PDA

View Full Version : 2 or 3&more turntable mixing?

ReakZ
05-07-2007, 12:22 AM
well some peeps stick to the 2 cuz its original but the point is what sets u like more? mixing with 2 u can show or listen with the crowd the tracks at their best having all those big & most important breaks,with 3 ive check most of mixes are just "middle+begining+begining" of the tracks but on the other hand u can show or once again hear some great mixing & tracks playing unique lets say one track with the other ones beat or bassline? but somtimes i find those mixes kinda confusing,
what type are u into more ?

Jay Pace
07-07-2007, 03:37 PM
I use cycloops and a loop function in traktor, which means I can have 3/4 different channels on the go at any one time. 2 deck mixes are great but you can make a set sound a lot more individual with more elements in the mix.

Depends on the style of techno you are into, but I find it a lot more fun to have more elements on the go. With two deck mixing you could have a cup of tea in between tracks sometimes, which I find a bit boring. Push yourself harder and you learn new skills, and you make your performance more individual.

Siege
11-07-2007, 12:11 AM
3 deck mixing is the best for me...but u can still keep busy with 2..just all depends what level you take ur mixing to.
Get another copy of a trk ur playing and juggle them up..1 off,1 on...or a beat behind..sort of remix it up...use eq to make ur own drops,or just mix em quick..get as many trks played as u can,which will keep u busy more.

If ur just playing records..1 into the other..then yeah,ur gonna have spare time on ur hands in between trks and that can become boring.

278d7e64a374de26f==