thomas_figo
03-07-2007, 10:35 PM
new track in production.
any comments will be appreciate

http://www.speedyshare.com/300526893.html

--------------------------------------------------------------

BRADLEE
04-07-2007, 12:33 AM
only got the phones on for a listen, but really liking the direction of the tune thus far. Reminds me of Rboert Natus FC Track I alwyas liked that track..so i well enjoy this one too. Wish i could comment on mixdown...buit arrangement sounds cool thus far.

p_brane
04-07-2007, 05:31 PM
devastating bass man.

as brad says, good progression.

IMO i think the bass overwhelmes the track as it builds up, dont know if its my speakers, but the mid range perc seems to disapear as the bass progress'.

nice track though man i reckon it would cause serious chest compression on a big rig:-)

thomas_figo
16-07-2007, 03:52 PM
track is ready for final review i reckon.

wot do u think guys???

http://www.speedyshare.com/283481828.html

------------------------------------------------------------

detfella
16-07-2007, 10:50 PM
heavy mate! bass still sounds like its bitcrushed to me?? hats are coming through much better this time. maybe sound at 2.16 could be higher in mix, and bass a touch lower.

rhythmtech
17-07-2007, 10:36 AM
nice little track. the sidechained compression really suits the sound.

few issues with it.

the kick is lost underneath that huge synth sound and the hats are quite lost in the mix aswell.

i'd also add a key change to the synth every now and then just to break it up a little.

good work.

Siege
17-07-2007, 12:19 PM
DLing....comment later.

BloodStar
17-07-2007, 05:49 PM
can somebody tell me how to the d/l the track please. i am bit lost on that shitty speedyshare.hehe.

thomas_figo
17-07-2007, 07:29 PM
can somebody tell me how to the d/l the track please. i am bit lost on that shitty speedyshare.hehe.
as usual right click it and save it dude

Siege
18-07-2007, 11:19 AM
Like this mate...similar to ur monster trk...
Cant comment on production as im on shitty pc speakers, but sounds mean and dirty.

stjohn
18-07-2007, 02:20 PM
yo..

yea great track.. but i agree about the kick... try to give a bit more punch in the mids and you should be alright!! i know the feeling tho....fitting thos monster basslines are always a headwreck!!

good work tho...edits etc are sweet too!!

thomas_figo
18-07-2007, 11:49 PM
thnx to u all guys. will sort few things out and hopely it will go out somewhere.
thanx

thomas_figo
12-08-2007, 06:41 PM
the track is finished but will appreciate any sugestions. it sounds good to me on my speakers but it would be great if someone could listen on his and share thoughts.

http://www.speedyshare.com/881507145.html (mp3 - 320kbs)

ps.wot kind of label could i go for with it? wot do u reckon guys?

thomas_figo
16-08-2007, 09:28 PM
the track is finished but will appreciate any sugestions. it sounds good to me on my speakers but it would be great if someone could listen on his and share thoughts.

http://www.speedyshare.com/881507145.html (mp3 - 320kbs)

ps.wot kind of label could i go for with it? wot do u reckon guys?
anyone please

Tyrisia
16-08-2007, 09:48 PM
anyone please

Yeah, has gone a bit quiet in here, but hey ho. I'll have to go check Brad's new site, see if he's nicked all the punters hehe.

Well, I would totally rethink the mix on the percussion, it all seems totally buried behind that main synth, can hardly hear the tops at all. Bring the snare and all hats forward in the mix, and try to thin the main synth by cutting the low mid, have a go at around the 600mhz mark and go from there.

It's got potential though, there's a great track there, just needs a tweak.

Little_Fella!
17-08-2007, 03:08 AM
Yeah, I'd go with Tyrisia on this and sort the mix out...

It has a lot of energy going on, which I like, but for me, on a personal level, all that distortion is detracting from your lead sounds... so it becomes a wall of 'thrashing' instead of being able to focus on your main drive points when your wanting the dancefloor to follow your lead...

The percussion is your engine for this tune so I'd bring it all forward and let it shine, rather than shroud it in one big cloak of 'terror-death'...

Hope you don't mind me sayin' as it is just personal preference as far as the style goes...

Cheers...:cool:

thomas_figo
19-08-2007, 11:17 PM
thnx guys. thnx a lot

Jay Pace
30-08-2007, 11:14 PM
links down mate. Reupload?

thomas_figo
04-09-2007, 01:59 AM

my pc crashed.will hav it back on 2morrow so will reupload then

thomas_figo
05-09-2007, 04:47 PM

hope u like it

http://www.speedyshare.com/246495628.html

-------------------------------------------------------------

Jay Pace
15-09-2007, 02:54 PM
allo mate

Started with a lovely growl, but when the kick came in the growl lost its low end presence. Think you migth have overcooked it on the distortion and EQ a bit. It ends up being a bit overpowering and doesn't really leave enough room for the elements to sit. Might be an idea to leave the bass a bit cleaner for the main section

The kick needs more high end click to it and needs to sit with the bass a little more comfortably, sounds like its fighting to get heard with the bass distortion in the higher frequencies.

i really like the verbs your using, and the high end echo'd sounds are fantastic. Structurally this is interesting, progression works well and the different elements work well together.

Think there's a really interesting track here mate. I'd be more sparing of your verbs, clean up the bass a bit and look at eq on your kick because the sidechain pumps so hard it stalls the flow a bit when you do your offbeat kicks. With a cleaner bass and less verbs you'd get less of the washy distortion that muddies things up. I'd also unhook the sidechain from the high end or verbs, or bring up the volume a lot on the kick because the dip in volume isn't filled by the kick sound at the moment.

Personally the offbeat kicks and changes in the kick pattern don't do anything for me, I'd want straight 4/4 for a track like this with some interesting high end percussion and changes to drive the track along - which you've got.

Good work mate, will look forward to any updates.

thomas_figo
15-09-2007, 09:37 PM
massive thanx mate. aprecciate your usefull tips.
will sort it out soon and update u if u like.
thnx alot

dirty_bass
18-09-2007, 12:12 AM
I like this, lots of energy, nice and uplifting.

There are a lot of problems.
First off, obvisouly, is that big distorted bassline.
It just covers everything up.

I`ll try to break things down as much as I can for you.

Main thing is the kick.
It`s not cutting through.
First off, you`ve sidechained your big sound, which is a good start.
I`d add some top to that kick to let it cut the mix nicely. It`s hard to tell, but the compression on the kick sounds pretty effective, so I think it`s just a case of bringing the kick volume up.
Ok, now to really sort things, find the main sweet spots of the kick in the high bass and and the top end, ans then pull out these frequencies from your big bassline. a cut of 2 to 3 db should be fine, with a reasonably narrow Q.
This will give the kick just a litle more room again.

Those hats are very watery and weedy, they need more top end sparkle, and a little more size. I`d be inclined to send all your hats to a separate bus, add a little bit crushing for grit, some compresion for size, and a little post eq for sparkle.

Once this is done you`ll have more groove and definition to your percussion.
It`s then a case of defining which other sounds within this tune you consider important, and bringing them up in the mix a little, remembering to pull their main occupying frequencies out of the big super compressed distorted bassline.

As a final trick I would put a little master compression over the track and sidechain it to the kick. Only use a sublte pump though, or you`ll render the track unusable in terms of mastering stage.

thomas_figo
19-09-2007, 05:54 PM
thnx steve to u as well.great advices.
i think just by reading this post people can learn a lot.great stuff. thats why this forum is my number one

Jay Pace
19-09-2007, 05:55 PM
+1 to what he said

278d7e64a374de26f==