PDA

View Full Version : Dave Clarke at Glastonbury

jiminyblackbox
28-06-2007, 12:30 PM
Fooooooooooooooooookin rocked it!!!

missed surgeon unfortunately i was traveling back from france.

neko
28-06-2007, 12:39 PM
He was good weren't he.
Not seen him for about 3 or 4 years, and he was better than I imagined he'd be.
Seen Surgeon and he was good, but Clarke played a proper crowd-pleasing set, which is what you want at a festival really.

mattboyslim
28-06-2007, 01:48 PM
was all about the bays

MARK NEENAN
28-06-2007, 06:20 PM
Oh yes, dave clarke rocked it!!

jiminyblackbox
28-06-2007, 06:29 PM
missed the bays - .............. gutted i made a real effort to see babyshambles for the comedy factor of docherty bein wrecked n useless n he was well on it almost normal! ozrich tentacles on sat twang twang twang!

Traxx
28-06-2007, 06:39 PM
YES!

Clarke buried it. Couldnt believe how good he was, quality tunes/mixing just like the good old days. Surgeon was a beast as well. Special mention for a guy called gerald live, really really good. Stripped down minimal chunky techno.

Also the systems they had in the dance village were shit hot. Real punch in them.

dan the acid man
28-06-2007, 06:59 PM
glad the systems in the dance village were good, heard alot of people complaining the live stages were too quiet until later on sunday

Traxx
28-06-2007, 07:04 PM
The pyramid was shite. Got off after half hour of the killers coz we were talking over it.

mattboyslim
28-06-2007, 10:26 PM
pyramid is always poor. other stage was much better

but yeah dance west sounded sweet for geralds wobbly bass. when those monsters drop you can't help but beat the air with a grin on your face

theledge
28-06-2007, 11:28 PM
off to see dave clarke in belgium in a cpl of weeks...never seen him play before but cant wait

always been inspired by his talent . not to mention his attitude

this sounds promising !

Jay Pace
02-07-2007, 11:29 AM
lucky glastonbury buggers

Dave Clarke was rude and deadly at Sonar. Proper set of old school bangers, absolutely rocked.

One of those sets where your dancing could easily be mistaken for an attempt at fighting off invisible enemies.

Roxy Trip
03-07-2007, 12:14 AM
Sounds like he was rockin' glastonbury then!

I whent to see him for first time last year in manchester and even though i heard he can be very hit and miss its damned near stopped me from wantin to pay to see him play again! he was piss poor, and looked completely miserable and un-intrested in what he was doing

hopefully next time, he'l be avin a good day and actually play a decent set !

Frank Dogshit
03-07-2007, 12:29 AM
I whent to see him for first time last year in manchester and even though i heard he can be very hit and miss its damned near stopped me from wantin to pay to see him play again! he was piss poor, and looked completely miserable and un-intrested in what he was doing

hopefully next time, he'l be avin a good day and actually play a decent set !

anyone would sound shit on that dogshit wankshaft of a soundsystem they stuck him on that night! them warehouse partys were woeful!

and the worst thing is that they look set to return after september...no doubt shitter than ever.

Roxy Trip
03-07-2007, 12:50 AM
anyone would sound shit on that dogshit wankshaft of a soundsystem they stuck him on that night! them warehouse partys were woeful!

and the worst thing is that they look set to return after september...no doubt shitter than ever.

hmm nah dave clarke was just shit.
his pick of tunes were awful.
rob hood played there and it was one of the best sets i ever heard in my life. he was absolutely amazing even though he had to play on that big trollop of horse-shit rig. bless him

mattboyslim
03-07-2007, 01:24 PM
you have to get used to dave clarke looking bored. its just his thing

as for tune selection, he does have a fair few off days, but when he is on form not much comes close

Jay Pace
03-07-2007, 02:22 PM
He blew me away at Sonar. Haven't heard anything like it in years.

Relentless, tearing hard techno.

It was awesome to behold

jiminyblackbox
03-07-2007, 02:33 PM
lucky glastonbury buggers

Dave Clarke was rude and deadly at Sonar. Proper set of old school bangers, absolutely rocked.

One of those sets where your dancing could easily be mistaken for an attempt at fighting off invisible enemies.

you just keep dressing up that rather unique dancing style of yours g force - always blaming tyhe music what is it - workers and tools blame bad??!!!! we need to spk about this sticker ting i'll buzz u tonight- glad to hear sonar rocked hey - so just exit and glade to go you festival slut - growing more n more jealous about antiworld !!!

278d7e64a374de26f==