PDA

View Full Version : hard, minimal aggressive track

p_brane
10-07-2007, 04:27 PM
this ones getting incorporated into me live set when i get it sorted.

feedback, abuse welcome!

its dark and hard man.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=1G8VMCFE

p_brane
10-07-2007, 05:20 PM
****in mega upload, bag of crap

here

http://download.yousendit.com/FCCD4D5F06B52F4C

ORIS
10-07-2007, 07:07 PM
m8, cant really comment on the production yet, as im only using shitty pc speakers, but from what i can hear, its a fukin propa little banger, the synth is spot on, and the crunchy hats (mite just be my speakers) sound spot on.

goood work.

p_brane
10-07-2007, 07:26 PM
cheers Oris, yeh the hat are meant to be a bit crunchy.

still working on it at the moment, just got so into mixing it live last night i had to bounce it down to get some proper feedback

glad ya like it.

detfella
10-07-2007, 11:14 PM
really liking this, the synth is really haunting, the noisy high part is really cool maybe panned too much? kick sounds wicked on the headphones. when you start filtering around 3.16 i'd prolly bring up the snares a touch. would nice to hear a ride as well, just for extra lift, nice work :)

p_brane
10-07-2007, 11:37 PM
cheers for the feedback det.

the high static seems to disapear the less width it has. hence the spread.

ive added some nice delay on the breakdown you mentioned. sounding good

i've dabbled in a wee bit of subtractive eq on the kick and bass to give em there full potential.

ill post up the finished thing tommorrow.

not many changes, just enough i think.

p_brane
10-07-2007, 11:52 PM
new version.

finished i reckon..

in all its 320kbps glory

http://download.yousendit.com/0C715453794C193F

p_brane
12-07-2007, 08:04 AM
anymore takers??

MARK ANXIOUS
12-07-2007, 05:09 PM
yeah the feel of this is esxcellent, but that bass isnt right. it's sat rumbling away, not really saying anything. it's like a hum but with no real power. **** around with that eq and a few distortions man and make it sing!!!!

p_brane
12-07-2007, 06:48 PM
cheers mark, will do!!

p_brane
13-07-2007, 03:56 PM
anymore comments on production??

eh eh?

rhythmtech
13-07-2007, 04:06 PM
really fizzy sounding :)

love the little stop edit in it.

i think the kick needs phatening up a little.. it seems to be very much low/mids.. a bit of sub would really help it.

the overall concept is nice.. kinda like early cluster in a minimal fashion.

i think you could vary the edits a bit more and maybe an extra percussive element wide in the stereo field.

good work.

dirty_bass
13-07-2007, 04:19 PM
Nice.

first thing noticable is the kick/hat realtionship.
It lacks balance and the hats outweigh the kick.
the kick could do with a little more high end click to balance this, and maybe just a touch more volume.

The bass could be brought up in the mix as mark said it`s not doing much now.
Maybe dirty the bass up just a touch.

There are large gaps in the mix, and although this is minimal, the idea of minimal, is you maximise the little sounds you have to fill the space.
The hats and lead synth dominate, leaving a large gap in the mids, and low mids. Something could be done to fill this space.

A little more variation wouldn`t go amiss in something this minimal either.

Nice overall mood though.

p_brane
13-07-2007, 04:27 PM
cheers for the feedback guys.

i'm gonna have a good play with this one later.

@dirty bass. i know what you mean about it being lacking in the mid/low mid section. but i really dont want to add anymore elements.

to me the tune is all about that nagging synth. i dont want to pollute that and make the pattern over complicated.

have ya any ideas. should i be giving the snare more low mid presence??

dirty_bass
13-07-2007, 04:37 PM
cheers for the feedback guys.

i'm gonna have a good play with this one later.

@dirty bass. i know what you mean about it being lacking in the mid/low mid section. but i really dont want to add anymore elements.

to me the tune is all about that nagging synth. i dont want to pollute that and make the pattern over complicated.

have ya any ideas. should i be giving the snare more low mid presence??

Yeah, maybe work some of your percussion more into this area.
With this kind of stuff you need to make clever use of compression to give sounds size, but oviously not overdoing it.

p_brane
15-07-2007, 12:05 PM
cheers for the tips DB. expect a repost soon

BloodStar
15-07-2007, 02:52 PM
nice driving track. that synth sounds mental as it goes. other than that not too much happening in there. maybe you can add some more drums as was said already. production part of thing sounds quite ok, just fill those mids bit more and also kick could go bit lower i think..
good work, anyway.

p_brane
16-07-2007, 12:08 PM
cheers for the feedback bloodstar. glad your liking the gist of the track.

i think i'm gonna give the percussion a complete overhaul on this track, give it some more substance and a few more elements after all.

not gonna change the arrangement too much though, maybe a few more automations, varied edits.

ill post it up when its been butchered.:cheese:

278d7e64a374de26f==