PDA

View Full Version : Technique - Whats your favourite?

RDR
10-07-2007, 09:48 AM
Divided into two sections...

1. Mixing Technique

2. Scratching technique

My favourites are:

Mixing - Cuts, Fades and using EQ to slight of hand a sound out of view, extremely quick mixes that no-one notices. Reversing vinly by hand and keeping it going at the right tempo by hand while mixing with the other one!

Scratching - Scribble, Oribt and click flare... crabbings fun but hurts after a bit and gets boring. vocal cuts and re-arranging vocal samples.

Stuff i use not very often: spinbacks, stops

Siege
10-07-2007, 11:58 PM
Pretty much same as me mate...i like to keep busy in the mix.
I like to vary long fluid mixing with more cut up style...creative eqing, beat juggling with 2 records the same..1 on ,1 off.... like using 3 dex too,having 2 trks mixing at all times...im also well into my scratching...need to master the crab a bit more, but apart its all good.
Occasionally do a bit of scratching in my sets..but not the obvious, more of an fx style or on beats..and in moderation...do a bit then leave it alone

ReakZ
12-07-2007, 05:26 AM
my fav technique would be hiting 12" into head just like in this video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ccJegJpHlnI ;)))
Reversing vinly by hand and keeping it going at the right tempo by hand while mixing with the other one! <- thats also very familiar!
another pretty weird and cool thing is makin beat
by just taking the needle and adding on and off the record
and for final tipical low-cut while adding more high or mids is also nice!

dan the acid man
21-07-2007, 10:46 PM
throwing my hands in the air then falling over the decks is always a winner:cheese:

RDR
22-07-2007, 10:10 AM
throwing my hands in the air then falling over the decks is always a winner:cheese:

I can see that being popular :laughing:

Jay Pace
24-07-2007, 04:10 PM
I like pretending to fiddle with the EQ knobs during the breakdown so that it looks like its me doing the breakdown

Then I stike the God pose at the end of the build up and look out at my adoring crowd and cream my pants.

basslinejunkie
24-07-2007, 04:20 PM
so your tiestos mentor,you must be so proud.

i try to bring a track in with the eq's,rather than just slamming it in all the time then messing about.bit tough when you got shite cheap headphones tho.

DannyBlack
01-08-2007, 03:00 PM
plenty of cuts, looooooooooooooooooooooooooong ass mixes if the track in question are extra creamy together. completing the loop with the kick of the track coming in is a favorite of mine. some times a really harsh quick mix.

i also love hiding one track in another ie: Dave clarkes "what was her name" hidden inside henrik B's manwolf B-side, then fade out what was her name and belt in a new tune before manwolf ends... if that makes sense?

Barely Human
01-08-2007, 04:50 PM
Mixing - Whatever is needed at the time.

Scratching - Tripple and double click flare, crab, rubs and tone work. Also complex juggles.

RDR
02-08-2007, 12:13 PM
plenty of cuts, looooooooooooooooooooooooooong ass mixes if the track in question are extra creamy together. completing the loop with the kick of the track coming in is a favorite of mine. some times a really harsh quick mix.

i also love hiding one track in another ie: Dave clarkes "what was her name" hidden inside henrik B's manwolf B-side, then fade out what was her name and belt in a new tune before manwolf ends... if that makes sense?

Yeah it does... i enjoy that as well... really sounds amazing if you get it right.

RDR
02-08-2007, 12:14 PM
I like pretending to fiddle with knob during the breakdown so that it looks like its me doing the breakdown

Then I stike the God pose at the end of the build up and look out at my adoring pants and cream my crowd.

Who's knob?

Which crowd?

Barely Human
02-08-2007, 04:04 PM
Who's knob?

Which crowd?

Meow....:laughing:

278d7e64a374de26f==