PDA

View Full Version : innocence?

dan the acid man
02-07-2007, 02:03 AM
Don't you just sometimes wish you was a newcomer to techno again? When every record was new and exciting, don't get me wrong, there's still loads of great music out there i still love, but sometimes i feel like im going round in circles.

Ok im drunk and waffling here:ohdear:

The Overfiend
02-07-2007, 02:28 AM
Very true, sometimes you wish you didn't know what loop came from where so that way a hot track is just that.

Jay Pace
02-07-2007, 11:24 AM
I miss being excited.

But I love the fact that I'm still part of a scene I love. My D&B friends see the crowds get younger and the music more obvious and feel increasingly detached, which pretty much sucks if thats where your life is.

Techno's got more to it, and you appreciate it in different ways as you get older. I miss being really excited by everything, but I like being able to appreciate quality - and that comes with age and experience.

dirty_bass
02-07-2007, 07:25 PM
I can`t wait for the day when there are more young and naieve techno fans out there.
then we can just rip off all the good techno from the last 10 or so years, and claim it as our own, and make a quick buck, rather than banging our heads against the floor trying to do something musical and original.
Roll on the day.
I`ve allready staked my claim to the bells.

eyeswithoutaface
02-07-2007, 07:33 PM
good thread

depends on your view and involvement in the scene to be honest. I view techno as a whole alot different to how i viewed techno 8 years ago. When you get into producing and releasing records, djing etc etc, you start to realise the business side of things, who to trust, who not to trust etc etc and alot of the time you could be forgiven for thinking that the main reason you got into all this was for the music in the first place, so i try and keep a certain distance from the scene in the sense that i dont buy or get every record that i like that i used too, i dont go crazy trying to get to see my fave djs or live acts week in week out and i very rarely listen to club techno at home

rhythmtech
02-07-2007, 07:38 PM
dont know whats wrong with you guys but a good tunes still gets me excited no matter where the sample/loop/vocal is from.

eyeswithoutaface
02-07-2007, 07:40 PM
dont know whats wrong with you guys but a good tunes still gets me excited no matter where the sample/loop/vocal is from.

eh?

same here

if it's used well, and it's a good tune, then it's a good tune!

Roxy Trip
03-07-2007, 01:16 AM
i find it extremely hard to find good new techno, even if i had loads of money to spend on new records it would take me ages of shifting through stuff i dont like before i find i gem worth buying. like buying alot of the older stuff.
generally at a stage now where im not as excited about the whole scene as i once was , i love it to bits dont get me wrong, great seeing so much talent and stuff but need to start spending more and exploring different places to see what kind im missing out on , theres bigger and better stuff out there for sure. i just been stuck in a techno rut

dirty_bass
03-07-2007, 01:47 AM
but need to start spending more and exploring different places to see what kind im missing out on , theres bigger and better stuff out there for sure. i just been stuck in a techno rut

that`s great, I think techno has become a little too narrow minded and closed off, and arrogant about it`s own sound, when there is a ton of stuff out there to be discovered and some of it is miles more techno than a lot of the techno today, if that makes sense.
Diversity is sooo healthy for everyone.

Roxy Trip
03-07-2007, 02:37 AM
that`s great, I think techno has become a little too narrow minded and closed off, and arrogant about it`s own sound, when there is a ton of stuff out there to be discovered and some of it is miles more techno than a lot of the techno today, if that makes sense.
Diversity is sooo healthy for everyone.

yep i agree totally.
also quite a few people i know that claim to love techno, wouldnt travel out of their social circles or local scene to see what else might be out there. the best stuff isnt always on your doorstep! find it hard to find people that are just willing to jump on a plane and go and check out a different scene just for the expiernce. i dont give fuk though il end up doin it myself anyways specially because its frustrating me so much

dirty_bass
03-07-2007, 09:40 PM
yep i agree totally.
also quite a few people i know that claim to love techno, wouldnt travel out of their social circles or local scene to see what else might be out there. the best stuff isnt always on your doorstep! find it hard to find people that are just willing to jump on a plane and go and check out a different scene just for the expiernce. i dont give fuk though il end up doin it myself anyways specially because its frustrating me so much

I`ve been banging my head for ages trying to get people to look outside their tunnel vision, but I think the majority or people just like staying in their comfort zones. Eventually new scenes spring up due to the dissafection caused by this, so it`s all good. There will always be somewhere that is growing and changing and keeping us stimulated, at least I hope so.

theledge
03-07-2007, 11:56 PM
I`ve been banging my head for ages trying to get people to look outside their tunnel vision, but I think the majority or people just like staying in their comfort zones. Eventually new scenes spring up due to the dissafection caused by this, so it`s all good. There will always be somewhere that is growing and changing and keeping us stimulated, at least I hope so.

innit

278d7e64a374de26f==