PDA

View Full Version : Probs with Ableton and UC-33e

JohnnySideways
12-07-2007, 11:56 AM
Hi, wondering if anyone can help me here
My settings seem to have disapeared...i thought ableton remembered my assignments? not/or as well as the machine itself?
Now i dont mind re-assigning everything...but another problem i have here is that say..i assigned a slider on my controller to trigger a reverse on Dblue glitch for instance..now whats happening is the slider is working in reverse??...so up means off and down means on...is there any way i can remedy this...its gonna be a bit awkward workin backwards!
everything was workin ok on this controller last week
i dont want to reassign everything to then lose it again...what should i do?
hope that all makes sense
please help! i've got a gig next weekend

Tyrisia
12-07-2007, 03:20 PM
I had a similar prob with Ableton and my X-Session, have you installed Labtec webcam drivers recently, coz I found these were conflicting with my X-Session drivers. I got the driver update for both and now it works fine.

May not be the solution but worth a mention.

JohnnySideways
12-07-2007, 03:30 PM
eyup..cheers
no i havnt...i actually havnt founs i even need to install the uc-33's drivers...all was workin fine until today

Tyrisia
12-07-2007, 03:42 PM
try gettin the new driver from the m-audio site if there is one, it might be an easy fix.

the only other obvious thing would be that you've accidently changed the program on the controller without realising it, this could account things not working.

MARK ANXIOUS
12-07-2007, 03:58 PM
i know it's an obvious one, but you're plugging it into the same usb port are you???

JohnnySideways
12-07-2007, 04:06 PM
yep...i accidentally changed the program lol cheers!
i pressed a different one and i've got all my settings back..nice one
wierd though...coz i didnt actually save anything on any program to my knowledge...in fact i was wondering how to do this...seems it does it for you..this right?

Tyrisia
12-07-2007, 04:26 PM
hehe glad to have helped dude, I know that one from bitter experience.

all the programs are set up with different cc numbers for each slider/knob, so when you change the program you change the numbers on the knob, but the number stays the same in ableton, so they don't match up and don't work.

in the controller you can change the number on the knob to a different one for each program, so shifting between programs allows you to control a greater amount of parameters in Ableton.

this is actually a great tool for shifting to different effects as you move through a set, you could set up a program for each tune/section of your set to allow only the effects you need for that part to be controlled at that time. if that makes sense..

stjohn
12-07-2007, 04:53 PM
are your sliders still working backwards??

if so... hold down the 2 buttons labelled 'drawbar' at the same time

JohnnySideways
12-07-2007, 05:22 PM
brilliant...thanks for all your tips folks...you're quicker than the ableton forum ;o)
know what i'm doin now...so easy to overlook stuff when your in a flap!
nice1

tOM B
13-07-2007, 02:35 PM
Johnno - i've lost my phone so have sent you a private message with my new number etc

cheers tom :cheese:

StoQ
17-07-2007, 10:40 AM
http://cachepe.samedaymusic.com/media/uc-33e_advanced_user_guide_snglpg-0140c97029f79a42f54172fa10108e55.pdf

278d7e64a374de26f==