PDA

View Full Version : Quality samples and using vocal samples in tracks

stoil69
29-06-2007, 09:17 AM
Hi all,

Has anyone got any recommendations for good quality samples that i can get my hands on - i usually buy from VIPZONE-SAMPLES but nearly baught all the packs from there and i want more as you can never get enough samples!!

Also has anyone got any sound advise on using vocal samples in tracks - like singing etc. Im having trouble getting the vocals to match the tempo of the track etc - It just sounds out of tune and its extremely frustrating!!!

I use Reason 3 and mainly wav. samples so any advice would be appreciated

Thanks

christian wagner
29-06-2007, 09:59 AM
Not sure bout loading amples into reason as i dont use it, but to get them in time with the track you need to know the tempo of the vocals, then pros strech them (but not too much) in soundforge or similar, i only really know how to do it in logic so sorry im not much help!!

As to where to get more from - theres loads of sites with free vocal samples, just depends on what ya want, short 41-4 word vocals or full vocals.

If the vocals arent in tune with the track then you just have to fanny about gettin ya otber riffs in the right key, its a bit frustrating and long winded, but you should be ok.

stoil69
29-06-2007, 10:19 AM
Ok thanks for that - il take it on board.

With reference to samples - do you now of any site where you can get quality single hit samples like synth, arpegio's, bases, keys etc etc other than vocal samples?

Cheers

RDR
29-06-2007, 10:27 AM
try www.audiobase.com

FILTERZ
29-06-2007, 02:56 PM
you could use a programme like melodyne to pitch shift and stretch the vocal to fit your tune .

p_brane
29-06-2007, 03:45 PM
www.zenhiser.com

decent cheap samples.

kicks,snares,hats,bass,synths,efx,etc,etc

Ian R
29-06-2007, 08:48 PM
- do you now of any site where you can get quality single hit samples like synth, arpegio's, bases, keys etc etc other than vocal samples?

Theres some good ones here: <click>
http://www.blackoutaudio.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=47570

loopdon
29-06-2007, 11:15 PM
http://hosted.filefront.com/psitech

stoil69
02-07-2007, 09:11 AM
Thanks very much guys

Appreciate your help

All the best

Stoil

278d7e64a374de26f==