its often best to get someone who isnt SO into a certain style as yourself, because they can bring a neutral and unbiased view..
i lission to all sorts of music and produce so mani styles in techno drumandbass, dirty fast stuff, slow ,tripy breaks, cliky, what eva comes out come out.

i have got an open mind and i ant stuk in my ways as ppl that no me no i make and mix all sorts - pease

eyeswithoutaface
02-07-2007, 08:07 PM
Scott..!

there is a point in saying "whats the point of posting if you dont like that style?" because that way you siv out all the bull shit.. but there we go.

and i dont seemingly want to get people saying its great and that im going to do amazing! i want the truth from ppl that like loopy techno if that is what music i put up!
if you want to no ive been mixin and stompin to techni 4 9 years so there cant be that much diffrent between me&u!!!

and you sed ( If anything its often best to get someone who isnt SO into a certain style as yourself, because they can bring a neutral and unbiased view..
i lission to all sorts of music and produce so mani styles in techno drumandbass, dirty fast stuff, slow ,tripy breaks, cliky, what eva comes out come out.

i have got an open mind and i ant stuk in my ways as ppl that no me no i make and mix all sorts - pease

read my post back again, your getting confused. I dont mean YOUR views on your own music, that would be even more biased than your mates comments. I mean it is, in my opinion, better to get a fair review off someone who doesnt listen to and is totall consumed by one style of techno like alot of people seem to be on here.

and it's got nothing to do with sivving out the shit, there are no shit comments here and you shouldnt really be deeming any comments or comments that maybe coming as shit, because its all valid wether or not it falls into line with the feedback you want

your right im sure there isnt much difference between us at all mate, but i do have to say you are being way too protective over this. You asked for all sorts of comments, good and bad, and you got them, its that simple really, nothing personal, noting malicious, nothing negative, just pure honesty. Cant ask for more than that really

TripleB
02-07-2007, 08:26 PM
i did think you had a bit of a one track mind b4 ! ops... my folt.. ye lission with sivving out the shit ( i meen comentin on a style thay dont like, not just all coments ) your makin it sound a lot bigger than it realy is...
id like to meet you one day:) put the name to the face:)
in a friendly way!

eyeswithoutaface
02-07-2007, 08:32 PM
i did think you had a bit of a one track mind b4 ! ops... my folt.. ye lission with sivving out the shit ( i meen comentin on a style thay dont like, not just all coments ) your makin it sound a lot bigger than it realy is...
id like to meet you one day:) put the name to the face:)
in a friendly way!

haha not at all, in all honest im the most musically diverse person i know, and it reflects in my releases too, im only about 5 or 6 releases in and im in the position of being able to release what i want, from fierce banging hard techno right through to deep, lush minimal and electronica

i could switch from the newest Paul Mac release to Beethovens 5th within an instant, and totally love it

im sure we'l bump into each other in some dark corner at some point for a gurn

TripleB
02-07-2007, 08:44 PM
wel im glad we got that sorted i hate getin in mad ones like this tryin to find a way out:)

dirty_bass
02-07-2007, 10:16 PM
I actually, to completey change the subject, don`t even understand what the term "loopy" techno means?

All techno is loop, or repetition based.
It just wouldn`t work otherwise. It`s dance music, and by it`s nature mantric, and needs repetition.

I think the term loopy these days is used to excuse music that just doesn`t do anything.
I`d call that lazy, rather than loopy.

Or at the most, I`d call it a DJ tool, to separate it from music, or a tune.

anyway, I`m rambling off topic.

Technobitch
02-07-2007, 11:22 PM
haha not at all, in all honest im the most musically diverse person i know, and it reflects in my releases too, im only about 5 or 6 releases in and im in the position of being able to release what i want, from fierce banging hard techno right through to deep, lush minimal and electronica

i could switch from the newest Paul Mac release to Beethovens 5th within an instant, and totally love it

im sure we'l bump into each other in some dark corner at some point for a gurn

yeah you guna get your ass out to locked sometime scott?

Technobitch
02-07-2007, 11:22 PM
I actually, to completey change the subject, don`t even understand what the term "loopy" techno means?

All techno is loop, or repetition based.
It just wouldn`t work otherwise. It`s dance music, and by it`s nature mantric, and needs repetition.

I think the term loopy these days is used to excuse music that just doesn`t do anything.
I`d call that lazy, rather than loopy.

Or at the most, I`d call it a DJ tool, to separate it from music, or a tune.

anyway, I`m rambling off topic.

wouldnt be boa if someone didnt ramble off topic :cheese:

Louk
03-07-2007, 01:28 AM
i love the b2 track of this, 'ave it' - reminds me of elton d's work a bit! top stuff

Louk

278d7e64a374de26f==