PDA

View Full Version : 20 minutes to represent techno on Radio 1

MARK ANXIOUS
03-07-2007, 02:45 PM
OK, I've just got a slot on Radio 1 next Saturday to 'represent techno in 20 minutes' - well, that's the brief anyway. Basically I've got till next Monday to do it.

So, I was thinking how I would do this. Either I can bung together the usual 6 track mix that every other mofo does or get hot and sweaty in the studio over the next few days and do like an Ableton/Soundforge mash up of a silly amount of tracks that truly represents our genre.

I really like the sound of option 2. So, here's the question:

What are the tracks you would put in a mix like this? I'll try to bung as many of them in as possible as well as my own selection. Let me know you guys :cheese:

...Dave...
03-07-2007, 02:52 PM
2 unlimited mega mix and some scooter:cheese:

...Dave...
03-07-2007, 02:53 PM
this is a wicked idea though. list to follow

rhythmtech
03-07-2007, 02:57 PM
i'd go for the mash up option with some well chosen cuts from the best tracks thru the years.

1 track that i'd 100% put in would be

mills - steps to enchantment (stringent) - this to me is the most "techno" track ever

jiminyblackbox
03-07-2007, 02:59 PM
yeah go spangley - rinse out your top hundred! whats the date and what time?

Si the Sigh
03-07-2007, 03:05 PM
I'd say use Ableton / Soundforge to create a mini mix like the ones they have on Annie Mac's show. Mish mash of all the best bits of techno made into one 20 minute edit.

Si the Sigh
03-07-2007, 03:05 PM
Make sure someone records this please!!! :)

MARK ANXIOUS
03-07-2007, 03:12 PM
i'll post it up once it's been broadcast for sure. ok i've thought some more, it'll definitely be a 20 minute mash up. ok just need to get the tracks together (f me this will take all day hahaha). gimme all your suggestions and i'll get em put in if i can. :cool:

mattboyslim
03-07-2007, 03:18 PM
Armando - 100% of disin you
Joe T Vanelli - Play with the voice (beltram mix)
Surgeon - Midnight Club Tracks 2
Aux 88 - The DJ
Jesus loves the acid!!!!!

...Dave...
03-07-2007, 03:29 PM
obvious but, got to have energy flash.

surgeon - badger bite
the bells
strings of life
technasia - acid storm
minus orange

ah i'm gonna get called a cheesy bastard, but you have to have some of the obvious ones in there.

Si the Sigh
03-07-2007, 03:33 PM
Chris McCormack's AK47 Remix! ( :) )
Any of the Red Series.
Anything on Corb.
Something with a fat acid line.
Anything from Misjah & Tim's X-Trax EP's 2 & 3 on Aura Records.
Anything on Code Red.
Be nice to hear a London Acid track in there, an early Routemaster.

Si the Sigh
03-07-2007, 03:34 PM
"When I Rock" on Bush.

Jay Pace
03-07-2007, 03:36 PM
I'd start in the 90s and try and move through the years, taking an example of as many styles as possible

Would avoid mashups in favour of a DE9 style mix - loops or sections of dozens of tracks overlaid & in sequence.

rhythmtech
03-07-2007, 03:37 PM
"When I Rock" on Bush.

100%

Si the Sigh
03-07-2007, 03:42 PM
Would avoid mashups in favour of a DE9 style mix - loops or sections of dozens of tracks overlaid & in sequence.

Yep! I agree with that.

And working through time to modern day would be great, hearing how things have changed.

Other tracks, the Punish with the Mistress Diana samples, and Killabite 1 & 2.

I hope Paul Mac's reading this as his old skool mixes have been awesome. I'd love to hear his ideas for this Radio 1 thingy... :)

This is exciting!! :rockin:

audioinjection
03-07-2007, 04:00 PM
Jeff Mills - The Bells??

MARK ANXIOUS
03-07-2007, 04:09 PM
I hope Paul Mac's reading this as his old skool mixes have been awesome. I'd love to hear his ideas for this Radio 1 thingy... :)

have pm'ed him ;)

MARK ANXIOUS
03-07-2007, 04:15 PM
right now, i'm buzzin with ideas :cheese:

i've done mixes for across the years before and they are quite tough to put together, because of the difference in production over the years. i would like it to represent techno but i don't want young ppl to switch off cause the production isnt quite there on some tracks or they sound empty compared to todays standards. i'm thinking. perhaps i could ableton it and then add like more meaty kicks and sparkle up some of the old school top ends. perhaps fill some of the older tracks out by grabbing loops of newer tracks that fit and running them underneath. jesus, the sky is the limit here. hmmm don't want to mess the feeling of the older tracks up either. man, i wont be sleeping tonight hahahah :laughing:

mattboyslim
03-07-2007, 04:22 PM
Plastikman - Spastik!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

stjohn
03-07-2007, 04:25 PM
minus orange
+1

not sure about 'the bells'...

maybe
knights of the jaguar
electric deluxe / krekc
beyer rmx of woodcarvers nightmare / remanipulated
something from makaton

xes
03-07-2007, 04:44 PM
you'll have to fit some london techno in there,and maybe finnish off with Nasenbluten "Cunt face" :cheese:

herman
03-07-2007, 05:00 PM
Hmm tricky one I would start off with some first wave Detroit stuff and do it in rough chronological order up to modern day I think.

Good luck choosing the tracks though :)

MARK ANXIOUS
03-07-2007, 05:05 PM
Hmm tricky one I would start off with some first wave Detroit stuff and do it in rough chronological order up to modern day I think.

Good luck choosing the tracks though :)

yeah that's probably the best idea eh. it's going to be alot easier to do it that way cause it'll progress naturally. BRILLIANT!!!! ok keep the track suggestions coming!!!

Izz
03-07-2007, 05:13 PM
Advent - The bad Boy

Louis Theroux
03-07-2007, 06:16 PM
would be good if you can fit in la rock or poney

Louis Theroux
03-07-2007, 06:20 PM
this thread has really got me thinking - why not choose one record from each year (1992 until 2007) & try & show how things have progressed/changed.

try & fit in something by Cave or Ortin Cam as well if you can

wouldn't be able to fint all those records into twenty mintues myself but I am sure you can pull something off

looking forward to it

Frank Dogshit
03-07-2007, 06:46 PM
at least 1 makaton track...its the law.

audioinjection
03-07-2007, 07:01 PM
Spastik!!

eyeswithoutaface
03-07-2007, 07:38 PM
just play anything as long as its not schranz.

20 mins isnt that long really to try and fit a brief rundown of the past however many years. It's your opportunity, so just play what you want, tracks that are doing it for you now, tracks that have done it for you in the past. **** all that educating people bollocks and just play some music that you love

sorted

djbuzzbe
03-07-2007, 07:44 PM
i'd go for the mash up option with some well chosen cuts from the best tracks thru the years.

1 track that i'd 100% put in would be

mills - steps to enchantment (stringent) - this to me is the most "techno" track ever

^ rhthmtech that is my favourite techno track ever since i heard it on live from liquid room 1997 its raw techno at its best jus pure filth love it!

...Dave...
03-07-2007, 08:02 PM
Spastik!!

would be rude not to play it

MARK ANXIOUS
03-07-2007, 08:29 PM
yeah i've just been getting this together and i've realised 20 minutes really isnt alot of time at all. i would love to just pick one of my fave tracks from each of the years but i don't think that's going to work. what i'm thinking is i can progress in hardness over 20 minutes smoothly but once i start swapping and changing, especially later on, i'm noticing the mix becomes disjointed and has no point to or purpose to it (purely because you need time to be able to switch and go on musical journeys).

from what i've figured up to now (this is not ****in easy hahaha), i'm gonna start with early detroit stuff, then into belgian techno, then underground resistance punisher/balance of terror style then into the 4/4 distorted kick drum luke slater/uk/magnetic north stuff, then just progressively get harder (i think maybe the more busier surgeon stuff) then headroom, early wilson and end with todays harder techno. like a hard tribute to the techno world rather than start pulling out dark dark or even tribal shit (hopefully i can do that another time eh)...

i dunno, i think you can see where i'm going. keep the hard 4/4 element after the belgian thing to keep the mix rolling in the little time i have. i mean i could go all clever landstrumm vogaly aphex but it as that music is so complex anyway, swapping quickly would not go i don't think, well not in 20 minutes.

wow this is turning out to be quite a task! thanks for all your input so far.

BRADLEE
03-07-2007, 08:32 PM
Just leave us a track listing homie...That's the most important...when it's done tell us who's what and where...

And if it's done right, can almost litterally do just 30-40 second chunks...That's how the Mega mixes go isn't it?

The Overfiend
03-07-2007, 08:33 PM
surgeon - badger bite
punish - misstress diana
chris mccormack - numbers and measures remix
speedy j - anything from loudboxer
ben sims - anything from code red
paul mac - cards on the table
the drumcode with carola vs beyer
kevin saundersons good life keys mixed into something
dj funk run uk

dirty_bass
03-07-2007, 08:34 PM
I`d focus on representing techno NOW.
the past is the past and the kids don`t want a history lesson about some old people who made some stuff before they were born, very hard to relate to well off middle aged nob twiddlers, let them discover the history themselves via the sounds of now, that should be more releveant to them.
So some schranze might actually be in order (did I really say that?), as it is the music of the youth.
If a radio 1 DJ was asked to represent nu rave or nu rock or whatever, you wouldn`t get them playing the last 20 years of stuff, it would be the stuff of now.
Isn`t techno about the future? and new sounds etc?

Frank Dogshit
03-07-2007, 08:47 PM
kind of agree with the above....even half the turds on radio 1 would probably play newer stuff.

time to pull out the radial,grovskopa,gunjack and makaton stuff i think..:)

xes
03-07-2007, 08:49 PM
20 mins isnt that long really to try and fit a brief rundown of the past however many years.

I agree,Mark,you know the only way this can go. You'll have to lock yourself in the studio,and flip Vs as you rock it through the night.in a true,techno renegade fashion. :cool:

MARK ANXIOUS
03-07-2007, 08:50 PM
I`d focus on representing techno NOW.
the past is the past and the kids don`t want a history lesson about some old people who made some stuff before they were born, very hard to relate to well off middle aged nob twiddlers, let them discover the history themselves via the sounds of now, that should be more releveant to them.
So some schranze might actually be in order (did I really say that?), as it is the music of the youth.
If a radio 1 DJ was asked to represent nu rave or nu rock or whatever, you wouldn`t get them playing the last 20 years of stuff, it would be the stuff of now.
Isn`t techno about the future? and new sounds etc?

holy f* dirty, you have got such a massive point. this has hit me in the face completely. sure, i love showing ppl the history of techno, it's very important to me, but yeah, kids are just going turn off if i play a load of old music. you're right, techno is about the future. when ppl ask me to play old school sets in clubs i really shy away from it, unless it's for a back room where i'm not going to get 10 ppl at the front going 'play it harder'. the section in the show is called '21 minutes to know' and i have 21 minutes to show the kids what techno is all about. obviously i thought straight away i have to show them the old shit but no, i really don't. and really is it wise to do this and risk ppl switching off and thinking techno is a load of old sounding music.

very very good point. i'm going to mull this over. any other comments much appreciated.

dirty_bass
03-07-2007, 08:58 PM
holy f* dirty, you have got such a massive point. this has hit me in the face completely. sure, i love showing ppl the history of techno, it's very important to me, but yeah, kids are just going turn off if i play a load of old music. you're right, techno is about the future. when ppl ask me to play old school sets in clubs i really shy away from it, unless it's for a back room where i'm not going to get 10 ppl at the front going 'play it harder'. the section in the show is called '21 minutes to know' and i have 21 minutes to show the kids what techno is all about. obviously i thought straight away i have to show them the old shit but no, i really don't. and really is it wise to do this and risk ppl switching off and thinking techno is a load of old sounding music.

very very good point. i'm going to mull this over. any other comments much appreciated.

Well, I just look at it via what the new rock explosion has done for music.
All the new bands that have emerged over the years have caused the kids to investigate the music, and now because of the kids doing their own research into the influences of their faves, they are discovering (and in some cases, re igniting) bands such as led zeppelin, the pixies, neil young, nirvana, the sex pistols etc.

Getting kids sparked off on the more surface and immediate sounds of todays techno might then ignite their nerdy interests to investigate deeper (deeper back historically, and deeper down musically).

the thing we can easily forget is that youth is about immediacy, attitude, rebellion. the deeper stuff comes with life experience for the most part.

xes
03-07-2007, 08:59 PM
and don't forget to drop in a plug for the forum!!

Being serious,I agree with dirty bass,20 minutes is no way long enough for a history set. Maybe do a set of tunes that have just been released,so that people can still get hold of the tunes that you'll play.

MARK ANXIOUS
03-07-2007, 09:14 PM
BRILLIANT! well that's all todays work down the drain :laughing:

ok it's gonna be a new set. i'll give em some makaton shit and some stuff you wouldn't usually hear on't radio. probably best to steer clear of minimal cause the whole of radio 1 is playing that at the moment. i'll keep it hard and different and then schranz for last 5 mins to get the kids rockin (the good shit - ahemm yeah there's definitely some good shit out there i promise hahaha).

then when they interview me i can get all excited about this 'new' music that just isnt getting the recognition it deserves. yeah, much much better than sitting there trying to educate via music that ppl cant really get any more. yeah, i would feel much more +ve and forward thinking doing this. thanks for pulling me up here you guys.

actually, i'll keep the records i've pulled out today to one side and do an old school mix for the site :)

nice 1 :rockin:

Numeric
03-07-2007, 09:25 PM
what a thread...

upfront mix is by far the best way to go, represent the latest sound, Radial, Makaton etc.

can't wait to hear it...

dirty_bass
03-07-2007, 09:33 PM
BRILLIANT! well that's all todays work down the drain :laughing:

ok it's gonna be a new set. i'll give em some makaton shit and some stuff you wouldn't usually hear on't radio. probably best to steer clear of minimal cause the whole of radio 1 is playing that at the moment. i'll keep it hard and different and then schranz for last 5 mins to get the kids rockin (the good shit - ahemm yeah there's definitely some good shit out there i promise hahaha).

then when they interview me i can get all excited about this 'new' music that just isnt getting the recognition it deserves. yeah, much much better than sitting there trying to educate via music that ppl cant really get any more. yeah, i would feel much more +ve and forward thinking doing this. thanks for pulling me up here you guys.

actually, i'll keep the records i've pulled out today to one side and do an old school mix for the site :)

nice 1 :rockin:

Well there`s plenty of new stuff that gets you excited anyway, we all know that.
You`ll do the right business chief, I`m sure.

force
03-07-2007, 10:15 PM
Two words - The Divide!

A1 off 'Museum of skulls' preferably........please!

Nearly made me shit when i first heard it on the BOA radio show.

I can imagine it grabbing the attention on radio 1 as well!

basslinejunkie
03-07-2007, 10:24 PM
new stuff?? or anything????

makatons latest release is top,but if your talking old some ruskin has got to be included

MARK ANXIOUS
03-07-2007, 11:09 PM
yeah gonna put the new rodz conez on for sure... damn a bit late on the new surgeon oliver ho remixes, just ordered them but not sure it'll come in time.... ok..

so if any labels/producers have anything they wanna put forward for this.. i'm gonna keep it non-minimal (i love mml but it's just cause so many DJ's on R1 are buzzin off this. i must be different i reckon).. if ya can msg me with any links??? they must be 320 kbps MP3. anything anyone has, would be much appreciated...

marginmaster
03-07-2007, 11:31 PM
looking forward to this, show em what time it is:cool:

MARK ANXIOUS
03-07-2007, 11:39 PM
i'll put more info up as i know it... i think it's gonna be one of those 'in new dj's we trust' slots at about 3-5am. nothing amazing but at least it's a chance to get something across eh...

Numeric
03-07-2007, 11:44 PM
'tis a great opportunity, best of luck with it Mark...

Si the Sigh
04-07-2007, 07:42 AM
i'll put more info up as i know it... i think it's gonna be one of those 'in new dj's we trust' slots at about 3-5am. nothing amazing but at least it's a chance to get something across eh...

Great! The time every cunts in the fields or clubs! :briggin:

MAKE SURE IT GETS RECORDED!!

jax
04-07-2007, 09:57 AM
"When I Rock" on Bush.
choooooooon! :cool:

p_brane
04-07-2007, 05:17 PM
sounds cool man. i'm glad your going with a modern set, should defo be worth listening to man.

i'd be tempted to throw a few classics in though

manganese- surgeon springs to mind.

and as already said. "when i rock" classic tunage.

speedy j - electric deluxe

i'd defo be going for some gunjack and makaton though.

get it posted up when your done

acidguru
04-07-2007, 06:50 PM
Celtic Cross by Ian Pooley and R.e.s.p.e.c.t. by Mike Ink,Glockenspiel by Massimo

Split-Personality
04-07-2007, 07:12 PM
Most eagerly awaited mix ive ever had on Radio 1!!!

The Overfiend
05-07-2007, 08:18 AM
Celtic Cross by Ian Pooley
WOW memory!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jon connor
05-07-2007, 04:08 PM
wot show you on ?

as for ideas mate just go with option 2 you may aswel as you will get more tracks in . start with old end with the new keep things simple dude.

oh and make sure there sum jackers in there to so i can bounce around in my my car wilst fishing outta the window . yeaa! quality........

did you hear mauro piccoto essential mix other night fooooooooooookinnnnnnnnelllllllllllllllllll! woo! minimal tech like ive never heard b4 man serious shiiitt!

jon connor
05-07-2007, 04:15 PM
TRY PLAYING THOMAS KROME "BITCHES FROM HELL" perfect classic for the type set u gunna play.......... im telling ya sir........

MARK ANXIOUS
05-07-2007, 04:32 PM
well it was going to be classics when i wrote the post but after reading a few posts on here, now i'm just gonna hammer them with new stuff. i'll have a fiddle in abelton with a few classics though, see if i can rework some of them into the set, that way i keep it bang up to date but with a few nods to the classics. anyway i'm nearly ready to record it. let y'll know how it goes.

tonyc2002
05-07-2007, 05:19 PM
they should call the show "in-djs that have been on the circuit for years - but only now do we care - trust" :laughing:

conflict
05-07-2007, 07:40 PM
toytown - hixxy and sharkey
now is the time - scott brown
anything by dougal

peace

eyeswithoutaface
05-07-2007, 07:54 PM
hahahahaha

Toytown

what a classic

dirty_bass
05-07-2007, 08:25 PM
Can you play Bad by Michael Jackson

Oh and Lady in Red by the Great DeBerg

MARK ANXIOUS
05-07-2007, 08:34 PM
f off i don't do requests :laughing:

wenna
05-07-2007, 09:57 PM
you;ve had your your own radio show for agees mark you should be a dabhand at this sorta thing! :)

APC
05-07-2007, 11:14 PM
Finish on "GETTTTTT FRESHHHH AT THE WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEKEND!"

phantomdj
05-07-2007, 11:37 PM
Torgull 'The Fridge' on Industrial Strength is a very dark techno track

Also, how about dropping an industrial track at the end?

Christoph Fringelli
The Producer
Al Core / Radium

Or will Hellfish be doing some kind of representation on 'hardcore'

The word techno is too loose anway.. you couldnt really represent a subgenre in 20mins, let alone 20 subgenres of techno.

Good luck.

judas_beast
06-07-2007, 01:23 AM
Finish on "GETTTTTT FRESHHHH AT THE WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEKEND!"

Thats probably not a bad idea, not my favourite track to be ****ing honest, but I bet 'the kids' will be right into it. Plus its ****ing catchy.

I can't wait to hear some decent music on R1, now John Peels gone its few and far between.

****in ave it Mark!

Alphajuno
06-07-2007, 09:11 AM
I dont envy you mark, it seems like you have a tough job ahead of you!!

Jay Paces idea seems the best for me.

holotropik
06-07-2007, 12:21 PM
Yeah go for tha new rather than the old. Plenty good stuff there that should take some headz.

jon connor
06-07-2007, 02:14 PM
just take the pisssssss! u will anyway dude look forward to it m8t! peace techno an out a big " go on son foooookin avit " from mr connor easy now!

v0ins
06-07-2007, 05:52 PM
I think you should play a continous mix of sandstorm by darude.

NOT! =p

Mindful
06-07-2007, 08:09 PM
woodcarvers nightmare ya

rhythmtech
06-07-2007, 08:22 PM
got anything i can dance to m8? bit of r'n'b?

Stella Boy
06-07-2007, 08:37 PM
Drop a bit of the Mecca EP by Mills, reet tune !

fils_here
08-07-2007, 06:35 PM
i'll post it up once it's been broadcast for sure. ok i've thought some more, it'll definitely be a 20 minute mash up. ok just need to get the tracks together (f me this will take all day hahaha). gimme all your suggestions and i'll get em put in if i can. :cool:

nice 1 mark, look forward to hearing this

Si the Sigh
11-07-2007, 08:34 AM
hOWS THIS GOING mARK?

Woops! Caps Lock...

tekara
11-07-2007, 12:06 PM
1) Gaetano Parisio - 1999
2) Technasia - Hydra
3) Stacey Pullen - Sweat
4) Oliver Ho - Modern to Ancient
5) Surgeon - Badger Bite

and maybe throw in a Paul Oakenfold track for good measure :)

MARK ANXIOUS
11-07-2007, 12:24 PM
it's all planned!

ok well i'm gonna try to mix 20 tracks in 20 minutes. might be some sort of record that :cheese::laughing:

all new stuff, apart from a mad mash up at the end.

wish me luck on the interview hahaha :)

Si the Sigh
11-07-2007, 12:30 PM
Make sure you record it and post the link up! I'm working so i'll miss it...

DJ Asylum
11-07-2007, 11:02 PM
is it just the mix that will be on the show, or is there an interview type thing as well??

MARK ANXIOUS
12-07-2007, 03:29 AM
ok right here we go. i'm gonna try to do 21 tracks in 21 minutes. here's a few names i wanna do.. for those that want to tune in and hear their track on't radio on sat ;)

underground resistance - punisher intro
makaton
dinner records 01
dinner records 02
new hz records
basic implant on bound
lars klien on audio
andre walter on some label i don't know
brad lee on more punk than funk
getafix 11
a mish mash of dj hell, ur, aphex twin.

it's on sat between 2 and 4 on kutski's hard dance show. if you're out of the uk you can hear on www.bbc.co.uk/radio1 (http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1) i think...

yeah i'm gonna be interviewed. you know, for once, i'm a little nervous. i'll f up big style....:ohdear:

gonna be in the same studios as chris moyles heh

i cant thank you all enough for your help.

i love this forum!! thanks for all your suggestons/help :)

Si the Sigh
12-07-2007, 07:55 AM
Please fart in Chris Moyles' chair... :)

teknorich
12-07-2007, 08:16 AM
Just try to avoid doing the Tim Westwood style "cool dj" voice that people seem to put on when being interviewed on the radio...

He really is a t*t...

acidguru
12-07-2007, 09:26 AM
Well,good luck for the show,deffo lookin´forward to that!

djfilthmonger
12-07-2007, 03:57 PM
TRY PLAYING THOMAS KROME "BITCHES FROM HELL" perfect classic for the type set u gunna play.......... im telling ya sir........

oh yeah what a class choonage,

i like to add,
murder was the bass
speedy j krek c , r tanga
Knights of the jaguar
the bells

djfilthmonger
12-07-2007, 03:58 PM
okay a bit late with this but good luck Mark!

Louk
12-07-2007, 04:28 PM
sounding wicked mate look forward to it! Louk

geelist
12-07-2007, 05:17 PM
Hey Mark,
I've just looked at the website for the In New DJ's We Trust section of Radio 1 and it says the last show was broadcast between 2am and 4am?? Does this mean that Kutski's show will be broadcast at a different time? I've listened to some of Mistress De Funks minimal shows on In New DJ's We Trust and they were broadcast between 2am and 4am too.

heres the link...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/innewdjswetrust/

Just wondering...

MARK ANXIOUS
12-07-2007, 06:56 PM
yup 2--4 is it - my bad!!!

:ohdear:

MARK NEENAN
12-07-2007, 07:20 PM
Brilliant, i'll be tuning in! Just have to keep checkin when your on. Don't suppose you now the exact time????
Can't stand listening to hardcore! Hahaha.
I heard mistress de funk do this slot recently and was loving some of the minimal quirkiness she was playin.
Agree with si, would be good to hear a classic london acid tune in there aswell.

geelist
12-07-2007, 07:36 PM
Cool. I'll be tuned in :)

Yeah Mistress De Funk does play some quality stuff if you like your minimal.

Anyway, have a good one Mark !!!!

markandrew
12-07-2007, 09:59 PM
yup 2--4 is it - my bad!!!

:ohdear:

it says friday 2am til 4 am on the bbc website not sat 2 til 4 the essential mix is sat is that right :) http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/schedule/

MARK ANXIOUS
12-07-2007, 11:58 PM
jesus h, you're right!!! hahah nice 1... i'm glad ya pointed this out mate

now you know why i'm always late to dj gigs... hahahah

markandrew
13-07-2007, 04:53 PM
jesus h, you're right!!! hahah nice 1... i'm glad ya pointed this out mate

now you know why i'm always late to dj gigs... hahahah

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: ya nutter

Tyrisia
13-07-2007, 11:06 PM
kudos for gettin this gig Mark, I am gonna defo stay up and listen to this one, I know it'll go down a storm!

Little_Fella!
14-07-2007, 01:35 AM
So i'm assuming that its tonight then...??

Like almost now, after Fabio & Grooverider...:scratch: #

20mins... man thats a toughy

I totally agree with representing Techno using completely new stuff...

Little_Fella!
14-07-2007, 02:18 AM
Ahh... it is on - good...

70,000 in Holland eh... my goodness:rockin:

geelist
14-07-2007, 02:27 AM
Tuned.

:)

Little_Fella!
14-07-2007, 03:17 AM
Well that went pretty well... over so quickly tho eh

Nice touch biggin up the members on the blackout forum and the bit about future thinking...:cool:

The Overfiend
14-07-2007, 04:29 AM
was it recorded and such?

MARK NEENAN
14-07-2007, 12:43 PM
I cocked up aswell and thought it was tonight! Just ''listened again'' on in new dj's we trust page though and thought it was bruilliant mark, well done! You'll have to put a full tracklisting up at some point?
There are some seriously wicked tunes on there i ain't heard before! fair shout for playing that hardcell and grndvik track aswell, love it!

Mucky Beats
15-07-2007, 11:18 PM
we tripped out and thought it was sat night opps... just listend on the replay tho ... really enjoyed the set fair play 21 tunes in 21 minutes!!!! nice one for the techno experiment plug too !

Ritzi Lee
16-07-2007, 06:16 PM
tracklist?

Si the Sigh
17-07-2007, 07:42 AM
Link thats not to the Radio 1 site as it's blocked here... ?

teknorich
17-07-2007, 03:24 PM
Mark, can you post a link to the set on here please?? You must have a copy, no?

Si the Sigh
17-07-2007, 03:41 PM
Mark, can you post a link to the set on here please?? You must have a copy, no?

Seconded.

Pretty please!

maily
17-07-2007, 04:41 PM
serious set mark. a load of top tracks in there. need to know what they were!

rounded off my night out to see surgeon a right treat :)

Louk
18-07-2007, 10:01 AM
tracklist?

Hey marky! This was wicked man!! Please could you put a tracklist up as a track at 15 mins rocked my world!!!! Please please please mark that would be ace.

Louk

Si the Sigh
18-07-2007, 10:22 AM
...and a direct link to the set would be super! :)

marginmaster
18-07-2007, 11:43 AM
brilliant mate, done us proud:ruevil: :cool:

weekender_veteran
22-07-2007, 04:57 PM
heard it on the listen again feature, surley there must be a recording of it somewhere???

mark, fvckin fantastic!!!!!!!!!!! loved every second of it mate :)

weekender_veteran
22-07-2007, 05:03 PM
Seconded.

Pretty please!

errrrrrrr, thirded :cheese:

xes
22-07-2007, 06:19 PM
fourthdededed

MARK ANXIOUS
22-07-2007, 11:03 PM
i had to wait until it was off the radio 1 listen again player, but when i get back next week i will post it up here :)

Si the Sigh
23-07-2007, 08:00 AM
Yippie! :)

dan the acid man
23-07-2007, 11:56 AM
nice one, can't wait to hear it

weekender_veteran
01-08-2007, 08:40 PM
are we any closer to being able to d/l the radio1 set? i'm itching to hear it again.
come on mark, get it posted up man :briggin: :cheese:

Si the Sigh
02-08-2007, 07:31 AM
Bump Again!! :)

teknorich
02-08-2007, 08:46 AM
6 pages and still no link...
I'm starting to think it never existed, and was all just a myth.
Is this the musical Holy Grail?!?

Numeric
02-08-2007, 09:51 AM
yeah man where's the linkage?

DannyBlack
03-08-2007, 03:41 PM
OK, I've just got a slot on Radio 1 next Saturday to 'represent techno in 20 minutes' - well, that's the brief anyway. Basically I've got till next Monday to do it.

So, I was thinking how I would do this. Either I can bung together the usual 6 track mix that every other mofo does or get hot and sweaty in the studio over the next few days and do like an Ableton/Soundforge mash up of a silly amount of tracks that truly represents our genre.

I really like the sound of option 2. So, here's the question:

What are the tracks you would put in a mix like this? I'll try to bung as many of them in as possible as well as my own selection. Let me know you guys :cheese:

option 2 mark and if it was me to do it would use Vitalic 'La rock 01'. has to be done, what a pounder of a track.

koma
03-08-2007, 10:29 PM
dude, its over... he was on the radio already and we are waiting for the link...

weekender_veteran
05-08-2007, 02:08 PM
dude, its over... he was on the radio already and we are waiting for the link...

and we're still waiting i see :;

DannyBlack
05-08-2007, 02:11 PM

man, im some dope... honest to god, i just dont know sometimes...

MITA
17-08-2007, 10:39 PM
anytime this century link?

The Overfiend
17-08-2007, 11:19 PM
My kids will get the update, at this rate.

Si the Sigh
20-08-2007, 07:32 AM
BUMP

xes
20-08-2007, 08:28 AM
*puts rizla papers inbetween Mark EGs toes and lights them*

DannyBlack
20-08-2007, 02:39 PM
bump.... mark old bean, have you a link??

DVNT
20-08-2007, 02:59 PM
Have you guys check on www.themixingbowl.org ?

Should be on there.

278d7e64a374de26f==