PDA

View Full Version : Siege - Purple Drift

Siege
10-07-2007, 01:22 AM
New tune im close to finishing.....probably add a few more subtle bits and bobs here and there??
As always feedback,comments and abuse of any sort are fully appreciated.
Excuse the low rate mp3...set the wrong bit rate accidently.
cheers.

http://213.129.73.14/members/my_tracks/audio/DT_ACF2525729368.mp3

ORIS
10-07-2007, 04:23 PM
nice. downloadin now. will coment in a bit.

ORIS
10-07-2007, 07:30 PM
nice m8, my only gripe is that im not likeing that synth at all, sounds like the logon sound for windows, but thats just my personal prefrence.

apart from that mate i really like the tune, nice atmosphere, sweet hats, and a phat little bassline. goood shit.

BRADLEE
10-07-2007, 08:29 PM
I think really nice tune overall. Sound reminds me quite much of Dan (the divide) like mad. I think you could just use some more intelligent edits to keep it moving slightly more. But really nice tune.

thomas_figo
10-07-2007, 08:32 PM
realy good hi's and kick. everything works well together i reckon. im only not into that main theme mate.would replace it for something harder.
nice one mate anyway.

Siege
10-07-2007, 09:14 PM
Cheers Oris..Brad...Thomas...
getting mixed opinions on the riff -hook and the synth...some are not liking as uve said and some are. Need some more opinions b4 i decide whether to lose em or keep em.

keep em coming please!!

p_brane
10-07-2007, 09:58 PM
not sure about the windows synth as oris said. but the theme is cool man. maybe just change the sound on that riff. i'd probably go for some thing a little sharper to contrast the other melodic components

tune is nice though. quality production on those drums.

and now you'll be thinking "decisions, decisions" ;)

detfella
10-07-2007, 11:18 PM
nice interesting drum/perc workout. like the synth sound, maybe add a detuned osc with it to phatten it up, make it sound a little ruffer round the edges.

Siege
10-07-2007, 11:19 PM
Cheers for that P brane....appreciate it..
as it stands im keeping the synth in and im gonna set up a send with some delay or sommat for the riff. gonna touch the volume down on it too as i think its dominating the mix a bit.
I still like the sound im using for the riff,sort of reminds me of the sound in jeoff mills, the bells,IMO.....not that thats what i went for intentionally.
I still may change the riff sound yet...see if out else gets said about it.

abuse please!

Siege
10-07-2007, 11:24 PM
nice interesting drum/perc workout. like the synth sound, maybe add a detuned osc with it to phatten it up, make it sound a little ruffer round the edges.

Thanx 4 listening mate......helps a lot.
more mixed opinions.
Can see a pattern emerging here i think......like,dont like,like, dont like

keep em coming
cheers

p_brane
10-07-2007, 11:41 PM
Can see a pattern emerging here i think......like,dont like,like, dont like

ah the joys of decision making...

go with what ya feel is right man.

Siege
11-07-2007, 12:12 PM
Anybody else??

Siege
11-07-2007, 11:40 PM
Tweaked a bit more...

heres a new link if anyone else cares to comment??
better mp3 rate.

.http://213.129.73.14/members/my_tracks/audio/DT_ACF40A2506396.mp3

stjohn
12-07-2007, 03:04 AM
you rock that synth girlfriend!!!

:)

i say keep too...its weird and different....smooths well along with the other synths..

brad is right about being like dannys stuff...weird and funky..which is how i like it!

production is spot on and there is great spacing out of all the sounds!! tune itself is wickid too mate, great movemnt to it...
but u could deffo go for some crazy edits to fill up the transistions!

great stuff from you Cal man!!

Tyrisia
12-07-2007, 01:01 PM
love the production and the drums, and the synths except that main one that is in contention. I reckon a less lazy sound, that really stands out would be better, but the note sequence does work. It's one of those that needs an extra special sound to really take the track to that next level.

great stuff tho dude..

rhythmtech
12-07-2007, 01:09 PM
great tune, great production.

my only gripe is that once the synths come in it starts to lose the initial energy that was there at the start.

i quite like the windows synth.. i'd maybe bitcrush it a little though.

MARK ANXIOUS
12-07-2007, 05:02 PM
i like the track alot but i think the synth is too loud by a few db. or perhaps a little too much around its low end. if it was knocked back the track would roll better i think and you'd hear the rest of it better. have a go and see what happens.

Siege
12-07-2007, 06:03 PM
Hey thanx lads..im glad u like...thought i was on my own for a while there.
Il work on a few edits for it....gonna look into the volume and bottom on the synth like mark mentioned.
il try crushing it a little to baz...see how it sounds.

thanx again guys...appreciate a lot
cheers

Mindful
12-07-2007, 07:18 PM
This is sounding much better now Vino.
You gotta keep the synth. I would like to hear the other that plays lower down featured more.
I think if the synths faded up rather than just came in then that would solve the problem as much as turning the volume down would.
But you know me mate I like introducing my elements like this.

Theres deffo more of a theme now then when I first heard it and it develops well I think.
Personaly I like it without edits.To me it gives it a more cosy vibe(does that make sense?)

Production wise im on shitty pc spks but I know what yr production is like(and its pretty consitant)
Ill check it at home.

Siege
12-07-2007, 09:17 PM
Thanx mukka
yeah the synths staying put.....dropped the volume on it a touch,and it does sound better...cheers mark.
just putting a couple of edits in now, subtle though.

Alphajuno
13-07-2007, 11:07 AM
Dead link :(

Siege
13-07-2007, 12:15 PM
Theres a new link further down the page mate.

dirty_bass
13-07-2007, 03:03 PM
right mate, just saw that link you mailed me.
Yeah, digging this.

Leave all the synths as they are, it`s your taste you need to please, if you put it up for public opinion you`ll just end up with a compromise that isn`t you.

Production wise the low end all sits nicely.
A touch too muddy in the low mids/high bass though. Could do with some more clinical subtractive EQ in this area.
I`d say the top end could do with a little more sparkle, and a touch of verb to give it more presence too, maybe it`s also a little thin, but that may be because there`s a big gap below your main hats. Maybe tweak the other toppy sounds a little to fill this up.
I`d drop the level of that main bell/piano synth just a touch as it dominates the mix just a little too much.

The mix has a nice warmth to it which is good.

Nice and chunky, kinda reminds me of early mankind kinda sound. Deep and techy, nice, don`t hear much of this kinda stuff any more.

Alphajuno
13-07-2007, 03:54 PM
Great tune, sounds really well produced.... the percussion is well programmed.

Im not a fan of the synth either, just jumps out too much.

Siege
13-07-2007, 07:31 PM
Cheers Steve.... ive done a small low cut on the main synth..as cleared up the mud you mentioned...dropped the volume on the bell synth a little lastnight.... sounds better.
Il have a tweak later regarding the space under the main hats...see how it sounds.

@ alphajuno....thanx mate,but the synths are staying put.

Thanx again to everyone whos took the time to reply....good or bad....really does help a lot.

Little_Fella!
15-07-2007, 12:27 AM
Totally agree with keeping them synths in...

They are kinda abstract in the way that they nag at you but for a damn good reason... then the housey/techy chunky hook, which I really get off on, comes in and the whole thing boots off... lovely:cool:

Siege
15-07-2007, 07:23 PM
Thanks little fella...glad your feelin it.

BloodStar
16-07-2007, 05:49 PM
cool track, man, i am feeling the funk you ve got there. thats cool. nice synth, though. as for the production, it sounds nice. maybe bit more reverb on the sounds could sound sweet. or some dropdown and then totally twisted builidup. thatz my tastes, hehe.
good stuff!

Siege
17-07-2007, 12:21 PM
Cheers bloodstar.
Gonna leave this now as im happy with it....on to the nxt one.

278d7e64a374de26f==