PDA

View Full Version : tunes

zap
18-11-2003, 08:15 PM
just want to know how you guys go about buying your records do you stick to one shop or do you shop around
i personally buy all my stuff form banging tunes london listen to most of them over the phone and the place has never let me down [cheer james] :clap:

jonnyspeed
19-11-2003, 01:52 AM
I listen to stuff on bangingtunes.com. Pop in to see James in Little Portland Street. I also like Trackheads/AccessAllAreas in Kentish Town and another one off Lexington street which I can't remember the name off.

Used to buy VCF, Brain, SUF and Routemaster from Choci's Chewns but never really liked the lads that worked in there - but always managed to get choci to pick out kicking old skool acid.

Recently bought Tarball & Lungbutter - Bring Forth The Custard and a copy of DONT02 off Gemm.com. Wicked!

Currently doing a private purchase through bangingtunes forum of a copy of Punk Floyd's LP

BlackMarket Records is good for Hard Step drum & bass if you step into the darkside. Bit of a Ray Keith, Ed Rush, Stakker and Skynet, Nokternal fan...

jonnyspeed
19-11-2003, 01:57 AM
Peer-to-Peer is pretty good for mixes and a lot of deleted stuff. My personal favourates are Kazaa and Shareaza. But there are loads like WinMx and SoulSeek. Gnod is great for suggestions of related artists.

Tony
19-11-2003, 12:18 PM
if i did ACTUALLY BUY records. then i would be getting directly in touch with distributors. i used to even for different genres of music. you usually get stuff far more upfront, and get a lot more in the loop as to whats coming out, whats being re-pressed.
aside from that if i bought from shops i'd be checking juno and nu-loop first and if i didnt grab them from there i'd check before i bought locally (usually disapointing near me)

278d7e64a374de26f==