PDA

View Full Version : Carragher to Quit England

Numeric
09-07-2007, 09:40 AM
was a bit suprised when i saw this rumour as i thought he was younger but he's 29 now apparently, i guess he must be p**sed of that King and even Brown have been picked ahead of him recently for the international team...

hell of a defender though, it has to be said...

basslinejunkie
09-07-2007, 10:52 AM
dont blame him.hes been the best most consistent defender in the prem for the last 2/3 years.

french_og
09-07-2007, 12:01 PM
Outstanding for Liverpool in the Prem and Champions league....
He has been unlucky at International level that we have had other quality defender also. Can understand why that the likes of Terry, Campbell and Ferdinand have played ahead of him but not Wes Brown.

Insomnia
09-07-2007, 12:06 PM
Yeah no doubt he has been first class for Liverpool over the years, the kind of player you definately want on your side!

basslinejunkie
09-07-2007, 12:07 PM
ferdinand is good like,class on the ball,but cara is a far better defender. terry an cara at the back for england would be awsome.

Numeric
09-07-2007, 12:27 PM
your claim that Carra has been most consistent over the past couple of years is fair, but Rio is a far better player and defender, regardless or his one or two lapses, Rio is still best defender on these shores...

DJCraig Ryan
09-07-2007, 03:33 PM
I disagree i think Carragher is a better player than Rio anyday. I would choose Carragher over him all day. Terry and Carragher at the back for me. Dont blame Carragher for getting pissed off with England, choosing Brown over him is taking the piss.

basslinejunkie
09-07-2007, 04:45 PM
your claim that Carra has been most consistent over the past couple of years is fair, but Rio is a far better player and defender, regardless or his one or two lapses, Rio is still best defender on these shores...

better player i.e on the ball,yes. better defender??? not a chance.

djfase
09-07-2007, 07:36 PM
Carra is a utility player for england. Another phil neville.

Done the right thing quitting. He can now concentrate on liverpool.

Must be hard meeting up for england games and only getting the odd sub appearance here and there

french_og
09-07-2007, 08:32 PM
I think he might as well wait until after Euro 2008, he would be kicking himself Terry and Ferdinand both were injured.

Numeric
07-08-2007, 10:01 AM
so with the current injury situation, McClaren is beggin Carragher to come back and play for England :laughing:

word is he's also gonna recall Sol Campbell...

french_og
07-08-2007, 12:15 PM
I have no probs with Sol coming back - he has always been solid for England and was brilliant last season.

I reckon Carragher will wait until after the Euro's though.

Eddowion
07-08-2007, 04:38 PM
I have no probs with Sol coming back - he has always been solid for England and was brilliant last season.

I reckon Carragher will wait until after the Euro's though.
Don't forget we have Adams and Pallister waiting in the wings, hoping for a recall.

Numeric
08-08-2007, 09:18 AM
:laughing:

Bruce and Pallister were the boyz back in the day, no question...

french_og
08-08-2007, 09:23 AM
Bruce never played for England!!!

Numeric
08-08-2007, 09:26 AM
yeah i know, meant for United, sorry man...

it's crazy that Bruce was never chosen for England, has to go down as one of the best players never capped for his country, i guess Adams was the main man in them days though...

Microdot
08-08-2007, 11:50 AM
This looks to me to be Carragher spitting his dummy out the pram.

despite being the best "traditional" centre half in England, he still falls a long way short of Rio and Terry in terms of footballing ability, and so will always be third in line at best.

A better man would try and fight for his place, knowing that he'll be included in any tournament squads.
good news for the scousers though I suppose.

Numeric
08-08-2007, 12:20 PM
This looks to me to be Carragher spitting his dummy out the pram.

despite being the best "traditional" centre half in England, he still falls a long way short of Rio and Terry in terms of footballing ability, and so will always be third in line at best.

A better man would try and fight for his place, knowing that he'll be included in any tournament squads.
good news for the scousers though I suppose.

fair points there...

nick_anarchy
08-08-2007, 08:56 PM
innit ....

278d7e64a374de26f==